Night Kingdom... Here we go again

Legacy

I heard a rumor also (podcast), that mentioned that food and drink would be included for the price.

A meal is included at Discovery Cove, so this doesn't surprise me.

As far as the, "How can Disney force people to do this" question... it's simple. Put a tunnel through the mountain and say, "You can go over or through. Your choice."

Boray

For the rumored price, I would expect a meal to be included!!!

Hi Fievel - fellow Badger here!!!! :wave: (Graduated 1994 - Go Badgers!!!)

Grim Grinner

Would anyone like to see this whole exclusive nightly event be transformed into some kind of "Lost" experience? Following clues, finding the hatch... that sort of thing?

if this has already been theorized, I apologize.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
LOST? -- naaa...
It's gotten way WAY to violent for me. We quit watching it after they beat up person after person after person. I mean, some of that is OK, but every episode? Come on :cry:

Plus - catch my previous post in page 6 of the thread...:wave:

scottnj1966

Great point the article doesnt say. maybe they will bring back the old skyway to tommorrow land... they brought back the subs to disneyland didnt they.

Well Disneyland never removed the actual sub ride area. So it was easy to reopen.

Hard to reopen the skyway since all the concrete cable ways are gone.

Krack

I think they need to start calling this park by a new name:

disneysmoneypit.jpg

DCA 2.0 or Disney's Waste of Money Adventure would work, too.

Legacy

I think they need to start calling this park by a new name:

DCA 2.0 or Disney's Waste of Money Adventure would work, too.
I think the problem is that most people seem to be comparing Night Kingdom to traditional theme parks, when it can't be. The only thing the concept can be compared to is Discovery Cove at Seaworld, one of the most unique experiences I have ever had. It FEELS like a luxary resort on a tropical beach. A limited audience allows a great deal of spacing between guests, which atributes to the uniqueness of it.

And yes, Discovery Cove is worth every penny of going.

The same concept with an African Adventure theme over a Tropical Paradise theme could easily work at Disney. Since you can't really "swim" in Africa (unless you want to get eaten by a hippo), Disney needs other activities to fill the void that Discovery Cove has with swimming.

Rock climbing, Safari rides, zip-lines, rapids are those types of things.

(Mentioning rapids creates a unique idea... how about building some Class 1 or 2 rapids around the park to go rafting in Florida).

The potential for a huge success is definitely there, but it's something completely different from what I think most people here are expecting.

Laura

Premium Member
The park should be based off the island on LOST. That would be awesome.

The more rumors I hear about this...the more I like it. Lets hope its more than just rumors. :D

I sometimes prefer not to be killed by evil scientists and black smoke creatures. :lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the problem is that most people seem to be comparing Night Kingdom to traditional theme parks, when it can't be. The only thing the concept can be compared to is Discovery Cove at Seaworld, one of the most unique experiences I have ever had. It FEELS like a luxary resort on a tropical beach. A limited audience allows a great deal of spacing between guests, which atributes to the uniqueness of it.

And yes, Discovery Cove is worth every penny of going.

The same concept with an African Adventure theme over a Tropical Paradise theme could easily work at Disney. Since you can't really "swim" in Africa (unless you want to get eaten by a hippo), Disney needs other activities to fill the void that Discovery Cove has with swimming.

Rock climbing, Safari rides, zip-lines, rapids are those types of things.

(Mentioning rapids creates a unique idea... how about building some Class 1 or 2 rapids around the park to go rafting in Florida).

The potential for a huge success is definitely there, but it's something completely different from what I think most people here are expecting.

I agree, plus they only need to get about 1% of their annual guests to be successful at it

cooleo

Well, if that's the case then it's a moot point for me. I can't justify that kind of money for just a day at a theme park. Hope those who can, enjoy themselves...

Count me out as well!!!

I heard a rumor also (podcast), that mentioned that food and drink would be included for the price.

Still can't justify spending that much per person for 1 night.:eek:

RSoxNo1

This seems to have legit legs, I'm just not sure of what capacity it will be created. Much of what we've heard from Jim Hill sounds similar enough to the Expedition Everest challenge.

Hammer1310

I'm glad there are people here to pass along info from Screamscape. I can't stomach more than a few minutes of their pop-up ads. I just quit going to the site altogether and I have a decent pop-up blocker.

As for NK I hope it's disinformation. The concept the op posted might not be so bad if it's just a small sample of what's available, but nothing i've read so far would make me want to book a trip around it (as it sounds, you would pretty much have to).

First of all I think sounds like a great concept that would be very fun.

I honestly cant see it being a -main- theme park, but I see it as more of a Richard Petty Driving Experience sort of attraction.

As far as all the nay-sayers who say there isn't any interest for something like the Night Kingdom etc etc....'scuse my english but IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Unless one of you are doing the actual market research for WDW you should probably bite your tongues. Maybe it wont have a popular following...maybe it will, but in the meantime get over yourselves.

On top of this I know one thing to be true...everyone here is a Disney fan. Id practically call us all fanbois.

So I ask you this; What has Disney done that you DONT like? And why should this "Night Kingdom" that we know very little about (it may be total BS for all we know) be the first thing that you dont like???

I think theres too much hating going on with very little facts or principal to base it.

This is WDW...EVERYTHING there is cool.

My feelings exactly...are there things I don't like as much as others? Of course...but as a whole, everything at WDW is cool, and for the most part you can't get that immersive, away-from-reality experience ANYWHERE else...

Now, if I could just afford to leave reality full-time... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom