Next version of IllumiNations

sarahwiggles99

Original Poster
when the new illuminations (sky dance) is set to arrive? i really want to see ROE before its gone, planning on going to florida in september or october. hmmm? hmmm? anyone? :D :veryconfu :confused:

jedimaster1227

sarahwiggles99 said:
when the new illuminations (sky dance) is set to arrive? i really want to see ROE before its gone, planning on going to florida in september or october. hmmm? hmmm? anyone? :D :veryconfu :confused:

Is ROE going anywhere? As far as I know, it is one of the most popular fireworks shows and it has been said that it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Anyone else know anything?:veryconfu

CTXRover

The "new" Illuminations has not been officially announced (yet). As of now, anything regarding a new Illuminations is strictly a rumor. I imagine a new version, which rumors indicate will be called "Illuminations: Sky Dance", will debut with Epcot's 25th next October (2007), but that is still not official.

Don't worry, ROE will definetely still be there in Sept or October of 2006.

the-reason14

Hopefully if this new illuminations premiers, its something special. ROE is a very well done fireworks show, we missed it for several years, and when I first saw it, I was like wow, this is tight. I like how it displays unity with the world. Anybody know if the new show would display the same message or would it be completely differant?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is absolutely no reliable info about the next version of Illumintions out there just yet. The people working on it are not letting anything out the bag. Everything else you hear right now is just pure speculation. RoE will definitely be running on your trip.

e4ymod

CTXRover said:
The "new" Illuminations has not been officially announced (yet). As of now, anything regarding a new Illuminations is strictly a rumor. I imagine a new version, which rumors indicate will be called "Illuminations: Sky Dance", will debut with Epcot's 25th next October (2007), but that is still not official.

Don't worry, ROE will definetely still be there in Sept or October of 2006.
There WILL be a new version of Illuminations, and as of right now, it WILL be called Sky Dance. But don't get your hopes up. According to Don Dorcey, you shouldn't expect it to come any time before 2009.

Richie248

When and if ROE goes away, I will miss it. I get chills everytime I view it, however the departure of ROE will hopefully lead the way for something more amazing. To think how far Illuminations has come over the years!!

Jerm

I am sorry actually last night was the last showing of I:ROE ever. It came as a shock to us all due to the fact we are not expecting I:SD to show up till atleast next October? But yup it is gone, they are selling the globe right now on Mousesurplus and they are taking down the torchs as we speak to open up the lagoon.......oh wait nevermind, they are just adding a loop to it.

All kidding aside I am sure when I:ROE is set to end it will be a EVENT! Everyone loves that show and it is one of the best I have ever seen......and if you have not seen it with the holiday tag make sure you make a special trip this year to see it!!!

J

jeffb

Don Dorsey and his group really deserve a big pat on the back, he has been involved with the Fantasmic, MSEP, Illuminations, etc... All three were / are fantastic. I will be very sad to see ROE go, but his track record speaks volumes about how potentially great Sky Dance will be.

Tim G

Richie248 said:
When and if ROE goes away, I will miss it. I get chills everytime I view it, however the departure of ROE will hopefully lead the way for something more amazing. To think how far Illuminations has come over the years!!
Psssssst........ it's not when... it's IF....

CrashNet

RoE won't be going anywhere for several years, but man when it goes, I'm going to be very sad. :( I love that show. Expect something new sometime around 2009, but that is pure speculation based on the fact that RoE is scheduled to continue through 2009.

ToTBellHop

Do we even know yet that they are having an actual celebration for Epcot's 25th? It'd be nice and all, but WDW turns 35 this year and I would have imagined they would do something for that, but it doesn't look like they will (a bit too close to the HCOE, obviously). I'm in no hurry to see Reflections leave...Animal Kingdom is in greater need of a new nighttime show.

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Do we even know yet that they are having an actual celebration for Epcot's 25th? It'd be nice and all, but WDW turns 35 this year and I would have imagined they would do something for that, but it doesn't look like they will (a bit too close to the HCOE, obviously). I'm in no hurry to see Reflections leave...Animal Kingdom is in greater need of a new nighttime show.

Nothing has been officially announced yet. I think AK should have a cool light show. There are plenty of opportunities to see fireworks at MK and Epcot. AK should get something different.

surfsupdon

Jerm said:
and if you have not seen it with the holiday tag make sure you make a special trip this year to see it!!!

Fully agreed. I prefer the Christmas Peace on Earth finale to the NYE celebration finale. The holiday tag is executed perfectly with the appropriate music and and a really great fireworks show.

jedimaster1227

utrythinkinof1 said:
Nothing has been officially announced yet. I think AK should have a cool light show. There are plenty of opportunities to see fireworks at MK and Epcot. AK should get something different.

When AK becomes a full day park (which it will soon enough), it will have a fireworks show. That is why there are lights all over the queue and several mounts for the fireworks on the mountain. They were used in the grand opening of Everest. Also, the lagoon would play an expanded role in the fireworks show.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
jedimaster1227 said:
When AK becomes a full day park (which it will soon enough), it will have a fireworks show. That is why there are lights all over the queue and several mounts for the fireworks on the mountain. They were used in the grand opening of Everest. Also, the lagoon would play an expanded role in the fireworks show.

I would think a more logical explaination of the lights in the queue, is simply so it can operate in the dark, wihich it frequently does on Evening Extra Magic Hours. I cant see how having lights has any link to a lagoon show?

The lagoon by Everest doesnt really have enough viewing locations on its edges, as World Showcase does for example. You would not be able to have enough viewing spots for the number of guests who would wish to see it.

For me, if AK was to have any kind of night show, it would requre a custom built stadium, in the style of Fantasmic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom