Nine Dragons??

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Looking over our ADRs, and we have added 5 or 6 new experiences for this upcoming trip. My son liked the menu for Nine Dragons and thought this would be a great place to try. In all of our trips, we never even gave it a thought (we try to do a new restaurant on our last night of vacation) I put it to you, my fellow wdwmagic foodies.. is this a good choice?

Texas84

Took a bunch of picky eaters and everyone loved it. We all ordered something different and shared. Service was great. We showed up early for our ADR and got right in. There are usually walk-up tables available.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It has been a little more than a year for us, but we were very impressed on our last visit. We had a great server that was able to go into great detail when asked.

About the only word of caution is it is not your typical Chinese takeout. It is a little more traditional Chinese food. There is not a drastic difference between the two, but it is worth noting if you have really picky eaters.

Sparkle81

It's been a few years since I last went, and I loved the food. I'm a big fan of Chinese food anyway (and I can be a bit of a fusspot about it being good quality), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only negative I found was that the service was rushed. It felt as if we were hurried through each course and they were pretty much being brought out on top of one another. As I said, this was a few years ago though so I imagine it won't be quite like that now ;)

Mukta

I have only eaten there 2 or 3 times, but it has always been adequate. It is a little pricey for what you get, but the service is decent, the portions are large and food quality is good.

Tuvalu

We had never tried Nine Dragons until last summer and we were very pleased! We had a lovely window table, a very friendly and attentive server (who did not rush us) and the food was delicious! It was like finding a hidden gem after all these years, lol.

EricJ

From the first solo trips with the Unofficial Guide back in the 00's, was always scared off by the fan legends of "Worst (comparatively) restaurant in WS",and "Not much better than you'd get in your local Chinese restaurant, at D-prices", and "Doesn't live up to the cultural-ambassador hype", so I never went--
But it's one of the last two Epcot restaurants I haven't tried (aside from Garden Grill), so I'm starting to be a little curious, thinking, well, it can't be that bad, can it? :hungry: All the horror stories were during the Pressler era, so they must have gotten a new chef makeover by now?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From the first solo trips with the Unofficial Guide back in the 00's, was always scared off by the fan legends of "Worst (comparatively) restaurant in WS",and "Not much better than you'd get in your local Chinese restaurant, at D-prices", and "Doesn't live up to the cultural-ambassador hype", so I never went--
But it's one of the last two Epcot restaurants I haven't tried (aside from Garden Grill), so I'm starting to be a little curious, thinking, well, it can't be that bad, can it? :hungry: All the horror stories were during the Pressler era, so they must have gotten a new chef makeover by now?
The place went through a full refurb (restaurant, chef, menu, etc) a few years ago and really stepped up the overall quality.

mlw119

We ate here about 2 years ago and it ended up being the only dinner that vacation that we were overly disappointed with. The food is decent, but it really isn't much better than anything you'd order at your local Chinese take out place. Except that you'll be paying Disney prices for it. Add in the fact that the tables are uncomfortably close together in the dining room (claustrophobic even by Disney standards), and it's a restaurant that we won't return to nor recommend to anyone else.

s&k'smom

We went to the QS portion of the country Lotus Blossom I think and my daughter loved it. Service was amazing, food very good quality. We will definitely be going to Nine Dragons on next visit.

DisneyJunkie

This had always been one of those kinds of places we'd pass up thinking "well we have good chinese food at home", so we'd never eaten there before. On our last visit, I deliberately picked Nine Dragons.......and we LOVED it. It will now be one of our go-to restaurants when eating at WDW. Not only was the food fantastic, but the service was great and very fast. We were in and out of there probably within an hour's time. The dining room is spacious and I really appreciate the fact that the tables are NOT close together so you feel like the next table over is right on top of you.

aladdin2007

It has greatly improved over the last few years and is easier to get into than most of the others. Its a little less expensive as well and food has really been good. My dad is in love with the five spice fish.
My only complaint is being seated right on top of other people, way too many tables crammed in and its not exactly the most comfortable since they did that.

Vader2112

Looking over our ADRs, and we have added 5 or 6 new experiences for this upcoming trip. My son liked the menu for Nine Dragons and thought this would be a great place to try. In all of our trips, we never even gave it a thought (we try to do a new restaurant on our last night of vacation) I put it to you, my fellow wdwmagic foodies.. is this a good choice?
Hi Deb as a former NYer who is picky about Chinese food. It was very good!

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
See, as some have said, we always did the "we can get Chinese food at home", mentality for years and years. A few people had suggested I try it for this upcoming trip. I am actually looking forward to it! We always pick a *new* restaurant for our last night's ADR and usually make it part of our rotation for the following year. Thanks all for your opinions, I appreciate you taking the time :)

shuflemstr

We went there this past December after not going for as long as I can remember. It was AMAZING. My mom said she would give up Rose and Crown to eat here again. If you go there ask if Weina (pronounced Veena) is working. She is the only server that I have ever sent a letter about. She was out of this world. She acted as if we were her only table. Our glasses never got half empty before she filled them up. She suggested two different appetizers for us to try and they were excellent. Mom had the fish and I had the special of the day which was sweet and sour chicken. I love chinese food but I'm the kind that is scared to try something new, so i stick to what I know. We will definitely be back.

Bairstow

We went to the QS portion of the country Lotus Blossom I think and my daughter loved it. Service was amazing, food very good quality. We will definitely be going to Nine Dragons on next visit.

My experience has been contrary. I got the shrimp friend rice at Lotus Blossom last September and excluding hamburgers it was the worst food I've ever had on property.
It really disappointed me because I loved the place as a kid. In fact, I think 1980s Lotus Blossom would have been the first place I ever tried Chinese food.

Never been to Nine Dragons, though. I'm kind of interested in trying their Zhajiangmian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom