NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Brown now tweets he's done playing in the NFL because owners can cancel contracts and guarantees anytime they want. :rolleyes:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
He deleted all the tweets referring to the Pats owner, the threats towards the SI reporter, and the articles about Big Ben and Shannon Sharpe.

PUSH

Original Poster
This Packers defense looks totally different than a year ago. Preston and Za'Darius Smith have more combined sacks already this season than Clay Matthews and Nick Perry did all of last year. Darnell Savage looks like a difference maker. Jaire Alexander and Kevin King have been a phenomenal duo at CB. This is a playmaking defense. That is not something we've had since the 2010 defense when the Packers won the Super Bowl.

Willmark

Long suffering Raiders fan here in upstate NY surrounded by delusional Bills fans who think the SB is in their future after beating the Jets (barely), Giants and Cincy (barely). And before the Bills fans dog-pile me I get it: my contention is the Raiders have largely been irrelevant since 1985. But get back to me when you beat your Week #4 opponent consistently...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Long suffering Raiders fan here in upstate NY surrounded by delusional Bills fans who think the SB is in their future after beating the Jets (barely), Giants and Cincy (barely). And before the Bills fans dog-pile me I get it: my contention is the Raiders have largely been irrelevant since 1985. But get back to me when you beat your Week #4 opponent consistently...
Sorry that you don't like Bill's mofia but we are here to stay and we will always Billieve in One Buffalo and have Buffalove for our teams.

PUSH

Original Poster
As an outsider to the AFC East division, I think we all can agree that the Patriots have had very little competition in their division for a LONG time. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins have been terrible as a whole since before Brady. Not saying the Patriots haven't accomplished a lot, but their competition to get to the playoffs has been next to nothing. And the time they had slight competition throughout the year was a team quarterbacked by Mark Sanchez... that says quite a bit. I don't think any division has consistently been as terrible over the past 15 or so years as the AFC East.

OneofThree

As an outsider to the AFC East division, I think we all can agree that the Patriots have had very little competition in their division for a LONG time. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins have been terrible as a whole since before Brady. Not saying the Patriots haven't accomplished a lot, but their competition to get to the playoffs has been next to nothing. And the time they had slight competition throughout the year was a team quarterbacked by Mark Sanchez... that says quite a bit. I don't think any division has consistently been as terrible over the past 15 or so years as the AFC East.

:rolleyes:

"While the Patriots' 86-24 record against the AFC East is staggering, their winning percentage (134-44, .753) against everyone else is the best in the NFL, while they have 25 more non-division victories than any other team.

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage.

Their success against teams who finished with a winning record (75-45, .625) is also an NFL-best mark, with the Steelers trailing by a considerable margin at a .440 winning percentage.

It's settled then. The Patriots don't just take care of business against the AFC East, but no team is even close to their level of success against teams outside their division. "

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...atriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east

Kiss.The.Rings.

PUSH

Original Poster
:rolleyes:

"While the Patriots' 86-24 record against the AFC East is staggering, their winning percentage (134-44, .753) against everyone else is the best in the NFL, while they have 25 more non-division victories than any other team.

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage.

Their success against teams who finished with a winning record (75-45, .625) is also an NFL-best mark, with the Steelers trailing by a considerable margin at a .440 winning percentage.

It's settled then. The Patriots don't just take care of business against the AFC East, but no team is even close to their level of success against teams outside their division. "

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...atriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east

Kiss.The.Rings.
Seriously, though, the AFC East Three have been terrible for a very long time. There's no denying that. No article no matter how you put it can say the Patriots haven't had one of the easiest divisions to compete in for quite some time. It's common sense that if you put a team in a tough division, their chances of making the playoffs are going to go down. And vice versa. If you put a team in a cake walk division, their odds of making the playoffs should go up. Not many star players on the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets over the past 20 years.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Bills fans shouldnt be acting like they're legit until they can dethrone the Patriots year after year. Beating the Jets, Giants and Bengals isnt something to get too hyped up about.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Bills fans shouldnt be acting like they're legit until they can dethrone the Patriots year after year. Beating the Jets, Giants and Bengals isnt something to get too hyped up about.

I see no harm in loving your team and hoping they do well.
Besides many lose to the Pat's so lets not act like it's only the Bill's that have a hard time there.

PUSH

Original Poster
I feel like any team thinking they're "legit" at this point in the season is a little foolish. We are three weeks in. I'm a Packers fan, and while our team is 3-0, with a couple of wins against tough division opponents, I know there's still 13 more games to go. There's no point in trash talk. There's no point in worrying who is the best in the league right now. The only thing to think about is next week's game and getting that win.

I realize I sound just like a player or coach, but it's totally true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom