Next CEO

Disnerd2003

All of us in the higher ups are hearing and seeing the job is Chapek's as long as Iger doesn't get fired (one in a million chance). Iger's had him in mind since he was head of consumer products. Moving him to Parks was the first strategic move. If you notice shortly after Iger moved him Consumer Products and Parks merged... Kevin Mayer was kinda shoved off to the side awkwardly recently. You've got a 99.99999% chance of having Chapek as a CEO. We're all bracing for it here.

Mouse Trap

All of us in the higher ups are hearing and seeing the job is Chapek's as long as Iger doesn't get fired (one in a million chance). Iger's had him in mind since he was head of consumer products. Moving him to Parks was the first strategic move. If you notice shortly after Iger moved him Consumer Products and Parks merged... Kevin Mayer was kinda shoved off to the side awkwardly recently. You've got a 99.99999% chance of having Chapek as a CEO. We're all bracing for it here.

EDIT: Latest article on the speculation https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sney-ceo-it-may-be-streaming-head-kevin-mayer

Last edited:

John park hopper

In my perfect world--- WDW would be run by some one who came up through the ranks working at WDW, someone who had a true love of the parks and a genuine appreciation for the guests. Profits earned at WDW would stay at WDW --pay increases, park expansion/upgrades. Pinch me I'm dreaming

Disnerd2003

In my perfect world--- WDW would be run by some one who came up through the ranks working at WDW, someone who had a true love of the parks and a genuine appreciation for the guests. Profits earned at WDW would stay at WDW --pay increases, park expansion/upgrades. Pinch me I'm dreaming
His name is Josh D'Ammaro.

It Is What It Is

Wasn't Iger also pulling for Tom Staggs? If I remember correctly some on the Disney Board were not fans of Staggs and his name went away quickly and they he resigned. I think the board will have a lot of input and not just blindly except Iger's pick. I definitely believe Chapek has a shot but not 99.99%

I've grown to appreciate Chapek more over this past year but in my opinion Meyer presents better as CEO material. Just a Disney fanboy prospective here and that comes from watching videos of the two speak on various interviews. So I don't put a lot of weight on what little I know, but my gut says to put my money on Meyer.

Mouse Trap

Wasn't Iger also pulling for Tom Staggs? If I remember correctly some on the Disney Board were not fans of Staggs and his name went away quickly and they he resigned. I think the board will have a lot of input and not just blindly except Iger's pick. I definitely believe Chapek has a shot but not 99.99%

I've grown to appreciate Chapek more over this past year but in my opinion Meyer presents better as CEO material. Just a Disney fanboy prospective here and that comes from watching videos of the two speak on various interviews. So I don't put a lot of weight on what little I know, but my gut says to put my money on Meyer.

Everyday you see more headlines about D+ ripping through subscriber counts and the massive success of shows like The Mandalorian is one day close to Kevin Mayer becoming CEO. Chapek will probably be gone soon after Mayer is announced as successor because that's of course what he's been gunning for.

Darkprime

Everyday you see more headlines about D+ ripping through subscriber counts and the massive success of shows like The Mandalorian is one day close to Kevin Mayer becoming CEO. Chapek will probably be gone soon after Mayer is announced as successor because that's of course what he's been gunning for.

I could also see Iger suggesting keep Mayer where he his. Disney plus is brand new. its off to a great start but It cant afford a disruption in leadership right now. At such a crucial point of its development. Anything that could been seen as to slow momentum or disrupt stock value would be bad. Mayer might be better of staying where he is. Maybe he gets a promotion like Kevin Feige recently to keep him happy.

Mouse Trap

I could also see Iger suggesting keep Mayer where he his. Disney plus is brand new. its off to a great start but It cant afford a disruption in leadership right now. At such a crucial point of its development. Anything that could been seen as to slow momentum or disrupt stock value would be bad. Mayer might be better of staying where he is. Maybe he gets a promotion like Kevin Feige recently to keep him happy.

True if Iger was leaving in the next few months, but Iger isn’t done until EOY 2021. Two years from now is quite some time and D+ will be much established.

It Is What It Is

Something I don't know much about: how soon are predecessors announced before the current CEO steps down?

If Iger's last day will it be the end of the 4th quarter in 2021 (guess), how soon would we be told before that date?

Wouldn't that be sufficient time for Meyer to step away from the day to day operations of Disney+?

Mouse Trap

Something I don't know much about: how soon are predecessors announced before the current CEO steps down?

If Iger's last day will it be the end of the 4th quarter in 2021 (guess), how soon would we be told before that date?

Wouldn't that be sufficient time for Meyer to step away from the day to day operations of Disney+?

Iger’s last day is in December 2021.

I think the EARLIEST we’ll hear about succession will be summer next year, with more substance bubbling up very early 2021.

seascape

Iger’s last day is in December 2021.

I think the EARLIEST we’ll hear about succession will be summer next year, with more substance bubbling up very early 2021.
The end if the 4th quarter for The Walt Disney Company is September 30. However, since the 50th anniversary of WDW is October 2021, I think you might be right. After that date, the next huge anniversary for the company is 2023 when they turn 100. Expect some big announcements about that at the next D23 in 2021.

mikejs78

Premium Member
With the results of Disney+, I would bet that Kevin Mayer's stock has risen quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him named as Iger's successor sometime this year, given the importance of streaming. Followed after that with Chapel's departure. In the space of a single quarter, streaming has gone from a $1b/yr business to a $12b/yr business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom