Next Gen Busses

Tom Morrow

I was okay with the monorail wraps when they were just on one or two trains. These bus wraps would be less annoying too if they were rare but the intention seems to be to roll them out en masse.

FigmentFan82

By that same token I could ask why does a trash can need to be designed to be high quality, thoughtfully considered, impeccably designed, etc.... But Walt Disney spent a lot of time thinking about the trash cans in his park. That level of thoughtfulness pertaining to something others may consider mundane is exactly what set Disney parks apart from the competition.

Seems as though the guests are now questioning why anyone would go through the trouble of doing such as it really shouldn't matter. It's really sad to see guests aid management in the degradation of the parks.
Trash cans are in the parks (and resorts) The buses are out on the roads. These are mostly definitely moving billboards. But they are not stationary inside a park or resort.

Criticism of design is fine. But the buses are not something you're actively looking at throughout your day. You get up, go out to a bus stop, see them arrive, get on one, get dropped off and then you're on your merry way to have fun.

And I find the wraps to be fun. "We got to ride the Moana bus daddy! I wonder who we'll get when it's time to go back to the hotel!"

Maybe I'm easy. I guess not too many things bother me if I'm having fun with my family in the happiest place on Earth. Perhaps my jimmies don't easily get rustled.

phillip9698

Trash cans are in the parks (and resorts) The buses are out on the roads. These are mostly definitely moving billboards. But they are not stationary inside a park or resort.

Criticism of design is fine. But the buses are not something you're actively looking at throughout your day. You get up, go out to a bus stop, see them arrive, get on one, get dropped off and then you're on your merry way to have fun.

And I find the wraps to be fun. "We got to ride the Moana bus daddy! I wonder who we'll get when it's time to go back to the hotel!"

Maybe I'm easy. I guess not too many things bother me if I'm having fun with my family in the happiest place on Earth. Perhaps my jimmies don't easily get rustled.

Those buses are on the roads on disney property. Those buses arent going to be seen on I4 coming from Jacksonville.

You know what else is not in a park or resort

walt-disney-world-firefighters-reportedly-stretched-thin-with-increase-in-attractions.jpeg

Neither is this

Reedy-Creek-F-ire-Department-Station-1-Walt-Disney-World.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

I for one am glad that Disney went the extra mile to put some thought into the design of those areas even though "they arent in the park, and they arent something we are actively looking at throughout the day".

And nobody is saying character wraps are bad all around. There was a way to do it to make it look less like a bus you will see in the middle of Atlanta advertising cheeseburgers and skeezy law firms.

FigmentFan82

Those buses are on the roads on disney property. Those buses arent going to be seen on I4 coming from Jacksonville.

You know what else is not in a park or resort

walt-disney-world-firefighters-reportedly-stretched-thin-with-increase-in-attractions.jpeg

Neither is this

Reedy-Creek-F-ire-Department-Station-1-Walt-Disney-World.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

I for one am glad that Disney went the extra mile to put some thought into the design of those areas even though "they arent in the park, and they arent something we are actively looking at throughout the day".

And nobody is saying character wraps are bad all around. There was a way to do it to make it look less like a bus you will see in the middle of Atlanta advertising cheeseburgers and skeezy law firms.
man the extent to which people on here just have to prove how right they are is too funny. and other non disney cars are on the road too!!

oh and that RCFD building totally looks like the new buses. fun, garish and loud

😜

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
These wraps are great, but I wish they would go electric. We recently came back from China and we saw many electric city buses (and cars and mopeds). It was impressive, and so nice to be standing at a bus depot and not be coughing from all the smoke, and to see a couple dozen mopeds and small motorcycles take off silently when a traffic light turns green.

The U.S. has a fleet of 300 electric buses. China has 421,000 (source)! There's no excuse for Disney to not make their buses and trams electric. They will save money in the long run.

TrainsOfDisney

I liked the designs better in person. But it’s a total mis-mash of designs now. There are still some purple designs, there is the silver / red design, there is the fab 5 circle design, there is the full wrap (like dumbo) design, and there is the full on promo design like the one with maificent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom