NFL 2020-21 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
No telling what will happen with Watson, but I don’t get the comparison of Stafford and Watson.
If it would have been just Stafford in the trade, how many picks would it have been? Certainly not 2 First Rounders + Third Rounder; much of the weight was to get Detroit to take on Goff’s contract
That was one of my first takeaways when I saw the news. That's not what Stafford costs. That's what it costs to get rid of Goff's contract.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Apparently the Raiders are looking to trade Derek Carr as well, and are linked to a potential trade with the Texans for Watson. Matt Ryan's name is also being tossed around for being traded. What in the world is going on?

PUSH

Original Poster
Apparently the Raiders are looking to trade Derek Carr as well, and are linked to a potential trade with the Texans for Watson. Matt Ryan's name is also being tossed around for being traded. What in the world is going on?
I read that Matt Ryan will not be traded, even though there was initial speculation that he would be.

Also, people love to speculate on big names being traded, even if there's factually very little merit to it. But if there's a year to trade a QB, it's this year. There's more QB movement than any year before.

Dad 2 M & M

I read that Matt Ryan will not be traded, even though there was initial speculation that he would be.

Also, people love to speculate on big names being traded, even if there's factually very little merit to it. But if there's a year to trade a QB, it's this year. There's more QB movement than any year before.
Who would take Matt Ryan's contract? And how could the Falcons take the dead cap hit north of $40 million this year?

I see no way he is gone until AFTER the 2022 season. I'm not a Matt Ryan hater by any means, but he peaked at least two years ago......

Derek Carr and Sam Darnold are two of the "newer" names being discussed and I've read where Darnold might be valued at a late First Round Pick......seems a bit high.

Also read Watson doesn't want to go to New York.....crazy times indeed

PUSH

Original Poster
Adam Schefter is reporting that although it's not to be officially set until next month, league sources are telling him the cap number for the new league year is believed to be $180-181 million. Throughout the season, people thought it was going to be at $175, so at least it's a little higher than anticipated.

Dad 2 M & M

I normally never stop watching the Super Bowl, but this is one of the worst ones in modern history in terms of the referees.
Commercials are REALLY bad too.....never did get that Wayne's World movie, and that commercial was terrible. Sad as the point was to support your local restaurants...

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Wow....
KC has a lot to ponder......huge contracts usually kill teams moving forward

See Flacco, Ryan, Wilson, etc....

And they looked bad bad bad tonight

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
Wow....
KC has a lot to ponder......huge contracts usually kill teams moving forward

See Flacco, Ryan, Wilson, etc....
Mahomes is also much better than any of those three. And you have to pay those guys to stay a contender. Mahomes will make many more playoffs. I know everyone thinks he'll make it to many more Super Bowls, but look at Rodgers and Wilson to know that it's not a guarantee. And that's not a knock against any of those QBs. That's just showing how skewed fans have become because of Tom Brady. Before Brady, winning one Super Bowl was enough. Now you're not even in the conversation for the best of all time unless you have three rings. That's a terrible perspective, IMO. Rings are a team stat. Yes, you can put some merit into postseason success, but to expect more than one ring is pretty greedy. Most teams would kill for that one ring.

Dad 2 M & M

Mahomes is also much better than any of those three. And you have to pay those guys to stay a contender. Mahomes will make many more playoffs. I know everyone thinks he'll make it to many more Super Bowls, but look at Rodgers and Wilson to know that it's not a guarantee. And that's not a knock against any of those QBs. That's just showing how skewed fans have become because of Tom Brady. Before Brady, winning one Super Bowl was enough. Now you're not even in the conversation for the best of all time unless you have three rings. That's a terrible perspective, IMO. Rings are a team stat. Yes, you can put some merit into postseason success, but to expect more than one ring is pretty greedy. Most teams would kill for that one ring.
Well done....

Making more Super Bowls as the expectation moving forward; I recall Dan Marino only making it back to one more CONFERENCE Championship. Mahomes will be carrying a tremendous burden moving forward.

Brady really has skewed it to the extreme. He is now a Two Team Super Bowl winning QB, and he actually contributed to the victory....

Dad 2 M & M

Gee....had to change the camera angle because he wasn't wearing his mask.....even had to zoom in on him

Imagine the haters take on that............

PUSH

Original Poster
Well done....

Making more Super Bowls as the expectation moving forward; I recall Dan Marino only making it back to one more CONFERENCE Championship. Mahomes will be carrying a tremendous burden moving forward.

Brady really has skewed it to the extreme. He is now a Two Team Super Bowl winning QB, and he actually contributed to the victory....
Yes, Tom Brady is a great QB, but people fail to mention the excellence that his defenses and offensive lines have provided him for nearly his entire career. The Bucs were there and won tonight because of their defense. The Saints win was because of their D. The win against the Packers was because of their D (Brady was absolutely terrible in that game), and the reason they won tonight was because of their D.

But his rings have more to say about the teams he's been on, more so than his individual performances. Again, that's no knock on him. He's great. It's more of a nod to him teams than anything else. As I said, rings are a team stat, not a QB stat.

Dad 2 M & M

One more usel
Yes, Tom Brady is a great QB, but people fail to mention the excellence that his defenses and offensive lines have provided him for nearly his entire career. The Bucs were there and won tonight because of their defense. The Saints win was because of their D. The win against the Packers was because of their D (Brady was absolutely terrible in that game), and the reason they won tonight was because of their D.

But his rings have more to say about the teams he's been on, more so than his individual performances. Again, that's no knock on him. He's great. It's more of a nod to him teams than anything else. As I said, rings are a team stat, not a QB stat.
He is the Greatest, no doubt...

Gronkowski had a claim to the MVP award.......

Dad 2 M & M

Wow....all 4 Touchdowns in the Super Bowl were free agents signed this off-season
Gronk
Brown
Fornette
So.....all Tampa's points were scored by free agents signed this past off-season (Antonio Brown signed mid-season)

Gronk - 12
Brown - 6
Fornette - 6
Succop - 7

Another Thing.....Ryan Succop was Mr Irrelevant in 2009

JPPT1974

Defense wins you the game. And really the Chiefs defense made a lot of mistakes. That really doom them. Plus when the Chiefs Eric Fisher went down. Really it hurt not having him there. And no wonder Patrick M was have a rough time being protected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom