Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Bairstow

Speaking of Zelda, does anyone know if the planned attractions would use the character designs from Breath of the Wild? Asking because the old leaked pitch art showed a Zelda attraction that seemed to draw inspiration from Twilight Princess, which is odd because of Breath of the Wild’s recent success.

Pretty certain that the current design direction is focusing on Wand of Gamelon.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Pretty certain that the current design direction is focusing on Wand of Gamelon.
*Shudders* we don’t talk about Wand of Gamelon...
King_Harkinian.png

lebeau

To people who don’t work at Universal’s planning department and just want to experience the land, it is very pointless.

I have a different definition of "pointless". I know I used this example before, but one of the reasons Disney-MGM is in the state it is in is that Disney rushed it to completion to beat Universal to the punch. If waiting on Nintendo leads to the entire resort being better laid-out - even if the attractions themselves son't change - I am all for it. Maybe this will lead to crowds being more evenly dispersed among three gates. I don't know, but obviously Universal has their reasons. I doubt this decision is truly pointless. It may test the patience of theme park/Nintendo fans, but that doesn't mean it's a bad decision.

Mike S

I have a different definition of "pointless". I know I used this example before, but one of the reasons Disney-MGM is in the state it is in is that Disney rushed it to completion to beat Universal to the punch. If waiting on Nintendo leads to the entire resort being better laid-out - even if the attractions themselves son't change - I am all for it. Maybe this will lead to crowds being more evenly dispersed among three gates. I don't know, but obviously Universal has their reasons. I doubt this decision is truly pointless. It may test the patience of theme park/Nintendo fans, but that doesn't mean it's a bad decision.
Weird because in my mind putting Mario in USF is a great way to keep people going to that park even after the big shiny new one opens. Put all the really cool stuff in the new park only and people might skip the others if they’ve been before.

No Name

I have a different definition of "pointless". I know I used this example before, but one of the reasons Disney-MGM is in the state it is in is that Disney rushed it to completion to beat Universal to the punch.

Another reason is that they let it rot for the last ten years and then closed a third of the park.

JT3000

To people who don’t work at Universal’s planning department and just want to experience the land, it is very pointless.

Do you want them to do this quickly or do it right? They shouldn't have announced this project prior to even figuring out what they were going to do, which is a total Disney move, but that's no reason to rush an inferior product into existence. Also, the new park needs its own "really cool stuff" to give people a reason to visit. You're acting like it's a foregone conclusion that people will visit the new park and the old ones will need saving. Ask IOA how that works. But if the IP is indeed being moved to the new park, I'm certain this decision isn't entirely about what goes where for the sake of public interest in the next gate. There has to be a practical reason for (possibly) moving an entire project like this, such as wanting to add things or improving the layout. SOMETHING.

Last edited:

lebeau

Weird because in my mind putting Mario in USF is a great way to keep people going to that park even after the big shiny new one opens. Put all the really cool stuff in the new park only and people might skip the others if they’ve been before.

Maybe. I don't know what they are planning. I'm guessing no one here does and if they do they probably aren't talking. My point is that there could be very valid reasons to delay the Nintendo stuff which are related to long-term planning. If that's what is going on, it's a good thing even if some of us get impatient. We can pronounce judgement after we have some info.

Another reason is that they let it rot for the last ten years and then closed a third of the park.

True.

Mike S

Do you want them to do this quickly or do it right? They shouldn't have announced this project prior to even figuring out what they were going to do, which is a total Disney move, but that's no reason to rush an inferior product into existence. Also, the new park needs its own "really cool stuff" to give people a reason to visit. You're acting like it's a foregone conclusion that people will visit the new park and the old ones will need saving. Ask IOA how that works. But if the IP is indeed being moved to the new park, I'm certain this decision isn't entirely about what goes where for the sake of public interest in the next gate. There has to be a practical reason for (possibly) moving an entire project like this, such as wanting to add things or improving the layout. SOMETHING.
And people on the other side jump to the conclusion that getting it sooner in KidZone will make it suck even if it’s the same exact land.

lebeau

And people on the other side jump to the conclusion that getting it sooner in KidZone will make it suck even if it’s the same exact land.

Not exactly. I am arguing that the overall operation of the resort will likely be better off for the extra planning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom