Votes: 52 38.0%
  • Wishes, Fantasmic!, IllumiNations

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Wishes, IllumiNations, Fantasmic!

Votes: 26 19.0%

• Total voters

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
This past weekend re-confirmed my ranking of the World's 3 nighttime spectacles, so I thought I'd see how other people weigh in on the topic.

For me, RoE is hands-down the best. It has a pragmatic optimism that really grabs me. I like the music, and everything about the show seems to fit together well. After that, I take F! over Wishes. It takes a similar theme and embellishes on it in more detail. As much as I know a lot of people love Wishes, I just can't see it as more than fireworks with a soundtrack.

But enough of me...what say you?

speck76

Wilt Dasney said:
This past weekend re-confirmed my ranking of the World's 3 nighttime spectacles, so I thought I'd see how other people weigh in on the topic.

For me, RoE is hands-down the best. It has a pragmatic optimism that really grabs me. I like the music, and everything about the show seems to fit together well. After that, I take F! over Wishes. It takes a similar theme and embellishes on it in more detail. As much as I know a lot of people love Wishes, I just can't see it as more than fireworks with a soundtrack.

But enough of me...what say you?
It was always Illuminations for me (in its various forms) until Wishes came to be.....but in the last few months, Illuminations is back at number 1, while Wishes is a close second.....Fantasmic is a distant 3rd (Sorcery in the Sky would be in front of Fantasmic)

BeachClubVillas

This is so hard!! I don't dislike any of them. Fantasmic is my favorite, so I had to put that one first. Wishes and Illuminations is a tough call though...

Teenchy

I grew up watching the Wonderful World of Disney on TV so that Icon of the Castle with fireworks and tinker bell flying past makes Wishes #1 for me. Really takes you back to that Childhood feeling.:rolleyes:

DisneyWales

Well Id say

If im allowed id have to say Spectromagic......

Its recently become my favourite part of all WDW..

Otherwise id say;

Illuminations, the atmosphere and backdrop that wins out here.

Then Fantasmic, i love the finally i get chills everytime...

And then wishes, but i think ive seen this too much latley and over done it a bit, maybe a nice break will do mw some good..

hcswingfield

I vote for Fantasmic because it's the only one with some semblance of crowd control. I've never been stepped on or shoved during or after Fantasmic, and I've never had a problem looking for a good place to sit.

col

i voted wishes,fantasmic, illuminations. if there was another option with just wishes and fantasmic in it i would of voted for that no illuminations.

for me Wishes and Fantasmic are tied because they have exellent music. Illuminations is a nic show but doesn't have the 'wow' factor that the other two do.

surfsupdon

I enjoy all of the nighttime shows EXCEPT Fantasmic! Fantasmic was a terribly slow and boring show that relies entirely too much on the gimmick of water acting as a movie screen. I really cannot think of a positive from the one time I saw Fantasmic. And I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't hide my true opinions. But at least Disney has something for everyone, b/c I know there are die hard fans out there.:wave:

Illuminations, Wishes, Fantasy, Sorcery,........, Fantasmic

DDuckFan130

I haven't seen Illuminations in a loooong time but I'll be seeing it in May. After that I'll be able to rank the shows better. But I'm sure Fantasmic will continue to be #1. It has great music and I just truly enjoy the show...regardless of what anyone says :p

I really liked Wishes also, but I can see Illuminations out-shining it :lol:

Connor002

Wishes didn't make much impression on me at all, Illuminations, on the other hand, still invokes fond memories. Fantasmic, I happen to enjoy very much.

Connor002

surfsupdon said:
Fantasmic was a terribly slow and boring show

To be truthful, it has been quite a long time since I've last seen the show, but I do not remember any parts that were "slow," or "boring," for that matter.

HunnyPot

Wishes is my favorite, by far. I love the soundtrack for it and just seeing the fireworks over the castle is so spectacular. I get teary eyed watching it! It was hard for me to choose between Fantasmic! and Illuminations, but I voted Fanstasmic! after wishes because I love the Steam Boat Willie at the end!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Good poll question because its so tough. All 3 night time shows are fantastic. I went with Illuminations in number 1, but after much deliberation because location really influences your perspective of that show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom