Nine Dragons Reopens

SirGoofy

Yeah, and it looks like the prices went up, while the portions size went down! I will never understand why people rave about a restaurant being "modern" and "contemporary" just because you can see more of the plate than the food. I loved going to Nine Dragons and getting the dinner for 2 and we always had way more food than we could eat!

If I got a plate with a lump of noodles and four shrimp for almost $20, I'd be walking out.

Agreed. After seeing those pictures, I doubt I will be going back. You used to get a lot of food.

Spyne

Oh, Nine Dragons Restaurant opened back up on the 24th? I must have missed it, because I was in Epcot on the night of the 24th. I just didn't recognize it I guess, because previous visits to Epcot during the trip, it was still closed. But in any case, good to see it open way ahead of schedule.

PhilharMagician

There are Chinese restaurants all around us here at home so when we go to WDW we really don't need to have an overprices Chinese meal. We went there for lunch once and the food was no differant than a local Chinese restaurant and they only have a few selections choose from.

Goofnut1980

I think the portions in the pictures are for lunch portions... which are always smaller.. cause they cost a lot less... but if thats the dinner portion.. holy moly... i will have to order 2... Im not a big eater but there is like 3 pieces of chicken on that plate... LOL :ROFLOL:

durangojim

We were in EPCOT last week and I noticed that the retaurant had opened as well. Never ate there before but it looks very PF Changified now. Not sure if that's a bad or good thing.

RedGear

note to self. . . don't eat there because I HATE PF chang's. That bums me out, I wanted to eat at every world showcase resturant, that idea just went out the window. :mad:

Main Street USA

I've eaten there several times in the past, and yeah....what exactly did they change? I see very small stuff here and there, but the overall look and flow of the place is exactly the same. As said above, they must've severely cut the budget half way through the refurb.

rsoxguy

There are Chinese restaurants all around us here at home so when we go to WDW we really don't need to have an overprices Chinese meal. We went there for lunch once and the food was no differant than a local Chinese restaurant and they only have a few selections choose from.
You took the words right out of my mouth. The photos show no significant aesthetic changes, which makes me think the closing was due to a delay at the print shop in charge of the new menus:). EPCOT has far better places to eat than this for the money.

Foolish1

Every year I go to WDW I like to try Nine Dragons. It seems like very year they dumbed down the menu one way or another. Years ago they had much better selections on the menu. Over time they crept toward mall variety Chinese selections.

But one thing I have to say, with one exception, they have the hands down best Hot & Sour Soup I have ever had. I say with one exception, being that I have trouble digesting cilantro, and they have it cooked in.

With that in mind, does anyone know if their H&S soup still has cilantro in it now that they have refurbed/rehabbed the restaurant? (I have my fingers crossed they somehow forgot to include it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom