Nine Worlds - A Viking Adventure!

Chad

Better way of putting it, But I've always known of your potential, you've come up with some amazing stuff in the past, and I knew it would just be awhile before you gave us a finished Idea

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Amazing stuff in the past?! Trust me. I don't see what is so good about them things back then. Maybe that's me. - The WeirdOne :D

P.S.-Thanks for some comfort. I always wanted to be accepted somewhere.

Imagineer

Interesting.....but......

Ok Weirdone I am FINALLY replying to you (Got to LOVE canceled class!). Anyways on with the ride.....

First off, Great imagination and great research on the story line. I am sure most of the average riders wouldn't know the accuracey but thats the extra step imagineers take in story telling. I like the overall idea of the ride and the two seperate endings.

Problems: There are many problems with this ride. The biggest one being SIZE. That "tree" would be the largest tree I have ever seen! 200ft drop INSIDE makes for about a 250ft building (even if part of the drop goes underground). The extra 50ft is for computers/mechanics and what not. Another thing, the vehicle would be traveling in and out of the 'tree', that would make for a very large diameter needed so that the vehicle could swerve to switch directions and what not, all while avoiding the center of the tree because of the drop. The length of this ride would be longer than you think. That is because 200ft is VERY HIGH! Especially for an EMV attraction. ToT pulls off the 199ft height because it is small elevators traveling VERTICALLY, EMVS travel horizonatally mostley. The only way I could see the height of this buildling being realized is having areas where the car would be raised on a lift in stead of going up ramps. The Ramps on the outside of the building can only be so steep. MABY 30degrees MAX. Also, when you think about it, 9 worlds would only represent say 10ft per 'world'. 10x9=90ft There for the drop and building should really be about 100ft. 10ft is average for room heights, and yes I understand that not every thing is average. Finally the last MAJOR problem I see is the whole hell part. This doesn't work for me and Disney (cough cough Mr. Toads Wild Ride!). I also don't see a drop being taken in an EMV but thats just me and it will probably be done one day.

Here are some ideas that would in my mind 'fix' the problems I see. For the size: Take away the tree concept as the whole building. Instead make the tree a facade near the entrence, you can still have the vehicles on the outside in some parts. This will allow you to manipulate the scenes inside to simulate raising in height when in reality you are staying on two or three stories high. Second for the drop, make it a simulated drop. If the show building is 3 stories, make the drop 3 stories but simulate a larger fall through special effects, it can be done! The hell part, well that might just stay in to follow the story line. I just don't know how Disney would react......

Overall GREAT imagination and great story telling. Just need to work on practicality. I know the story line is just the begginning, just need to start refining. Also, I know in some of my Storm Chasers script some of the things are not practical (Storm simulation on a sound stage) but they are just ideas. They too need refined.

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Well, first, a cuple of comments.

Hel, is nothing like the Christian hell. This is completely different place. It just looks gloomy and dark. No fire, no demons, just a goddess. Like I said, there would be nothing offensive.

As for the tree, I am not giving up on this concept. I will gladly lower the height. The ride starts like 50 feet underground as it is. As for 200 feet. That is just my pure guess, and idea. I have no factual proof to proove that the tree will be this tall. I imagined something large, so it could always be SCALED down. I imagine, something like 100 feet tall would be a very good height for this tree.

Post More Later, g2g, - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Original Poster
As for the outside, it would only be an up section like the beginning of Test Track. You know?As for the tree, it doesn't have to be very big around because each world won't be that big. Each worl only goes through a few major points. The only world I see as big would be the world of the giants and the feet. But, that's about it. - The WeirdOne :fork:

james4023464

That was so cool. Are you an Imagineer? If not you need to become one and make that ride. It sounds so cool. Sounds better than TOT:king: . Keep up the good work. Do have more ride ideas, if you do I would love to know them.

WeirdOne

Original Poster
An Imagineer, I wish. As for new ideas, me and a friend are doing a joint concept for EPCOT's 25th.

WARNING - IT IS GOING TO BE HUGE. A BIG EVENT.

- The WeirdOne :D

CmdrTostada

Very impressive!! The tree can be that huge because it is the the tree of life!! Also just look at some Tolkien with the trees of Lothlorien. Very good job Weirdone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom