Next Promotions After 3/27?

With the current % Room Offer running out next sunday March 27th, do we think we might see something else Monday the 28th?

Anyone with inside info.?

DisneyJoe

My guess, based only upon past history patterns, would be that you would see a Free Dining offer (for travel dates of mid-August to late September) extended first to Disney VISA holders, possibly on 3/28 or even 3/31, with the offer to the public being released on 3/31 or 4/3... or they may make us suffer for a week or two before releasing them.

JMHO.

Upvote 0

elfshadowreaper

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be better to make reservations now to get locked in on a cheaper room rate, and then change to free DDP if it is offered at a later date?(If one would rather the DDP than cheaper rate)

Upvote 0

smk

I got a pin code for free dining offered thru August 16th only, I think. I am out of the loop I didn't /haven't checked to see if it is out for all. Mine come in a mailer, not email and I threw it out cause we are booked for September on a room discount.

Upvote 0

elfshadowreaper

I actually think I threw out one too. Why'd you choose the room discount instead of the dining plan? I've done the math for my trip and it seems to be much cheaper with the free dining. But others' trips could come out better with room discount, I guess.

Upvote 0

smk

I actually think I threw out one too. Why'd you choose the room discount instead of the dining plan? I've done the math for my trip and it seems to be much cheaper with the free dining. But others' trips could come out better with room discount, I guess.
My room only discount had to be booked by the 28 of Feb., it was 30% off values, 35% off mods and 40% off deluxes, 45% off vlillas. We are staying at a value for three days and switching to our favorite moderate for the remaining 4 days and saving a boat load of money. We have never done the DP, even free dining, cause it doesn't make any sense to us to use it. We eat smaller meals several times a day, my husband is a diabetic and all the stress of walking more than usual makes him require small meals, more often. Put that together with the fact that we are not uber planners and would feel restricted to a park because of a dining reservation in a few hours and it would be less enjoyable to us. I am just happy to have a plan to go!

Upvote 0

meganw1985

I got a mailer pin for free dining but it wasn't for my travel dates anyway. Only through part of September I think. Plus it was QS for values and moderates, DDP for deluxes and villas. Using my 35% off pin for POR and purchasing an annual pass with TiW card is going to save WAY more money than to do free dining at a full price deluxe.

Upvote 0

nolatron

Got a Free Dining pin today for arrival dates 4/23 - 8/13/11

Free Quick Service Dining for non-discount 5night MYW package at Value or Moderate.

Free Dining for non-discounted 5-night MYW package at a Deluxe or Villa resort.

Must book by 4/30/2011.

We're travelling in September, so no use for me but wanted to share the details of the offer.

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be better to make reservations now to get locked in on a cheaper room rate, and then change to free DDP if it is offered at a later date?(If one would rather the DDP than cheaper rate)

This is the best way to ensure you would have the resort you want for your vacation. With a Magic Your Way package you can cancel or make changes up to 45 days prior to arrival without a penalty.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I'll take the % off... free dining is useless to me, sorry... but the food at WDW isn't that great people!

I'd take the room only discount too, but even if you don't care for the food at WDW, you still have to eat.

FTR, I think the majority of food at WDW, with the exception of fast food, is excellent.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

I'll take the % off... free dining is useless to me, sorry... but the food at WDW isn't that great people!

:lol: Yes, can agree with ya a little on this, but when you have newbies and children with ya, the atmosphere in some of the eateries make up some of the difference...but not all! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I'd take the room only discount too, but even if you don't care for the food at WDW, you still have to eat.

FTR, I think the majority of food at WDW, with the exception of fast food, is excellent.

:lol: Yes, can agree with ya a little on this, but when you have newbies and children with ya, the atmosphere in some of the eateries make up some of the difference...but not all! :rolleyes:

I get nailed on these forums for that sentiment. My options are an "OK" burger or a 40 dollar pizza in epcot, great.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I have found out that he savings of % off is the better deal but will not pass up on free dining. We use it simply for the fact we like knowing our food is paid for before we even leave home and when its time to order the $40 pizza i dont have to look at the price or care what it cost. (tips are a fact of life and dont cant in our decision to use the plan...but like it better when it was covered)

Upvote 0

MattyDrums

I also received a pin for free dining through August 13th. Personally, my Disney crew and I love the free dining. It makes planning much easier and we plan it to eat at some of the nicer restaurants on property that we normally wouldn't go to without it being included. Also, I'd rather have some free cruddy Disney food than have to go out and pay for just as bad food even if it saves a few bucks. Call me crazy...:hammer:

I'm actually looking to go in December so hopefully I get a pin soon for those dates, free dining would be perfect. Fingers crossed!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Locking up a reservation now will in no way guarantee that you will be able to get a discount at that exact resort you have booked at. If it does anything it will actually slightly increase the chances of that resort or dates being blacked out. All of Disney's promotions are based on booking rates. If they are coming in short of those rates they will offer a promotion of some kind. If they are not they will not offer a promotion or will black out a particular resort and/or dates.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Locking up a reservation now will in no way guarantee that you will be able to get a discount at that exact resort you have booked at. If it does anything it will actually slightly increase the chances of that resort or dates being blacked out. All of Disney's promotions are based on booking rates. If they are coming in short of those rates they will offer a promotion of some kind. If they are not they will not offer a promotion or will black out a particular resort and/or dates.

Can attest to this, happened to me. Already had a reservation, wanted to switch to a different promo. No go. A room wasn't available for that promo so I either paid more to stay where I really wanted to or I could use a code and stay somewhere else and save a bundle. Hmmmm. :confused:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can attest to this, happened to me. Already had a reservation, wanted to switch to a different promo. No go. A room wasn't available for that promo so I either paid more to stay where I really wanted to or I could use a code and stay somewhere else and save a bundle. Hmmmm. :confused:
That is pretty much what can happen. I had that happen to 2 clients last year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom