Nine Worlds - A Viking Adventure!

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Nine Worlds - A Viking Adventure!

Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil is the show building in which this ride takes place in. It is a giant spiraling tree. It will contain a few Audio Animatronics just like the real tree contained animals. This tree will be around 200 feet tall. At the top you will see a rainbow that spirals back into the tree that is held up by Yggdrasil’s branches.

Queue

As guests go under an arch with the ride name, they see Yggdrasil. All of a sudden, a Jules Verne inspired Sci-Fi car zooms up in part of the tree and spirals up before going inside. The entrance sign is the words: The Nine Worlds with fire, water, darkness, light, giants, gnomes, humans, gods, a rainbow, and other symbolic things of the Nine Worlds all around it with Yggdrasil in the middle of the sign. As guest snake under the tree in the queue, they suddenly see an Audio Animatronic squirrel named Ratatoskr who is the mischief maker who constantly run up and down the tree spreading rumors between the eagle at the top (later in story) and Nidhogg at the roots (later in the story). He continually does this and irritates the guests as he does it by shouting out things like “You know what, the eagle at the top of the tree said you guys are unworthy, and you shall soon find out. Ha Ha Ha!” or “Nidhogg at the roots will chew you guys alive if you persist to enter Yggdrasil.” But, clearly these are all lies.
As guests begin to enter Yggdrasil, they spot an Audio Animatronic goat named Heidrun. She is in the branches above where you were going to enter. She is constantly browsing the branches for good food. She says things to the guests like, “I wouldn’t do that. Odin and the gods will crush you. They see you unfit.” or “I wouldn’t do that if I was you, you will surely die in there.” But you persist on into the tree. As you continue into the tree, you enter a large room. On the roof and sides are clear and you see the serpent Nidhogg relentlessly chewing at the room you are in. You see the sharp teeth and the huge jaws, you scram past the queue and further down into the tree.
You enter in a small room. Inside this room there is a sign by a very small river. It says, “Here is the river Hvergelmir, where time is measured in its laughter.” As you get closer to the river you hear laughs coming and they get faster and slower, louder and softer, longer and shorter. You begin to freak and cross the bridge over the river through a long corridor with pictures of warriors whose eyes constantly stare at you. You enter another room covered in frost and snow and you see the fountain Mimir, in which all wisdom dwelt. As you pass it, you hear quotes and sayings and facts by famous people. It even surprises you. A few guests that unluckily step on a diamond stone get squirted a bit.
As you pass another long corridor, you enter another fairly large room. Inside was the fountain of the wisest of the Norns, Urd. You see an Audio Animatronic of him sitting by the well. He says things like, “You aren’t a Norn, what are you doing down here? You will surely be killed!” and “Get out, get out while you still can, for you will surely be killed.” Every day the Norns draw water from the well with which they sprinkled the ash tree so that it should not wither and rot away. By the well, you see Audio Animatronic Norns carrying water back and forth straight into the roots of Yggdrasil which magically rejuvenate before your eyes. In the queue you are constantly moving down. You are now about 60 feet underground. You enter a small, but dark room.

Pre-Show

Inside, trees block your way out. All you see is in the center of the room, a statue of a man. A spirit rises up inside the statue. He explains that he is Odin. He tells the story of the gods and how Yggdrasil is the tree of life. He tells of how he hung himself for nine nights from Yggdrasil. The room goes dark and you see Odin’s body hanging from the ceiling. He explains that it was to gain knowledge. He explains about how you must go to the gods in the mountains of Esageard to help them stop Fenrir from swallowing the earth, except you must pass the Nine Worlds, and then you shall be deemed worthy.
He says the god of fire, Loki, a trickster and a challenger of the gods has fashioned you a vehicle to safely get past the Nine Worlds. He urges you to hurry as Fenrir is going to be loose soon. He explains that Fenrir is the apocalyptic dog who swallows gods and world and all life ends. The world then returns to the state in which it began. He urges you to rush and get there fast. The trees then open up and you proceed straight into the boarding room.

You enter a stony cavern in the darkness of Helheim (world of ice), the underworld. The first of the Nine Worlds. It is cold and stony and dark. In the background you can hear Fenrir howling and the room shakes. You go into one of the two loading platforms and you board your 12 passenger EMV’s that look like metal cars with gadgets and squeaky wheels and lights that are falling apart and the whole bit. Fenrir howls again and you are off.

The Ride

As the two tracks merge, your car takes a sharp left. You pass the area where Fenrir is contained. He howls at you. You take a sharp right into a place with high walls. You see a half black half white woman in front of you. She is bloodstained, and next to her is Fenrir. He is also bloodstained and gruesome looking. The woman is dressed in a torn bloodstained dress. She wears a crown. Next to her are pools of sick and dead people trying to reach up. She begins to speak as your car halts.

(Hel) – Hel is my name. I am the goddess of the Helheim and Niflheim. You have trespassed into my realms. [Her voice changes into a satanic tone] Tåpelige dødelig. De nå vil bli! Ha Ha Ha! [Roughly translated - Foolish mortals. You shall now be relinquished!]

She leans back and blows a huge fire ring at you similar to the one in Indiana Jones and The Temple Of The Crystal Skull in Tokyo DisneySea. As soon as you get hit by it, you dive underground into a stony bridge. On the sides of the bridge are pools of dead souls. Hel’s voice is heard echoing in the distance.

(Hel) – Leaving so soon? I think not!

Audio Animatronic hands reach up to grab you. The wheels screech and you are sent down the bridge into Niflheim – the world of ice.
As you pass from a dark, stony, cold place, you go into a snowy icy place. You skid and swerve. The trees seem to try to reach and grab you. Icicles seem to jut out of the ground and the ceiling. You go straight into a dark tunnel.
You enter a large very dark cave. Glowing red eyes appear. You hear whispering. They eyes seem to move and the whispering grows. You headlights flash on and reveal hideous dark elves. One jumps at the car, but misses. They shriek.

(Dark Elf) – You shall never reach Odin. Fenrir will rule the world, you are all doomed.

In the car we hear Odin.

(Odin) – You are now approaching Jotunheim. This is the land of the giants.

You burst into the light outside of Yggdrasil. You spiral up about 10 feet on the outside and you seem to be getting smaller. You slow down. You are in a huge forest with a waterfall. All of a sudden, you see another car full of skeletons drive by and a giant Audio Animatronic foot comes down and squashes the car.

(Odin) – Hurry up and get out of here. The giants will squash you.

You see a foot drop in front of you and you swerve left while speeding up a humongous amount. Then another comes down. You swerve right. Then left. Then left again. Each time you swerve a foot blocks you off. A half turn and a right and a left. All of a sudden, your engine cuts off. You stop. You see the foot begin to plummet down. All of a sudden, it starts again you zoom straight ahead and you plummet outside again. You spiral up more of the tree.
You see a cave. It is green and looks peaceful. You enter it. You are now in Midgard. This is the world of humans. You see many Vikings doing daily jobs. Some come up to you and bless you.

(Viking 1) - Velsign De. Untatt oss fom Fenrir. [Roughly translated – Bless you. Save us from Fenrir.]

(Viking 2) - Untatt våre sjeler! [Roughly translated – Save our souls.]

You enter a stave church. You burst into the light yet again. This time you do a sharp left.

(Odin) – You are entering Muspelheim. This is the land of fire. Watch out for the booby traps and the fire.

Then you climb about 30 feet and do another sharp left into a hot and red glowing cave. Huge flames go up to each of your sides. A huge spiked roller comes down from the ceiling barely missing you. You see an Audio Animatronic Surt - the defender of Muspelheim. He is holding his huge flaming sword.

(Surt) – You have entered my lair. You do not have permission. Thou shall be vanquished. Forbered å bli å bli ofretintruders av![Roughly translated – Prepare to be sacrificed, intruders of Muspelheim!]

He swings his huge fire sword missing you, but by inches. He tries again, only missing by inches. Huge flames rise. You begin trying to go around them. You are trapped in a dead end. You car swerves right thru the flames.
You enter a narrow cave, and enter Vanaheim. This is the world of the Vanir. You zip thru a long narrow field. In it is many Audio Animatronic Harts/Deer. You see a line of golden statues of rocks. As you get closer, they turn their heads. As soon as you get in front of one, it shoots and arrow right by your head. These arrows are unfertility arrows as this is the hall of the fertility gods. You run through a line of them and you fell many arrows wiz by your head. You enter into the light spiraling even more up higher into Yggdrasil.
You enter Alfheim. This is the home of the light elves. They cheer you onto the gods.

(Light Elf 1) - Nesten der.[Roughly translated – Almost there.]

(Light Elf 2) - Fortsett foran. De har har vært proven verdig. [Roughly translated - Go on ahead. You have been proven worthy.]

You have almost made it! You go up a bit and burst into the light. You stop. You realize you are 200 feet in the air. At the top of Yggdrasil. You see an Audio Animatronic eagle with a falcon named Vedhrfolnir perched on its head. It notices you. You slowly move towards it. It shrieks and you take a hard left. You see a golden rooster.

(Rooster) – You will now be judged. If worthy, you shall enter to the gods. If not, you shall do down to Helheim for a pleasant afterlife.

This is where the ride changes. Either he sees you unfit.

(Rooster Scenario 1) – Unfit! Uskikket!

Your car plummets down (I.E. – Tower Of Terror) through all of the Nine Worlds into Helheim. From there you would drive a slow path along dead souls to the loading station.
The other scenario is that he deems you fit.

(Rooster Scenario 2) – Fit! Anfall!

You would then cross the flaming rainbow down back into the tree. You would then enter the realm of the gods, Esageard. It is a mountainous area. You would see all the gods.

(Odin) – Congratulations! Fenrir’s plans have been spoiled and he has been locked up for good again.

You would reach the end of the line. You car would turn around. You would see Odin standing there.

(Odin) – You are too dangerous now. You know too much! Omkomm i Hels rikedødelig. [Roughly translated – Perish in Hel’s realm.]

All the sudden, the lights would go off, and you would drop Tower Of Terror style into Hel. You would then be guided by the dead souls back to the loading station.

Either route you take will lead you on an exciting adventure. You will exit straight into a gift shop. And then hop right back in line.

Well, now what do you people think? I did heavy research, so whatever you read there can be proven. This required a fair ammount of work. Also, I know the ending is weird and maybe a bit tacky, but I mean, It was the best I wanted to do to tie the idea together. i don't have any concpet art, but this is an EMV ride (Like Indy). I might add more later.

Now, give me your comments!

- The WeirdOne :D

Chad

I'm speechless..

One of the best EMV rides I've read on these boards! It truly sounds great! Was this to go into EPCOT at norway, or was it meant for a jules Verne land, or what?

A few questions..How does the car get 200 feet in the air?!? Is it a gradual climb throughout the entire ride? Or what?

So no matter what, we're sent to hell?

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Chad, the whole ride is a gradual ascent up the gaint wrold tree.

AS for the end. In Norse Mythology, everyone ends up in Hel's realm, or in Valhalla, but that is for soldiers and clearly, Chad, we are not.

As for the land. This ride could go into Norway, or I was planning to add a new land into one of the parks called Norseland.

Anyother suggestions/questions/comments? - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - WHAT? Chad hasn't found any flaws ;)?

Castle Cake Apologist

Awesome! Glad to see you made it more "Politically Correct" then it was before. Heaven forbid anyone should get offended on a Disney ride :animwink: Keep up the awesome work!

-Jake

PS-
I'm designing an aquatic themed park called Seven Seas. It should be done by Summer 2002 when I will post it in the boards, keep your eyes open! :D

Chad

No, I found some questions, but not flaws yet. :) But don't worry, I'm working hard to dig some up!!

200ft drop? And it's a slow ascent? This building is going to be HUGE! The slight slope of the the ride track would mean it would have to be layed out over large distances...Just a note.

Please explain Hel's realm a bit more..

A norse land would be great! But it would also fit into a Jules Verne Land, since you put some Jule's stuff in it

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Originally posted by Chad
No, I found some questions, but not flaws yet. :) But don't worry, I'm working hard to dig some up!!

Glad you actually are the same old Chad.

200ft drop? And it's a slow ascent? This building is going to be HUGE! The slight slope of the the ride track would mean it would have to be layed out over large distances...Just a note.

Chad, a 200 foot drop, about the same as Tower Of Terror's drop, give or take about 10 - 15 feet I believe. This is not a slow ascent. Sometimes it is slow, sometimes it is fast. Think Test Track as speeds. Slow through important sections (I.E.- Hel's Realm, etc.) and fast through exciting and turbulent sections (I.E.- The Land Of The Giants With The BIG Stomping Foot.). As said in the script Chad, sometimes the car ewould burst into the light and ascent like 15 - 20 - 30 feet spiral up onto the outside of the tree. Actually Chad, with the thing I mentioned above, the ride track shouldn't be all that long. Maybe like Indy or Test Tracks size but with a few addon's here and there making it slightly longer.

Please explain Hel's realm a bit more..

Helheim ("house of Hel") is one of the nine worlds of Norse mythology. It is ruled by Hel, the monstrous daughter of the trickster god Loki and his wife Angrboda.

This cold, dark and misty abode of the dead is located in the world of Niflheim, on the lowest level of the Norse universe. No one can ever leave this place, because of the impassable river Gjoll that flows from the spring Hvergelmir and encircles Helheim.

Once they enter Helheim, not even the gods can leave. Those who die of old age or disease, and those not killed in battle, go to Helheim while those who die bravely on the battlefield go to Valhalla. (I had to make an exception to this...;))

The entrance to Helheim is guarded by Garm, a monstrous hound, and Modgud. The giant Hraesvelg ("corpse eater") sits at the edge of the world, overlooking Helheim. In the form of an eagle with flapping wings he makes the wind blow. (Also, Garm was replaced by Fenrir, the apocalyptic dog for a better storyline and to fit in with the idea of why you are saving the world. And as for the giant, you never see him, but you feel him ;). Wind gusts.)

Will this do Chad?

A norse land would be great! But it would also fit into a Jules Verne Land, since you put some Jule's stuff in it

Actually, I only mentioned the Jules Verne type vechicles because it wouldn't make logical sense to be speeding in a sailboat. Right? Plus, the god of fire made them, so they had to look rusty, and kinda like junkyard crap because he is a trickster after all, right Chad?

Hope this clears this all up. Anything else to throw at me ;)? - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Also, Chad, I completely forget to ask so many times. You do realize that there are two Tower Of Terror type drops as your car has two possible scenarios. Right?

And another thing. If your car is seemed unfit, you plummet all the way to Helheim 200 feet. If fit, you plummet like a good 190 feet not 200, because when you travse the rainbow, you descended like 10 feet into the tree.

Lastly, the 200 foot drop would be in the middle of the tree. So in each world you would see a hole and a shaft, and every once in a while you will see a car drop. That will show you that you are going through the Nine Worlds as stated in the end. This also goes for the 190 foot drop, except it will have it's own drop shaft near the 200 foot one. I hope that makes sense.

|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 8
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 7
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 6
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 5
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 4
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 3
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 2
|***|*|****|*|**| Nine World 1
------------------------

There is just a simple illustration of my point above. The two drop shafts would intersect each of the worls and theother cars would weave around them, and everyonce in awhile witness another victim...err...rider go tto Helheim, but little do they know, they will be the ones to do soon enough ;). I hope that further clears up more stuff. - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Original Poster
WHAT?! Have I Officially Stumped Chad? Oh My Lord! I Guess So.

- The WeirdOne ;)

P.S.-Sorry Chad, I think I deserve credit this time. I've stumped you. Admit it. ;) ;).

Chad

I don't use the word 'Stumped' I just like to say that you've come up with a ride and script that is up to par. Good work, I truly am impressed. And I understood the ride system, but the little drawing thingie helped..

We gonna see some artwork, or what?

BTW, have you considered making it a boat ride? It would be neat to do a ToT plummet in a boat..Just a thought, not critisism.

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I thought about a boat ride Chad, but it wouldn't have worked for the other parts of the ride, so I droped that idea. Also, yo can do a lot more with an EMV.

Like I said somewhere in the SOJI board. See Chad, I do have talent, more than you think. As for art, don't push it, I'll see what I can do.

- The WeirdOne :D

Chad

I NEVER said you didn't have talent! I just complimented Imagineer, Just because you didn't get a compliment, doesn't mean I don't think You're talented...

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I NEVER said you didn't have talent! I just complimented Imagineer, Just because you didn't get a compliment, doesn't mean I don't think You're talented...

I NEVER said that you said that. I guess you misinterpreted my message. In no way did I imply that either. I'll let it go this time instead of fighting like last time. - The WeirdOne :D

Chad

--See Chad, I do have talent, more than you think. --

I'm not arguing with you, just replying to this statement. I've always thought you've had talent, I don't know why you'd think otherwise

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I was merely implying you hven't seen anything yet. You know, like, you'd never think I was this good. You know? - The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom