Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

DisneyFan18

@Disneyhead'71 as you just pointed out at Inside Universal that Pokémon might not be the Nintendo IP used at Kidzone alongside Hello Kitty. How likely would you say that the IP is Splatoon as you have previously mentioned? Also, if Pokémon doesn’t end at Kidzone are other plans for it, like joining Mario at the third dry park?

Disneyhead'71

@Disneyhead'71 as you just pointed out at Inside Universal that Pokémon might not be the Nintendo IP used at Kidzone alongside Hello Kitty. How likely would you say that the IP is Splatoon as you have previously mentioned? Also, if Pokémon doesn’t end at Kidzone are other plans for it, like joining Mario at the third dry park?
There is a lot of conflicting info out there, so I couldn't possibly guess.

I don't think the plan for USF has been nailed down yet. And I wouldn't rule out Pokemon going on the other side of Springfield.

JoeCamel

i see on another website that Universal is building a fourth park and Nintendo will be one of the lands. I was under the impression that the Nintendo section would be built at the Studios near ET (The woody woodpecker kid's area?)

I don't know if I am allowed to share a link:
but here it is... forgive me if this is not allowed
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/04/d-exclusive-universal-orlando-4th-theme.html
Lets just say things are - fluid.... SNW will get built somewhere, Zelda will get built - somewhere, the magic 8 ball has not settled yet.

Timothy_Q

Why has this area never been used?

Is this not considered an expansion pad?

They could've spared lots of extinct attractions

00000.jpg

JoeCamel

Why has this area never been used?

Is this not considered an expansion pad?

They could've spared lots of extinct attractions

View attachment 274701
That is the backstage service area. Has offices, parade storage, mardi gras float storage, sprung tents for HHN and currently the coaster parts for the new potter coaster are being staged there. It is not an expansion pad.

Jimmy Thick

101 pages of absolutely nothing. Nobody has a clue on this one.

Um, I wrote this in March of 2016:

"Nintendo is being developed for a third gate, on recently repurchased land, years away."

It was true then, its true now. Stop holding out hope, Nintendo is still many many many years away. Its not "fluid", it was always intended for a new gate.

I know more of course, but why bother?

JT3000

That is the backstage service area. Has offices, parade storage, mardi gras float storage, sprung tents for HHN and currently the coaster parts for the new potter coaster are being staged there. It is not an expansion pad.

It could be an expansion pad. A lot of that stuff doesn't actually need to be there, it's just convenient. Unfortunately, as time goes on and more permanent structures get built on that plot, it seems less likely to ever see use by the park. They've already taken a giant chunk out of the available space with the new building.

Mike S

Um, I wrote this in March of 2016:

"Nintendo is being developed for a third gate, on recently repurchased land, years away."

It was true then, its true now. Stop holding out hope, Nintendo is still many many many years away. Its not "fluid", it was always intended for a new gate.

I know more of course, but why bother?
Then why were there permits for this exact land made for KidZone? It was going there and then maybe changed. We still don’t know. Even then it’s a sure bet Nintendo will likely end up in all three parks with the use of different IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom