Nhl Playoffs!

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Oh I LOVE the leafs don't get me wrong. My favorite goalie is Trevor Kidd. Its just a matter of time before the leafs make that final trade or signing that puts them over the top and in the top 3 spots in the East. I see this happening next year. One more solid Forward away from becoming a VERY serious contender.

spagofreep

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
The cold must be getting to your head. When was the last time Colorado beat up the Wings? Last time they played it was 7-2, last year in the play-offs, its was what 7-0 in game 7? The Ducks are actually not playing that solid of a game, lots of mistakes in their defensive zone. JS Guigere wheres illegal equipment, but seeing as how the wings aren't like that, it won't come up as an issue. As for the Wild, I am actually rooting for them to beat the Avs....I figured someone from the so called " hockey state" would know a little more about the sport. Guess I was wrong.:hammer:

I have forgotten more about hockey then you will ever know. Guigere wears illegal equipment? So what if his pads maybe an inch or two big, He is doing something Joseph cant, Stealing playoff games. I hear a big collective choke comming out of Michigan. Remember champions dont make excuses (equipment) they go and take care of buisness.

:fork:

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
I'm not making excuses. Its painfully obvious he is wearing oversized equipment. Let me ask you something...Are you a goalie, have you been playing goal since you were 6? Would you know how much an advantage oversived gear can have? Have you see his chest protector? It eliminates rebounds, as well as his leg pads. Listen here bud, when you play the position and know the effects it can have, we'll talk. Untill then, read the dictionary. Its "coming" not comming.

spagofreep

In all honesty I have been playing golie since I was six, it was and is the only position I have played and my best year I had eight shut outs in 25 games, so I do know what Im talking about. I also was a golie coach for the High School. Anyway yes big pads can help however with all the fire power that the Wings have it shouldnt. The Ducks are into thier heads now. They dont have the confidance anymore and are pressing too hard, it happens. But the pads Guigers pads ARE NOT the reason the Ducks are beating the Wings to me it looks like they want it more.
Oh and I have thought of a few more teams I hate more the Detroit and they are all in the state of New York all three of em.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
You are a boston fan? I take it you blocked that memory out??? The goalie who was good, but was always injured...he was a Brown Bear too ya know lol

(Psst...it was a joke)

Ya notice how he's the only player I called out :lol:

BRING ON THE P.J. STOCK WRECKING CREW!!!!

dizneyfreak

Last Night, the Wings got some bad breaks hitting the post multiple times, but I've got to hand it to the Ducks and JS Guigere for coming out and playing their style of hockey for 3 periods. Now with the Wings with their backs to the wall, will the veterans on that team finally step up? If the Wings really want to repeat Hull, Lidstrom, Fedorov, and Yzerman all need to step up BIG time.

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Only twice has a team come down from 3-0. The way I see it, the Ducks want it more. I am a huge wings fan, but they are playing way to lax.

Philly and Leafs- Shaping up to be a fine series, I am def. enjoying this.

Avs and Wild - Looks like Colorado is starting to pull away, its a shame but eh.

As for spago, thats great. 8 in 25 games? What were your stats, GAA and SV%?

Bagheera

Speaking as a fan of one of those teams that came back from 3-0 (and nearly did it twice in succession), GO ISLES!!!!

OK, so the team is nowhere near as good as we had in the glory days 20 or so years ago, but I have to root for them. I've been rooting for them ever since I listened to the 1972 expansion draft on the radio. (No kidding!) If you can't tell, I'm one of the thousands of transplanted Long Islanders living in the Capital District.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Bagheera
OK, so the team is nowhere near as good as we had in the glory days 20 or so years ago, but I have to root for them. I've been rooting for them ever since I listened to the 1972 expansion draft on the radio. (
Ah, the mark of a true fan. Nothing like suffering through the bad times and whooping it up in the good. Nice to see you're not a fair-weather fan like many other people (not a dig at anyone here).

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Originally posted by sandjhooker
Ah, the mark of a true fan. Nothing like suffering through the bad times and whooping it up in the good. Nice to see you're not a fair-weather fan like many other people (not a dig at anyone here).

A lot of wings fans, mainly of the female persuasion are like that. When it started to be the thing to be in Detroit to be a wings fan, thats when I started to be a little less vocal about my love for the team. I didn't want to be part of the IN crowd..lol

FutureCEO

Bruins
They should play the final games like last nights and then we'll be going somewhere. We can still win though. don't ask how but we can. Red Wings are falling on their to the Ducks. quack, quack.

Sally_doll

I am so excited for the leaf game tonight! Mogilny is out so it is going to be interesting.
ArchiDanDisney since you seem to know the leafs do you have any news on why Corson left?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by FutureCEO
Bruins
They should play the final games like last nights and then we'll be going somewhere. We can still win though. don't ask how but we can. Red Wings are falling on their to the Ducks. quack, quack.

Ummm...well, this is how...

They go down to Jersey to play...and if they can take that game...we'll be in good shape because then they come back to the Gar....Fleet Center and that's a home game so they should win that one..then it's tied up...one more win left :)

(So what exactly did I say...they just have to win the next 3 games)

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sally_doll
I am so excited for the leaf game tonight! Mogilny is out so it is going to be interesting.
ArchiDanDisney since you seem to know the leafs do you have any news on why Corson left?

Shayne Corson left for a market of reasons. Mainly he has been sick or injured for a good portion of the season. Playing only 30 some odd games, only tallied around 20 points, by far his worst showing. After this, and his healthy scratch for game 3, i guess he just decided it was time to hang up the skates. He is getting up there in age hockey wise...still a shame to see him leave.

Bagheera

Originally posted by sandjhooker

If I can suffer through the 12-60-6 1972-73 Islanders, crapping out in the first round of the playoffs to the President's Trophy-winning team is something I can easily handle. I saw the Isles through the dark days and the glory days, as well as the Mets and Jets. I don't know why I go for the "less-popular" NY teams, I guess I just grew up with them. (And sometimes I really feel like I'm growing REALLY, REALLY OLD, REALLY REALLY QUICK with them.) :( :lol: :hammer:

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
I would pick the Isle over the rangers ANY day....No doubt about it. Sens are a most formidable opponent. Try being a detroit fan, and watching them lose to JS Guigere.

SpongeScott

WOOHOO!! The Lightning did it! I've been waiting 11 years for this franchise to do something and it's finally happened. Bring on the Devils!

spagofreep

OH MY GOD!!!!! I can't belive the Wild did it. I am speechless, Bring on the Canucks. I dont think im sleepint tonight.

I NEVER thought they would or could be Colorado, OH MY GOD!!!

wizard12

Originally posted by spagofreep
OH MY GOD!!!!! I can't belive the Wild did it. I am speechless, Bring on the Canucks. I dont think im sleepint tonight.

I NEVER thought they would or could be Colorado, OH MY GOD!!!

Bring it on! Canucks coming off 3 straight big wins and playing the best hockey for the past month. What a game! Come on Minny, bring it! We're ready!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom