NFL 2019 Offseason Discussion Thread

Paper straw fan

That can be a part of it, but... you don’t hear those kind of things about Brady or Brees. Big Ben has just always seemed to try and deflect any negativity when they lose, I’ve even seen where the players know it’s coming after he’s had a bad game how he’ll limp into the press conference and be fine the next day.

Players are going to disagree at times though, that’s nothing new.

But especially in today’s game where even average QB’s are making considerably more than even future Hall of famers at other positions, there is going to be tension.

Anders Limpar

I think he also partially sat out because he was tired of the drama of the Steelers organization. Because let's be honest... their locker room environment couldn't have been good. If it was, they would have made the playoffs.

Din't fool yourself, he sat out because of guaranteed money. He thought he was gonna cash-in Gurley style but that didn't quite happen.

The two biggest divas as well as biggest creators of drama on the team, Bell and Brown, are gone.

The national media doesn't know their backside from their elbow in regard to the stories becoming talking points since Brown was inactive for the last game of the 2018 season.

PUSH

Original Poster
The NFL season will kickoff on Thursday, September 5 with the Packers taking on the Bears at Solider Field. It will be the NFL's 100th season and will celebrate it by having the NFL's oldest rivalry kick it off.

Last season the Packers kicked off their season against the Bears at Lambeau Field on Sunday night, where we saw one of the greatest games in Packers history.

PUSH

Original Poster
Offensive and defensive pass interference will be reviewable this coming season. It will work just like a normal challenge. The booth will handle the challenges inside of the 2 minute warnings.

PUSH

Original Poster
Bears trade RB Jordan Howard to the Eagles for a 6th round pick in 2020, which could possibly become a 5th round pick.

A steal for the Eagles if you ask me, but he never really fit in Matt Nagy's offense.

PUSH

Original Poster
Another longtime Packer has retired. This time it's TJ Lang, who spent the past two seasons with the Lions.

PUSH

Original Poster
They're not bad, but 100% of the time I'm going to favor the traditional looks. The Jets had some of the best uniforms in the league IMO.

NYwdwfan

They're not bad, but 100% of the time I'm going to favor the traditional looks. The Jets had some of the best uniforms in the league IMO.
Problem is - the team has been so bad for so long (save one successful Mark Sanchez led team that was a half away from the Super Bowl before they blew it to the Steelers). Our fresh faces and fresh uniforms will go a long way to change the perception of the team. I hope.

artvandelay

Problem is - the team has been so bad for so long (save one successful Mark Sanchez led team that was a half away from the Super Bowl before they blew it to the Steelers). Our fresh faces and fresh uniforms will go a long way to change the perception of the team. I hope.
The last time the uniform was changed was when Parcells took over and wanted a complete change of culture.

PUSH

Original Poster
Turns out Aaron Rodgers not only suffered an MCL injury in week 1 against the Bears, but he also suffered tibial plateau fracture at the same time. This injury kept JJ Watt out of the final 3 months of 2017.

DisneyFreak

Tampa Bay really got hosed with the schedule. They don't have a "home" game for 49 straight days.

Week 4 - at LA Rams
Week 5 - at New Orleans
Week 6 - vs Carolina (in London)
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8 - at Tennessee
Week 9 - at Seattle
Week 10 - vs Arizona (home FINALLY!!)

That's some brutal scheduling and travel for the Bucs.
eek.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom