Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

gerarar

Premium Member
Not everyone that likes Mario also likes DKC.

Granted...I do. Tropical Freeze is far better than 3D World. DKC2 and Returns are also phenomenal. And the Minecart ride excites me more than Mario Kart.

I just don’t see any need in defending a bad ride. However unlikely it is, maybe feedback could improve other versions of the ride at the other resorts?
Tropical Freeze and 3D World are my favorite games on the WiiU! Probably the most underrated hidden gems on that console..

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

lol, if you all think Yoshi is underwhelming, you should check out the Elmo log ride elsewhere in USJ:

Thanks to Universal Wonderland, USJ has many more rides for younger children and Yoshi fits right along with them, but with more to look at, some interactivity and much higher capacity.

Oh god that is awful. not even a kid will find that fun. and before anyone goes " its made for little little kids" my counter point is i have seen kids the same age as those in the vidoe posted riding splash mountain before.

Sharon&Susan

Oh god that is awful. not even a kid will find that fun. and before anyone goes " its made for little little kids" my counter point is i have seen kids the same age as those in the vidoe posted riding splash mountain before.
Universal Wonderland is quantity over quality. There's 22 attractions listed on the USJ website compared to the 59 total attractions in the park. And some of the stuff they list as attractions are bottom of the barrel like a slide and a ball pit.

The Grand Inquisitor

Tropical Freeze is arguably the best 2D Platformer ever made. Get it when you have the chance
1609775359878.png

Surferboy567

I’m trying to figure out at the end, when it’s switching from “Rainbow Road” (looks nothing like it but whatever) to the Results screen with Mario wins. How is that accomplished? Is it all the same room? Are they moving?

SplashJacket

It relies on AR glasses but...this was a bit...weird for sure. Hopefully the glasses make a big difference in what we just saw.
The video actually is from within the AR glasses. At certain points within the video you can tell there are sets beyond the glasses, but the way cameras detect light is different from the human eye, so all you really see is the AR video.

Hopefully when it actually opens, Universal will release a video that does it justice, but it definitely looks like this will be an extremely difficult ride to capture a POV on.

After seeing the video, I'm definitely cautiously optimistic, because it definitely looks like a heavy reliance on AR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom