Night Kingdom... Here we go again

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
Freakin... Screamscape. Seriously??? I have no desire to to ever go to this rumored park. I bust my tail to walk a million miles everyday at WDW as it is why would i want to climb a mountain just to get attacked by live animals for 300 bucks?

Maybe we will get that rumored monorail expansion? :lookaroun

2012 - Disney’s Night Kingdom - In Development - (4/25/08) Today I have to officially change my stance on the whole Disney’s Night Kingdom park concept. New information has come to my attention proving that the concept is indeed in the works for Walt Disney World and shooting to open possibly in 2012. From what I’ve been told the history of the project comes from a desire by Disney to create their own version of a high-end Discovery Cove style mini-park experience mixed with an original proposal for a major overhaul and expansion to the existing Adventure’s Club at Pleasure Island.
From the sound of things basic funding has been approved to proceed on with the design of this small but expensive project, but it’s not without some serious design challenges and still isn’t exactly the experience that Jim Hill had previously described. The big attraction and icon of the park, right now, appears to be a large central Disney-made mountain structure where guests will be forced to ‘rock climb’ to the top, take zip lines down again and explore a serious network of caves. The goal is for this to be a very interactive game based adventure experience, with both mental and physical challenges. The tricky part of the design process they’re said to be in now involves balancing it all out so that it doesn’t become so physically difficult that guests will become too pooped or intimidated to play while at the same time, they have to be sure they aren’t catering to the bottom end and make it all far too easy and boring for everyone else.
As for the game aspect, it seems that the test run of that Kim Possible Communicator game at Epcot a year or so ago was just a large scale concept test for the Night Kingdom game concept. The idea is to equip every guest with their own communicator unit that will guide them from place to place, push them in the right direction when they get stuck, and be used to help solve the various games, puzzles and adventure challenges. Your communicator will also serve as a way for the park to identify you individually as a player and customize your interactions with the various game stations and animatronics. Fuzzy robots wont be the only things you interact with however, as there seems to be a plan in place to develop a number of encounters with live animals as well.

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
Great point the article doesnt say. maybe they will bring back the old skyway to tommorrow land... they brought back the subs to disneyland didnt they.

Sherrybaby

I liked the idea of the park and the sort of "mystery game" sounds fun.

But if I have to rock climb anything you can forget it. Been there, done that and NOT going back.

I think the rock climbing (if required to participate) is going to lessen their already small pool of people who will pay the money to go to this park. I'm seeing the demographic as being more middle-aged people who have the money to go. And I'm willing to bet that a lot of them (due to age, weight, physical issues, etc) are not going to be happy about rock climbing.

I really wonder how accurate this is. I don't know a lot of people really jazzed about rock climbing. I would have to assume Disney would realize that people would not come just for that reason alone.

Sherry

TP2000

The more information that comes out about this park the less interesting it becomes.

In fact, with this additional information from Screamscape I have to wonder if either they put something funny in the air conditioning at WDI, or a prankster Imagineer is having an elaborate joke on the Internet fan community.

It's just all so wacky sounding, and such an uninteresting concept to build an entire park around. :hammer:

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
agreed. i wonder what other outragous ideas are thought of about this place. i cant believe that they would do this... why would anyone want to pay money for this, at least our european friends are getting deal with the value of the dollar the way it is... AHHHH now it makes sense.:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

What in the world is this? :confused:

No, this is just ridiculous. Every aspect, from the rock climbing to the zip lines to the mental challenges - the thought that this idea could become reality is complete nonsense. :hammer:

I may be eating my words later, but from the info in this article, the thought that Disney would even think about constructing a park like this is rubbish.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I think this is a prank and that none of this is true.

hemloc

I dunno, call me crazy(Like everyone else does), but this sounds like a cool concept. A lot of people like 'adventure travel'(Including myself), so this might actually work. Almost like a micro Eco-Challenge with a Disney twist... I'd pay that much to punish myself, hehe....

hpyhnt 1000

I dunno, call me crazy(Like everyone else does), but this sounds like a cool concept. A lot of people like 'adventure travel'(Including myself), so this might actually work. Almost like a micro Eco-Challenge with a Disney twist... I'd pay that much to punish myself, hehe....

hemloc, you're crazy. :lookaroun
Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I don't know if anyone remembers a small game/reality show on ABC a few years back called....

"The Mole"....:veryconfu Anyone? Anyone?

Sounds like a large scale version of that!?

For $300 or more...no thanks:hammer:

DisneyAnole

I think Night Kingdom will work, but only if they have Disney characters in the park. No one could resist "Brer Rabbit's Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Line"! Or "Wall-E's Mental Challenge!" And "Find Your Way Out of Monstro" (basically just having to find the exit in a dark flooded room that stinks)!

Can't wait!

Yeti11

One of the good things about going to Disney is that you get to spend time with your family that you don't get to do at home. I'm pretty sure my mom and dad would not go to this park haha.:lol: Or maybe that's a good thing . . . :ROFLOL:

miles1

Will ECV's be available? :lookaroun

Good point. How do they propose to make this thing handicapped friendly, or even ADA compliant?

I have to agree that it sounds like a prank, or at least something that never made it far in the imagineering process.

Captain Hank

I actually think this is a more interesting idea than the Jim Hill version. A little less plausable (how on earth could that be ADA compliant?), but a little more interesting and unique.

kingdaniel97

I'd love to do this, I'm a scrawny 15 year old and quite clearly this would have an age limit on the doors I'd say maybe 16-29. The normal healthy ages. You'd also probobly need to have no serious health problems, kids with asthma wouldn't be let in and it'd attract alot more thrill seekers to disney.

Sherrybaby

I'd love to do this, I'm a scrawny 15 year old and quite clearly this would have an age limit on the doors I'd say maybe 16-29. The normal healthy ages. You'd also probobly need to have no serious health problems, kids with asthma wouldn't be let in and it'd attract alot more thrill seekers to disney.

This is a discrimatory comment. I hope as you get older you get wiser and stop putting down people who are older or who have medical problems and trying to exclude them.

Disney is not going to ask for a doctor's certificate before entering the park. You think they want a million lawsuits?

And by the way--many, many people over the age of 29 are healthy. Probably healthier than you are when we go to the gym 5 times a week.

imagineer boy

For the most part, I think this is a load of BS coming from Screamscape and all.

But if its real, then its a TERRIBLE idea. Who on earth would want to go there? Besides, there's many other things Disney could be spending its money on rather than building this abortion of an idea for a park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom