Nineteen Eighty-Four Competition Arena

mickeyfan5534

The Wagon Wheels
In Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom, a giant wagon wheel has popped up in the middle of town! This miraculous invention is from Mr. F. E. Ris takes people all around, for a sky high view of Frontierland and the Magic Kingdom! Here's how it works, four wagon wheels in four spots rotate around in a circle, both up and down and around a center figure.

The attraction and the area surrounding is part of the rumored New Frontierland. The way up to the queue is an old town with the attraction coming up in the distance. As you reach the queue, you see the other inventions of Mr. Ris, such as an automatic well, a weasel popper, and more. As you walk up to the wheel and step inside your spoke, you hear F. E. Ris say,
"Howdy Folks! how you doin'? I hope you enjoy my lil invention here, so keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs in the vehicle at all times and parents, watch your little cowfolks. Ok now, here we go!"
A Western instrumental theme plays as the attraction goes around, stopping at each of the four points. Each wheel holds 8 cars that hold six people at once. once the ride ends, Mr. Ris says "Farewell to you!" and people step off to let more on.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@Basketbuddy101

I thought this was a bit of a mixed bag. It was a good transitioning point in the land and fit in for sure, but I was having a hard time picturing the mechanism you decided to go with. I feel the spinning actually left me a bit confused rather than adding to the attraction.

Creativity: 7/10 Definitely fits the land, but might perhaps go a bit too far into making the area into a literal circus carnival...
Realism: 6/10 Like I said, I had a hard time picturing exactly how the buckets would be spinning.
Detail: 8/10 As always everything is well laid out.
Presentation: 9/10 As usual, the concept art is fantastic.

Total: 30/40

@IDInstitute

I actually thought this was your strongest project of the season. One of the things I admire about your writing is how you put personal experiences in the parks as part of how you came up with the concepts. It helps get into your head on a personal level. The pitch was nothing groundbreaking, but would provide a ton of kinetic energy to be sure!

Creativity: 7.5/10 It's basically a standard Ferris Wheel with flashy lights, but in a really solid location.
Realism: 8.5/10 I can easily see Disney adding an inexpensive flat ride like this during a Tomorrowland redo.
Detail: 9/10 Excellent prose this time around.
Presentation: 9/10 Very much appreciate the effort.

34/40

@mickeyfan5534

This felt like a very rushed project and there wasn't a lot to it. That being said I do give you props for the backstory.

Creativity: 8/10 Really well established "lore" for what is essentially a carnival ride.
Realism: 8/10 Nothing about this is too terribly unfeasible.
Detail: 4/10
Presentation: 4/10 Once again these two departments are where you fall short...

Total: 24/40

This round's rankings.

1. @IDInstitute (34/40)
2. @Basketbuddy101 (30/40)
3. @mickeyfan5534 (24/40)

Which means congratulations @IDInstitute, you have won the first part of the final Head of Household competition and automatically advance to the third round. @Basketbuddy101 and @mickeyfan5534 will now compete for the chance to face IDI in this game's final project.

Final Head of Household Competition (Part Two)
Fountains of Inspiration
paris-fountain.jpg
One of the reasons Paris is the city in the world I personally most want to visit is because of the little details that went into the design of the city. One of which details I admire the most that Walt and the Imagineers certainly took a cue from was the appeal of being close to running water in the form of fountains. Your task in this project is to pitch one singular fountain for any Disney park across the globe, taking Paris as a main cue. Good luck houseguests, this project is due Tuesday, September 8th at 10:00 PM Eastern.

Basketbuddy101

The Cosmic Pool

Despite the recent announcements at D23 surrounding the long-rumored “Star Wars Land” at Disneyland Park, Imagineers have remained utterly silent about Tomorrowland with regard to its future at the Disneyland Resort. For many guests, Tomorrowland has become a stale representation of the future, sorely lacking the title of a “World on the move” as established by past attractions such as the People Mover and the Carousel of Progress. In short, Tomorrowland lacks aesthetic and kinetic appeal. Imagineers have thus created a permanent solution to this problem in the form of a new fountain located directly between the Innoventions building, Space Mountain, and the Star Trader: The Cosmic Pool. The Cosmic Pool will be built directly on top of a site that is no stranger to water, a site that once housed the short-lived “Cosmic Waves” water player area and the amusing yet underwhelming granite kugel sphere.

This cool oasis will bring much-needed energy back to this corner of Tomorrowland, and will help to fulfill Walt Disney’s original vision of Tomorrowland as a monument to “the challenge of Outer Space and the hope for a peaceful, unified world.”It’s important to note that the addition of the Cosmic Pool was designed with a Tomorrowland refurb fully in mind. In other words, Imagineers have made it clear that when the time comes to fully refurbish Tomorrowland altogether, The Cosmic Pool will remain as a permanent monument to Tomorrowland.

Construction:

Constructing the pool will not be terribly expensive. The surrounding planters will remain, continuing to provide much-needed shade to guests. New tile will be added to the area, contrasting white with a cool blue. These colors, in unison with the green trees and plants, promote a greener future, and will match nicely with the recent repainting of the Magic Eye Theater. Additionally, Imagineers will reuse the same water source from the Kugel sphere for the fountain.

The Fountain:

The fountain depicts the nine orbiting planets of our own solar system as they rotate around the sun, which is situated nicely in the center of the fountain. The planets all have the ability to spin a full 360 degrees, and they can actually “orbit” around the sun via spinning mechanism under the water. An loop of ‘Define Dancing’ from Wall-E will play as guests watch the planets of the solar system ‘dance’ around the sun.

The planets themselves are made of a granite material, and although they may appear heavy in mass, they are actually relatively light, as they are mostly hollow. The fountain as a whole represents mankind’s fascination with outer space, and will remind guests that Tomorrowland will always be tied to space and space travel as long as Disneyland exists. At nighttime, the fountain will come to life with dazzling lighting effects, drawing considerable attention to the area, inspiring guests to brave the thrills of Space Mountain. Additionally, the fountain can be synched to the nearby projection shows of Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy, where guests will watch at the rotating planets glow an eerie green. The Cosmic Fountain is altogether cool, clean, and perhaps most importantly, kinetic, bringing much-needed life to Disneyland’s most lacking area.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
For reference, here are the official standings for the season so far!

Pre Jurors
12th Place: @brb1006
11th Place: @DisneyPrincess1993
10th Place: @brinneydee
9th Place: @ToInfinityAndBeyond
8th Place: @gilm0114

Jury House
7th Place: @Brer Panther
6th Place: @GMR710
5th Place: @DisneyManOne
4th Place: @Flippin'Flounder

Final Three: @IDInstitute, @Basketbuddy101, @mickeyfan5534

Mickeyfan, I'm going to give you until One PM Eastern tomorrow to turn in your project. If it doesn't surface by then @Basketbuddy101 will officially move on to face IDI in the final round.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Many apologies. I've had a miserable cold the past few days that just made me miserable, but enough about me. I proudly present...
The Gravity Pool
tumblr_nt5c2ljL2U1s1vn29o1_400.jpg
In Tokyo DisneySea, something stunning has popped up in Port Discovery. Port Discovery is a marina of the future, where science and technology come to their epoch. The perfect place for a fountain that appears to defy gravity in an area that's slightly lacking in kinetic energy.
Port_Discovery_at_Tokyo_DisneySea.jpg

Nearby the entrance of Aquatopia, you see a new large fountain has popped up, almost over night. The weird thing is, the fountain appears to be going up instead of down. The squared fountain rotates around while running, giving the illusion that the water continues running when it hits the next line, with a larger, more classic fountain shooting out of the middle. Overall, a simple yet very effective way to continue the theme of Port Discovery.

tumblr_inline_nt5c2gpQuH1rcxlj5_540.png
The unique fountain is easy to instal and implement, as seen in the above diagram, and instead of just being in a plain old field, will be hanging over Aquatopia, for what should be a very epic and majestic view without ruining the present beautiful sight lines of the park, while adding to its beauty and majesty with a unique and intriguing piece.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I don't have time to give feedback or grade right now as I'm getting ready to go to class, but @Basketbuddy101 has the stronger project in my mind and therefore moves on to the final round. Scores and feedback will be coming some time tonight.

Final Head of Household Competition (Part Three)
Ghosts N' Pirates
sea_captain.jpg

It all comes down to Basketbuddy or @IDInstitute to earn the title of final Head of Household. For the last project of the season, you guys will be going back in time and re-designing either the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland from the ground up. This means you may use scenes and concepts that made it into the final project or that were scrapped by are well known, but the goal to this project is to put your own personal touch on the attraction.

They still open on the same dates, in the same location, but they're designed with YOU as the head Imagineer. Try to be as creative as possible and put your stamp this while still keeping with the spirit of the original. Also, the first person to claim either attraction in this thread has dibs on it, and the remaining houseguest must work with the alternate attraction. Good luck houseguests. This project is due Thursday, September 10th at 11 PM Eastern.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'm a little confused when you say "redesigning from the ground up" and "you may use scenes from the current edition". Just how different should we make it? Thanks in advance :)

Really sorry I didn't see this sooner. The gist is that if you use scenes from the original attraction, use them well and make them fit into the context of your story and not just have them be there for homage sake.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'll have to grade what's presented when I get back from class tonight which will be something like two in the morning Eastern time. Only reason it needs to be done is that I've arranged for the jury to vote tomorrow.

Basketbuddy101

Pirates of the Caribbean

It’s March 18th, 1967, and Disneyland is on the verge of debuting its most spectacular attraction of all time: Pirates of the Caribbean. The press is on hand to cover the attraction, and the park is as busy as it’s ever been. Wally Boag himself is in the vicinity of the park, and guests are eagerly waiting to experience the attraction for themselves. While making their way through the switchback exterior queue, guests notice the beautifully-designed New Orleans style exterior, which Imagineers never even considered changing, as it perfectly established the New Orleans time and setting.

Queue/Preshow

Originally, Imagineers planned to create a dining experience that would complement the attraction: The Blue Bayou. Ultimately, it was decided that this would give the attraction itself a smaller footprint, so most of the bayou setting was scrapped, except for the loading area. Upon entering the building, guests find themselves in an old-fashioned New Orleans shoppe called “Rogue’s Gallery: Antiques and Relics,” a quaint yet ominous store covered with various pirate items.

Old boots hang from the wooden rafters. Guests spot a number of creaky shelves which house a number of old books and utensils. A large anchor is wrapped in chains nearby a collection of old rum bottles. Rusty hooks, swords, telescopes, hats, and a table topped with authentic pistols, along with the eerie blue glow emitting from the walls, fully immerse guests as the handrails guide them along the ominous shop. Guests then enter the second and final room in the shoppe: The Treasure Store Room.

Guests curve around this small room and find a number of priceless pirate treasures, including golden instruments, jewels, coins, gold pots and vases, an old ship wheel, and authentic cannon, along with various empty barrels of rum. Disturbing sounds emerge from inside the barrels, and sharp-eyed guests might notice that the bits of treasure are vibrating slightly. Guests hear unsettling moans and echoes bouncing off the walls. There’s little doubt that these antiques and relics are haunted. Guests then exit the shop through an opening in the store room and find themselves in the loading area, a squeaky old dock located near the backside of the store. Guests see the twinkling lights of New Orleans in the distance. The night is forebodingly calm. Guests board their own bateaux and venture slightly away from the shoppe and towards the waterfront.

New Orleans Waterfront and Cellar

In the area that would have been occupied by The Blue Bayou Lagoon, guests glide along the banks of the New Orleans waterfront. A large matte painting depicts the twinkling urban landscapes of New Orleans in the distance. A river boat is perched beside an old swamp; the boat will utilize forced perspective to simulate its distance. Guests hear the distant sounds of the city’s residents, along with the croaking of toads and the chirping of crickets. The boat curves around the harbor and reenters the familiar shoppe, where guests find themselves in an old flooded cellar, Guests hear a rainstorm brewing from the outside; lightning flashes from the boarded windows as the sounds of rain “tap” against the ceiling. Guests look ahead to see a talking skull, Jolly is hanging from above a dark passageway; the talking skull is voiced by X Atencio.

“Avast there, for ye be heading into perilous waters, and this quaint little shoppe of ol trinkets might just get ye more than ya bargained fer. So ye come seekin’ adventure and salty ol pirates, eh? Heh, well ye came to the right place, but don’t go stickin’ your nose where it don’t belong, or Davy Jones might just take it fer his own. Heh heh heh.”

The boat careens down the first and largest drop in the attraction, sending guests decades back in time and into a quiet town in the Spanish Main.

Port Sagrado:

Port Sagrado is a peaceful little town located across from another island. Guests cruise under a wooden bridge and past a large ship docked beside the canal. On the opposite side of the ship, guests spot the town’s tavern, its windows wide open, revealing the various drunken townsfolk (animatronics) sleeping against the counter. The shopkeeper, a stout man, is cleaning glasses with a rag; guests overhear him muttering to himself.

“Pirates? Here? Bah. Let ‘em come have a drink on me. Go right ahead, boys, there’s plenty rum to go ‘round. Can’t be no worse than these drunken rats. Least them pirates might actually gimme something fer my trouble. You doin’ alright there, boys?” One pirate on the counter burps loudly in his sleep. “Pirates here? Bah. Let ‘em come…”

At this point, guests learn that there are rumors of pirates nearby. The boats travel deeper into the town, where they find an old man with a tattered coat grinning at a group of frightened townsfolk. A wooden sign near the man reads “Safe Passage to Nearest Port.” The townsfolk are fleeing the town, and this cunning character is trying to profit from the situation. Guests hear the man talking to his customers, a gold tooth shining brightly in his mouth.

“Come on then, step aboard for safe passage to the nearest port. Come on, men, keep yer women and children safe! Yes, that’s right, only a few silver coppers. Get in the boat, now, or them pirates will send you swimming, heh heh. Come on now, boys, what’s a few coppers for your family’s safety? Heh heh.”

Guests look toward the line of frightened townsfolk. One husband is clutching his as their young son asks them what’s going on. Another man is holding a lantern in one hand while his wife cradles their baby in her arms. Another man is kneeling before his son, his arms on the boys shoulders, counseling him. The boats then curve along the banks of the scene and towards the town fortress. As the boats travel along the rocky waters of the town’s fortress, they find that the guards are comedically sleeping on the job, their hands barely clutching to their torches. We see that one of the guards is waving a torch in his hand, his expression that of a great concern.

“Pirates straight ahead! Wake up, you lazy dogs, there’s pirates about! Come on, won’t someone wake up! Wake up, you! Pirates near the harbor! Alert the town!”

It seems like the pirates have arrived, and the sleepy town is in for quite the surprise. The boats travel through the fortress where they see the town’s militia manning the cannons and gathering their supplies. One man is clumsily trying to pull his head out of a helmet. Another man is carelessly waving his pistol in the air while his comrades are ducking under some barrels. Others are terrified altogether of the oncoming attack, their legs shaking as they position the cannons. The boat exits the fortress and heads towards the harbor.

Sinking at the Harbor:

Guests find the crew of mischievous pirates aboard a few rowboats, all of them laughing at the opposing ship, which they managed to sink in a presumed surprise attack. The pirates move back in forth in glee as guests see the town’s militia struggling to stay afloat in barrels. The scene is altogether played for laughs. Guests see the militia shiver in fear as a shark fin circles around them. One particular militant is seen spinning in a barrel while a seagull flaps its wings on his head. Another militant is clinging to the plank, which is bouncing up and down; the man is whimpering in fear from the circling shark.

Guests see a militant swinging from one of the posts on the sinking ship, his hands clutching tightly to the rope while a militant on the crow’s nest clutches to a pole while looking down. Guests travel through the scene and into the sinking boat itself.

As the militia struggles with the sinking boat outside, guests explore the ship’s interior, where they find the militia Captain in a barrel of his own, “going down with the ship” as any good captain would. Across from the captain is a pirate rowboat, where a few members of the crew are trying to read the militia Captain’s map, which hangs from the ceiling near a swinging chandelier. A skinny pirate is hanging from the chandelier, spinning in circles and glancing at the map at every turn. Another pirate, this one fat and slow, is leaning against the front of the rowboat; his comrades, two lean pirates, are struggling to keep the boat from capsizing. Guests exit the sinking boat and head towards the island beyond the harbor.

Isla de Lagrimas

The boats approach Isla de Lagrimas, a dense island lit only by the moonlight and the pirates’ torches. Guests spot the crew digging up supplies near a cluster of palm trees. The pirates are digging up their weapons and several bottles of rum. One pirate in particular is seen with his head spinning in the ditch, having gotten drunk while digging. While most of the pirates grunt as they dig with their shovels, a few pirates are gawking over two lovely maids from the town, who were seduced into joining the crew. The maids are sitting on crates, one of them admiring her reflection and the other toying with a parrot.

As guests venture deeper into the island however, we find that the pirates are having trouble with the wildlife on the island. Guests pass a scene in which a couple of pirates are being attacked by a jaguar. The jaguar’s teeth are closed tightly on the pirate’s rear end, revealing polka dot trousers. The other pirate is attempting to reach for his pistol, which is perched on top of a hill, just out of his reach. On the other side of the river, a trio of crocodiles is snapping at a drunken pirate who is tauntingly wagging his finger at the creatures, giggling, burping and cooing. As the clouds loom overhead, guests wind along the dense jungles and into the largest show scene in the attraction.

The Counterattack:

Guests enter a massive scene that takes place along one of the island’s beaches. The miltia is in the process of delivering a fierce counterstrike against the pirates. Guests see the opposing ship in the distance via forced perspective, tiny lights simulating the blast of cannonfire. Guests wind through the canal and notice that the trees appear to be on fire. Thick fog simulates fire as the leaves on the trees begin to crisp, many of the pirates taking refuge underneath the rocks. We see the presumed Captain of the pirate crew perched on a rock; he calls out to the pirates to take refuge in the caves. “Come on then, ya swabs! Get in them caves, move on! I said retreat, you scurvy scum! Come on, boys, this battle’s lost! Move that bloomin’ cannon down there!” It appears as if the Captain is ordering the crew to defend the island with their own cannons, but the pirates are having trouble positioning the cannon because it too is on fire. One of the pirates is seen clutching an anteater animatronic in fear; the creature meanwhile is too preoccupied with his dinner to notice. The boats wind through the scene and enter a nearby cavern, fleeing the scene along with the pirates. Guests are sent down a second, smaller waterfall in the attraction and into the subterranean areas of the grotto.

Deadman’s Grotto:

Guests find themselves traveling through a series of dank caverns, past a roaring waterfall, a shipwreck, and under a family of bats, which flap their wings menacingly at guests from above. Guests then meet the pirate crew once more, as they discover the clan of buccaneers in a drunken state, swimming in large piles of gold. The pirates, it seems, have found the treasure at lasts, hills of twinkling gold coins, jewels, goblets, vases, and other relics. Three of the pirates are struggling to balance themselves atop a pile of gold coins, but that doesn’t stop them from playing their new golden instruments.

The pirates don’t seem to notice that the rest of the island is on fire. Guests notice that the cavern is falling in on itself, as evident by the large cracks and crevices on the ceiling. Guests see the fiery palm trees swaying helplessly in the wind as some of the fog penetrates the cavern itself. A few pirates, all of them draped in elegant gold cloaks, have taken a militant prisoner and strapped him to a rock, where the tide begins to surround him. Again, the scene is played for laughs, as the man looks down in horror at the rising tide and then looks up at the fire outside. After traveling a little deeper into the grotto, guests find that a few pirates are fleeing the celebration and attempting to ditch the crew, taking some of the treasure with them in the process. The pirates are scrambled along a rocky ledge, and they are well aware of the fact that some of the fire is starting to penetrate the cave. One pirate in particular is wielding a rifle and overseeing the procedure. As the pirates struggle to lift the chests of treasure they’ve scavenged, the pirate leader is mocking them.

“Put yer backs into it, you lot of worms. What good’s a treasure if ye ain’t ‘round to use it, huh? Come on, lift that ruddy crate, you! Get along, you scum, ‘fore the cave collapses on us all. Yer all gonna be a lot crispier if you don’t put yer backs into it boys, come on then!”

Caved In:

The boats then cruise past one of the final scenes in the grotto, depicting a section of the grotto that has caved in on itself. Guests watch as the rocks begin to vibrate, some of them spinning on top of each other. The sounds of hurried pirates echo through the walls, looking for an escape. One pirate is literally caved into a segment of the grotto. Guests watch as his hand reaches for a gold coin a few feet ahead of him, his greed consuming his fear. Another pirate on the opposite bank of the canal is seen sitting flat on the ground, counting his coins as a large boulder teeters above him, posing to crush him. It becomes clear that the pirates are so consumed by their greed that they can’t conceive of the danger they’re in. The boats then begin to travel up the waterfall. As they travel up, they find that the song of the pirates has been reduced to echoes, implying that the spirits of the pirates remain within the grotto, celebrating their wealth for all eternity. As a final touch, guests notice a skeleton draped in jewels and coins, a crown on his head. A large crate stocked with gold coins reveals that this pirate was unable to escape because the burden of his treasure was too much to carry. Guests then emerge from the grotto and return to the familiar boarding area, where they exit the attraction via a short corridor leading to the heart of New Orleans Square.

Basketbuddy101

I really don't know who to pick, because there's really no clear cut way of making these decisions. Tough call, but I'm going to have to evict Mickeyfan, even though this is a completely arbitrary decision, and I'm only doing it because I think IDInstitute is planning on turning a solid project in.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
And with that, congrats @Basketbuddy101 and @IDInstitute, you are officially the Final Two!

I'm sorry @mickeyfan5534, you have been evicted from the 1984 House and have become the final juror.

What will now take place is opening statements. The final two have 12 hours to make a statement outlining their gameplay. Everything from strategy to social game to the projects themselves. Pitch your case for why you deserve to win over your opponent.

The wonderful jury will then go on to cast their votes. If they want to, they may also make a statement and/or ask one or both of the final two a question. It's entirely up to you. I'll let you know when to vote as soon as both the final two have released their statements.

@Brer Panther
@GMR710
@DisneyManOne
@Flippin'Flounder
@mickeyfan5534

Because I haven't gotten confirmation that @DisneyManOne will be available to cast a vote, in the event of a tie I shall break it based COMPLETELY off of the statements and arguments made by the final two.

Basketbuddy101

Closing Statement:

Going into this competition, I wasn’t as concerned about winning as I was about the chance to play a game like this again. I knew about a few other competitions going on at WDWMagic.com, but it wasn’t until a few months ago that I realized it might be time to come out of retirement and give one of these another go. At that point, I didn’t care what the competition was about so long as I had a chance to compete and put all the things I’ve learned in the past to the test. In retrospect, I think everything worked out as best as it possibly could have.

From the beginning, I knew that if I was going to use concept art. My concept art is a significant part of my strategy, but I only use it to supplement the audience’s vision for a project. In other words, if the concept art doesn’t help my audience imagine what I’m going for, then it doesn’t serve any significant purpose outside of looking good. I think this strategy is best exemplified in the first project. Almost instantly, I knew I wanted to theme the course to the Joker, because it seemed like such a natural idea: bridge a cutesy golf course with the madness of Batman’s greatest enemy. I quickly researched clown-themed golf courses and came by some really inspiring images. With the help of those images, I began modeling my own course; I rendered it shortly afterward and added artificial lighting in post processing to create the finished product.

This is essentially how all my 3D concept art is made: planning, modeling, rendering, and some amount of post processing. Aside from the 3D art, however, I took to drawing up some characters by hand, which is something that I know I’m not best at. In the Don Bluth project, for instance, I knew I would have to draw up the characters by hand. After drawing some really rough sketches, I converted them into computer drawings and went from there. Again, I know I’m definitely not the best traditional artist, but with regard to the entire competition, you have to push for variety or else your presentation gets stale. In short, art constituted the bulk of my strategy. When I’m not working on the concept art, I’m busy making sure that the story of the project works and the writing is legible and well-written enough to be worthy of presenting. There’s really not much to say about my write-ups except that I do my best and hope for the best.

Social game, now that’s a tricky word with respect to this particular competition. I’ll admit, it was a bit of a shame to work alone for the entirety of the game. I’ll be honest and say that working alone has always been my preference, and the fact that I miss working in groups is a testament to my growth as a player in these competitions. I think there’s a sort of arrogance that comes along with doing well in these competitions, and that definitely was something that I think I broke out of. This competition was particularly important to my growth as a player because it made me realize that trying to be the best is only okay when you offer opponents the respect they deserve. This is why I never liked eliminating anyone, because having so much power was unsettling to me. I never cared about eliminating players, I only wanted to play the game and get along with other players.

One such player was, fittingly enough, @IDInstitute. I got along great with @IDInstitute throughout the course of the game, and we traded a few casual messages here and there. I wouldn’t call those messages strategy-based in the slightest, but they were definitely social in nature. @IDInstitute is a respected player on the forums, and from the moment I realized he had won the first season of The Sole Imagineer, I knew he was probably the player to beat. I guess I always suspected that we might make it to the final round, and here we are. If there were another player that were worthy of winning this competition, it would be @IDInstitute.

With that said, I realize that this statement is about pleading my own case as to why I deserve to win. I think my case at this point is pretty simple: I did my absolute best on every project and the results were mostly satisfactory. I think my consistency as a player makes me most deserving to win this competition. I turned in each project with a sense of pride, and I respected my opponents and understood that they would often surpass me in various areas because everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. There’s really not much else to say except that I did my best and to have regrets for anything, even losing, would be utterly senseless. I had a great deal of fun playing alongside these players, planning and making projects, getting feedback. As cliché as it may sound, that alone was better than winning ever could be. Thank you @TheOriginalTiki for recruiting me! It was a fun ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom