Next Gen Busses

aladdin2007

I made a big stink about the Fab 6 wraps in this thread earlier and these new ones are even tackier than those. Ugh. Chapek, please resign.

I dont mind the fab6 or whatever wraps as much, but I do agree this IP stuff is getting out of hand. Im sick of frozen and moana being crammed onto everything as if thats all they own, yet there is more of those two to come to things. Chapek is...I wont even start, but yeah please go already before completely ruining the place, wheels already in motion sadly, literally.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I dont mind the fab6 or whatever wraps as much, but I do agree this IP stuff is getting out of hand. Im sick of frozen and moana being crammed onto everything as if thats all they own, yet there is more of those two to come to things. Chapek is...I wont even start, but yeah please go already before completely ruining the place, wheels already in motion sadly, literally.

But... but... how else will you know you're at DISNEY WORLD??!!??

"I know guests want this stuff and a couple of survey responses back it up" - Bob "Theme Parks Are My Middle Name" Chapek

Ricky Spanish

He uses the old electricians' ruses to carry the fuses on the buses.

Don't see why that spelling is inherently better.
I'm not saying it's better........
"When the word bus was new, the two plurals were in competition, but busesovertook busses in frequency in the 1930s, and today is the overwhelming choice of writers and editors. Busses was the preferred form in Merriam-Webster dictionaries until 1961."

Merriam-Webster dictionaries prefer it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not saying it's better........
"When the word bus was new, the two plurals were in competition, but busesovertook busses in frequency in the 1930s, and today is the overwhelming choice of writers and editors. Busses was the preferred form in Merriam-Webster dictionaries until 1961."

Merriam-Webster dictionaries prefer it.

Oxford says that "busses" is the US pluralization.

Collins says that the plural is "buses" but as a verb, 3rd person singular is "busses."

American Heritage lists both forms as OK.

So... they're all over the place.

rkleinlein

You guys are hilarious, foaming at the mouth about bus wraps. 😂
Well, some people could care less about design. But for those who do, it's not just about bus wraps. It's yet another example in a growing list of the "tackification"--both visually and conceptually--of Disney under the current leadership. One used to go to Disney and notice how nice most things (with some notable exceptions) looked: tasteful, authentic, high-quality, thoughtfully considered, impeccably designed, and painstakingly detailed--far above what you would see at any other theme park. Now more and more things look tacky, garish, cartooney, cheap, clumsy, and out of place.

Tony the Tigger

Technically both are correct :)

“The plural of bus is buses. A variant plural, busses, is also given in the dictionary, but has become so rare that it seems like an error to many people.”

Also wondering why you singled me out when I spelled it the same as the title of the post?

Addressed OP a long time ago.

From now on it’s bussses.

Well, some people could care less about design.

I care more about the spelling, but I don’t see how people dislike these.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, some people could care less about design. But for those who do, it's not just about bus wraps. It's yet another example in a growing list of the "tackification"--both visually and conceptually--of Disney under the current leadership. One used to go to Disney and notice how nice most things (with some notable exceptions) looked: tasteful, authentic, high-quality, thoughtfully considered, impeccably designed, and painstakingly detailed--far above what you would see at any other theme park. Now more and more things look tacky, garish, cartooney, cheap, clumsy, and out of place.

I take it you're not a fan of the value resorts then? 😁

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
index(4).jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom