Next version of IllumiNations

balto

I thought the reason they didn't have a night show was because of the animals... fireworks + lions/tigers/bears don't mix well.

That is the reason. The only way AK will ever have a night show is if they do it like fantasmic or they do some sort of show using only lasers and water and some small ground effects fireworks and fire. THEY WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DID I SAY NEVER HAVE A FULL FIREWORKS SHOW. Peta and all the other animal rights groups would go nuts and pop a vain in their heads if Disney did a fireworks show at AK.

coastermaster83 said:
That is the reason. The only way AK will ever have a night show is if they do it like fantasmic or they do some sort of show using only lasers and water and some small ground effects fireworks and fire. THEY WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DID I SAY NEVER HAVE A FULL FIREWORKS SHOW. Peta and all the other animal rights groups would go nuts and pop a vain in their heads if Disney did a fireworks show at AK.

I agree with you, when I worked in DAK one of the first things that I learned during my training was that the animals come first and they do not use anything with fireworks or special effects of that nature and never will in the park. (They aren't even supposed to have disposable straws or pop bottle caps in the park for the same reason) It was even built away from the other parks to cut down on the noise for the animals including the fireworks from the other parks. I doubt highly there will ever be a fireworks show at DAK, though I think a laser and water show would be really great for the park. :p

Tim G

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Do we even know yet that they are having an actual celebration for Epcot's 25th? It'd be nice and all, but WDW turns 35 this year and I would have imagined they would do something for that, but it doesn't look like they will (a bit too close to the HCOE, obviously). I'm in no hurry to see Reflections leave...Animal Kingdom is in greater need of a new nighttime show.

Again... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wdwmagic said:
There is absolutely no reliable info about the next version of Illumintions out there just yet. The people working on it are not letting anything out the bag. Everything else you hear right now is just pure speculation. RoE will definitely be running on your trip.

And I fully agree...

CatLady

I know the SeaWorld has a lot of issues with balancing their fireworks shows with animal safety. If the wind turns and there is smoke and debris coming into the Shamu pools, the fireworks show is stopped -- or that is how it used to be before Mystify. I would guess that now they would stop the fireworks and just do the lights/water walls in that case. A lights-and-water-walls type night show would probably be a good addition, but there's no large body of water except the river, which would make viewing difficult.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom