Next CEO

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
I really hope the next CEO of Disney is a visual thinking one. Iger is just about the money and Eisnier did do a lot of good now that I’m looking back on him. He at least understood what Walt Disney was. Unlike Iger who only cares about buying IPs and ruining the Disney Magic.

Who would make a great CEO and how likely would they be to become the next CEO?

bUU

Iger is just about the money
That's what people said about Eisner when he was CEO, and then, looking back at Eisner's time at Disney years later, a lot of people now say...
and Eisnier did do a lot of good now that I’m looking back on him. He at least understood what Walt Disney was.

Unlike Iger who only cares about buying IPs and ruining the Disney Magic.
During Eisner's time as CEO, he focused Disney's resources on acquiring new production and distribution channels, such as Miramax Films, ABC and ESPN. Fans criticized Eisner for that, at the time, far more than fans are criticizing Iger today, and that's despite the fact that Iger is actually focusing a lot more on building a portfolio of storytelling rather than on building a portfolio of studios and networks.

I mentioned in another thread this morning that, "As a matter of fact, fans expressing [critical] appraisals [of Disney's excellent leaders] in online discussions have been so consistent over the last thirty years that being criticized by fans online is now a pretty reliable indicator that someone is an excellent leader for the company." So given that, I think Bob Chapek is a top candidate for who would make a great CEO for the company - reviled by fans at the outset, and then wistfully treasured after-the-fact when fans are bashing some successor.

Tank Man

I really hope the next CEO of Disney is a visual thinking one. Iger is just about the money and Eisnier did do a lot of good now that I’m looking back on him. He at least understood what Walt Disney was. Unlike Iger who only cares about buying IPs and ruining the Disney Magic.

I do hope with the next CEO we get some more original ideas for Disney attractions instead of IP tie ins. Who ever it is should see how to improve Disney through what they already have. Expanding the parks, fixing the magic and I hope they keep Disney the king of the box office

seascape

The next CEO will have an extremely difficult job. How can anyone beat the job Iger has done? The improvements in movie box office are unbeatable. The Disney Cruise Line will soon have 3 more ships. Maybe he or she could improve the parks but they are currently being expanded and improved.

Indy_UK

The next CEO will have an extremely difficult job. How can anyone beat the job Iger has done? The improvements in movie box office are unbeatable. The Disney Cruise Line will soon have 3 more ships. Maybe he or she could improve the parks but they are currently being expanded and improved.

Igor has set the next CEO up for years.

All they need to do is keep the box office to say 10 solid big films a year including Fox, push Hulu international with Disney+

Hopefully the next person will look kinder on the theme parks and pump some serious money on top of what they have done and bring back the 'Disney difference'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom