NHS's Class of 2005 Grad Nite Trip

MicBat

How exciting! Grad Nite was definitely one of the best experiences of my high school days. Things seem to be done so much more elaborately now than when I went 3 years ago. Then again, Northshore always did a lot more on the Grad Nite trip than did Slidell. Do you have a complete list of performers yet? I know of Ryan Cabrera and Ciara. I didn't watch any of the performers. They weren't really anyone worth seeing anyway.

TiggersPooh

Sounds like you will have a GREAT night! The Temp stage in Tomorrowland is in place for Grad Night!

If you remember look for me...im working that Friday of Grad Night till 3 am (or later) and Saturday till 5am...Im in the Buzz Complex (all the rides of tomorrowland EXCEPT Space Mountain and Indy Speedway)

djmatthews

Wow, it was August 2004 when I replied to this post last, how the time has flown.

Hope you have a great time, make sure you take lots of photos and provide us with a trip report.

Graduation isn't a big thing here in the UK. When I left secondary school (aged 16) we had a School Prom... nothing to fancy or expensive, it's not called graduation.

In the UK graduation is something you do after finishing University. I'll be graduating on June 3rd this year, with my degree in business; however, I have to wait until November for the formal ceremony when I get to dress up.

P.S. It was a year ago today I was on my way to Orlando :(

My school in Jacksonville Florida is just going down for Grad Nite/Blast off Party and then back home. We leave the 23rd around 1:00pm and will arive in WDW around prolly 3 30 at the latest. We then explore Downtown Disney. Around 7 or 8 we go into Pleasure island. We then leave to go to Blast off party and then Grad nite. I cant wait to go. Hopefully SW will be open so i can ride for the first time since its been refurbished.

Have a great time. By the way. THE BEST CLASS ALIVE. CLASS OF 2005

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
Alright, here it is...drumroll please!
The official Northshore High School Grad Nite 2005 Itinerary:​

Wednesday, April 27
7:00 p.m. Meet at NHS to check luggage and load buses.
9:30 p.m. Depart for Florida

Thursday, April 28
Stop for breakfast in Gainesville. Meal provided at Shoney's
10:30 a.m. Arrive at Blizzard Beach. Meal coupon for lunch included.
5:30 p.m. Depart Blizzard Beach and check into hotel.
8:45 p.m. Depart for Hoop Dee Doo Revue
11:30 p.m. Return to hotel

Friday, April 29
9:00 a.m. Wake up call. The hotel has a continental breakfast from
6:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. if you wish to eat breakfast.
10:00 a.m. Load buses and depart for Disney-MGM Studios. Meal coupon
for lunch included.
4:00 p.m. Depart Disney-MGM Studios for hotel to get ready for the
Magic Kingdom Blast Off Party and Grad Nite 2005.
(Dress code enforced by Disney for these events.)
6:30 p.m. Depart hotel for Magic Kingdom Blast Off Party. You will
recieve a meal coupon. Grad Nite begins at 10:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 30
3:00 a.m. Depart Grad Nite for hotel.
11:00 a.m. Wake up call
12:00 p.m. Check out of hotel, load buses, and depart for Epcot.
Meal coupon for lunch and dinner included.
9:00 p.m. Depart Epcot and head for Slidell.

Sunday, May 1
7:00-9:00 a.m. Arrive at NHS

We are traveling to Florida on Hotard buses and staying at Fairfield Inn, 8623 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, Florida 82831.

pluto77

I'm jealous, you are so lucky. I was a CP last year for gradNITE (and yes I worked 3rd shift 3 out of the 4 nights, at Casey's Corner which is the last thing to close :) haha) and I was so jealous, I wish our high school did that. Ofcourse I live in MI so I guess it'd be hard, I did get to go to disney world with my marching band, but I thought it'd would be fun to play in the MK all night. I remember Simple Plan was there so we got to hear them all night (and we may have sort of snuck out a couple times to see them :lookaroun ) Anyway, Have fun.

packwingfn

Grad Nite '03 was great for me because I was like a TOUR GUIDE!. For most of the trip, I hung out with my friend Ian and my girlfriend for the weekend, Ashley who both have never been to Disney World. So I took them on all the rides and backstories and histories of each ride since Grad Nite was my 8th trip to Disney World. Then the actual grad nite, when I was leading a pack of 12 people, people were asking me the quickest way to get from Splash Mountain to Tomorrowland, I knew the better route, the good pathways etc. Also good spots to catch the fireworks. Man that was the BEST weekend of my high school tenure. I could on and tell more if anyone cares, I still have the trip report on my livejournal haha

RedGear

So you are one of those people who ruined my chance to see the fireworks from the Contempory at Califorina grill on Friday! (I'm just kidding!) :lol:

It sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun on your trip. I wish my high school had done something like that, but they didn;t. Have fun on your trip and don't party too hard! I'll see you there!! (well maybe not but I will be there the same time you are!) :wave:

diddy_mouse

hope you have a great time! its always nice to end your senior year having a kick a$$ time with your friends. for my high school we had "Beach Week" just about everyone picked a beach (VA Beach, Ocean City, Outer Banks) i actually headed down to WDW the month after i graduated...July (hot and humid) but the Millenium Celebration (very very cool). i went with my best friend and it was so much fun!

congrats on graduation and have fun! :wave:

jasonk

As a fulltime firefighter, I'll buy the one about the frisbee hitting the sprinkler and setting it off. that may be possible. But the part about the rest of the sprinklers going off...it does not work like that. unless each sprinkler head was physically damaged, they would not just go off because one of them went off. there would actually have to be a a big fire. what you see in the movies where the guy holds a lighter under one sprinkler and they all go off is just that, the movies. in real life it doesn't work like that. Sorry.
STR8FAN2005 said:
Offsite :mad: Unfortunately, a couple of years when we were allowed to stay on property some idiots decided that playing frisbee inside the hallways of the resort was a good idea......WRONG!!!!! The frisbee hit a sprinkler and set it off. Then the rest of the sprinklers went off on that floor and ruined everything. So, ever since that incident Disney has banned Northshore High School from staying on property :fork:

I turned in my $456.00!!! I'm going!!!! :sohappy:

ptfire228

I went to Grad Nite last week (April 23) and it was alot of fun! Heep Dee Doo Review is is cheesy that it is funny!

Also I went to Northshore High my freshman year! It is weird to see someone on this site from their.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom