Nightlife?

linkinxcom

Original Poster
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster! My girl friend and I are heading down to Disney in early October for our first time without parents. We both turn 21 in late September as well as our 3 year anniversary.

We are both not big partyers however, since we will be on vacation and now 21 we didn't want to get out and have some fun at night.

Hearing that Disney closed down there night clubs has us a little bummed.. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on any fun nightlife in the area?

Are we going to need to pay a taxi to take us somewhere off Disney? Any ideas on where or how much that would be?

Thanks for any help!

texanspivey

I hear that Citywalk is pretty cool, especially with Margaritaville there. I plan on doing the same while I'm down in December. Party on!

texanspivey

Not really sure, I think from the Downtown Disney area it's like 15 minutes. Probably won't be cheap but well worth it. Besides heading out to downtown Orlando, it's the best bet for partying I would think.

NiarrNDisney

Here is my revised list of Nightlife locals and Lounges around WDW:

1. Atlantic Dance Hall (Boardwalk) DJ's & Dancing
2. Jellyrolls (" ") Piano Bar
3. Big River Brewing Works (" ") Brew Pub
4. ESPN Zone (" ") Sports Bar
5. Todd English's Bluezoo Lounge (Dolphin) Upscale Lounge
6. Kimonos Lounge (Swan) Sushi & Karaoke
7. RIX Lounge (Coronado Springs) Martini Lounge & Club
8. Fuego (Pleasure Island) Cigar Bar
9. Raglan Road (" ") Irish Pub Live Music
10. Paradiso (" ") Tequila Bar
11. House of Blues (Westside) Live Music
12. Bongo's (" ") Music, and Dancing

There are also Lounges and bars in all the Resorts. I have my favorites!
Here is a small list:

1. Outer Rim (Contemporary)
2. Tambu Lounge (Polynesian)
3. Evergreens Sports Bar n Grille (Shades of Green)
4. Territory Lounge (Wilderness Lodge)
5. Bellvue Room (Boardwalk)
6. Laguna Bar (Coronado Springs)
7. Victoria Falls (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Have Fun Happy 21! :sohappy:

agent86

Here is a small list:

The only problem with this list is that it's limited just to locations on WDW property, and some of the locations you've listed are a bit of a stretch in terms of calling it "nightlife".

OP, as others have pointed out, CityWalk is absolutely worth going to. There is something there for every level of "partying" and for every taste.

chwilson88

Here is a small list:

To help narrow my favorites off of this list for the OP, I'd say try Jellyrolls, ESPN zone, and Outer Rim for Disney property places...then maybe citywalk as others had suggested. Back in the old days I used to go to downtown orlando, placed like "Cairo" and other clubs, but the scene I think has gone a bit downhill as of late, and may not be so enjoyable anymore. Cairo may not even be there anymore, but it used to be a huge hookup fest in there, crazy what the ladies were doing....but anyways.

EvilQueen-T

the nice part about choosing one of disney's night spots/bars/club-like venues is that all you have to do is hit a disney bus and not worry about getting back to where you need to. we did a concert and hit the bar area at downtown disneys house of blues (the schedule for their events on the house of blues website). if you do it do the vip seating upstairs, it's about only a little more but WELL worth it... you have a seated area, bar access, waitress etc... instead of a standing room only pit area downstairs. we saw seather and no address and the acoustics were fabulous.

worldfanatic

the nice part about choosing one of disney's night spots/bars/club-like venues is that all you have to do is hit a disney bus and not worry about getting back to where you need to.

Exactly, on property is much more convenient. And even if you're out past the bus times, taxi rides within WDW are cheap.

I personally love the Boardwalk area.
Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, ESPN Club, Kimonos, Bluezoo, the other resort lounges, plus the Boardwalk itself. Lots of fun with a 10 minute walk.

Sure if you're looking for a Vegas like nightclub, you're out of luck within the World.
But if that's the case, why come to WDW............go to Vegas!!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have 3 Recommondations. BTW I am 26, my fiance 25 and we have been coming to the world yearly for the 8 years we have been together.

1. City Walk, it is awesome, but since you are staying on property it is just not worth it. The cost of a taxi is expensive, and just a pain.

2. Jellyrolls; This place is a TON of fun, I think it is a must do, can't miss type of place. If you don't go anywhere else, go here.

3. Raglan Road; This place is also awesome. The live music is wonderful, the beer selection is great, the irish dancer is so cool. Another must do for us.

It's terrible what has happened to PI, but JellyRolls and Raglan Road are really a huge amount of fun.

DizneyPryncess

Jellyrolls is fun! My husband and I are 27 and 28. We've been going to Disney together since we were teenagers. Our last trip was our first time at Jellyrolls and we really liked it. The whole Boardwalk area is great. We also had fun at the Ohana bar at the Polynesian. It's not a big "night life" place, but for frozen drinks it's the best. :)

We also do like City Walk. We only go when we drive and have a car though because we never want to go off property without one. It cost us $15 to take a cab from Boardwalk to Magic Kingdom so I imagine a cab all the way to Universal would be a bit more.

NMBC1993

Disney does not like your kind of seedy people.
You adult party types:fork:

:lol: Exactly, that’s why they had to close all the clubs and build a family friendly tequila bar. Yeah as far as right now Disney and nightlife are two words that don't go together. Your best bet is going to Citywalk for your nighttime fun. I had my 21st birthday at PI and I had a blast, I can't say the same for my birthday at Disney this year. Oh well with PI being closed, I actually saved up enough money to buy a PS3, now I just make Kungaloosh drinks at home and play Bioshock...so yeah, thanks Disney:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom