NFL 2020-21 Discussion Thread

NYwdwfan

The Jets have fired HC Adam Gase.

@NYwdwfan, do you think this is because of their losses, or the fact that he couldn't deliver more losses to ensure the #1 pick?
I can't even wrap my head around this question! He was a terrible hire. The organization is a mess. I honestly don't even know where they go from here.

As an aside, I realized this morning (as they stated on the news that the Jets haven't been back to the Superbowl since they won almost 52 years ago) that when I was little and started watching football around 1980 the majority of the franchise's existence was prior to me becoming a fan. At this point the dysfunctional franchise has been around 61 years and I have witnessed first hand the bulk of the disappointment. That's quite a sad, sobering thought.

mf1972

i know some jets fans want to keep darnold around & rebuild the offensive line. i can see the logic in it, but i haven’t seen much this season to keep him around. the jets have their work cut out for them. hopefully fans will see some improvement the next couple of years.
on a different note, does anyone think philly purposely blew that game last night? i’m on the fence with that one. but if the giants want to blame someone, they should blame themselves. they had their opportunities this year.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
I can't even wrap my head around this question! He was a terrible hire. The organization is a mess. I honestly don't even know where they go from here.

As an aside, I realized this morning (as they stated on the news that the Jets haven't been back to the Superbowl since they won almost 52 years ago) that when I was little and started watching football around 1980 the majority of the franchise's existence was prior to me becoming a fan. At this point the dysfunctional franchise has been around 61 years and I have witnessed first hand the bulk of the disappointment. That's quite a sad, sobering thought.
I remember Gase was a candidate for the Packers job after we fired McCarthy. I am very glad we went with the little-known Matt LaFleur. It's still very early, but he seems like a true leader who is a players-first coach. Bright offensive mind, with no ego at all.

Sctble

I wonder who Tom Brady will play against in the SuperBowl this year?
Let's see how the Bucs do in the playoffs against a team with a winning record before making such bold predictions.

Yeah, Brady did good this week, no denying that. But he was facing a 7-9 no named team and only led by 2 going into the 4th quarter.

Dad 2 M & M

Bucs were 1-5 against Playoff teams this Regular Season:

Win
- Green Bay

Losses
- Kansas City
- New Orleans x 2
- Chicago
- LA Rams

that said, there isn’t a true juggernaut in the NFC as Green Bay and New Orleans are both good, but certainly without flaw

Tampa will actually HOST Chicago next week if New Orleans falters, otherwise they’ll head to the Bayou

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Bucs were 1-5 against Playoff teams this Regular Season:

Win
- Green Bay

Losses
- Kansas City
- New Orleans x 2
- Chicago
- LA Rams

And it wasn't a runaway last night with a 7-9 team.
Had Washington held them or they missed the field goal Washington would have played their last drive for 1st downs to make it a manageable touchdown attempt not a Hail Mary.
If they do get to the Superbowl I hope the Bills are right there with them.
Lets see how the up and coming do against the old vet.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

And it wasn't a runaway last night with a 7-9 team.
Had Washington held them or they missed the field goal Washington would have played their last drive for 1st downs to make it a manageable touchdown attempt not a Hail Mary.
If they do get to the Superbowl I hope the Bills are right there with them.
Lets see how the up and coming do against the old vet.
Looks like the best match-up for the next round would be Pittsburgh, correct?

Dad 2 M & M

Didn't expect a low scoring game in Music City, especially with the home team having little defense matched against a decent Offense

StarWarsGirl

Watching the Browns and the Steelers.
what_the_heck_am_i_watching_right_now_by_funnytime77_dauidjo-fullview.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom