NEWS: Disney works its magic to find missing rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

d43boy

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Check out this article

Really speaks to how far Disney will go for its guests. Wow.

Guests lost wedding rings in the trash, Disney digs through trash after guests leave to go home, and finds them!

And not digging through a trash can either...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24248787/

makes me feel good to be a Disney fan. At least we have some positive press this time....

d43boy

Original Poster
Wow thanks....

Maybe you're just trying to be helpful, but it comes off as rude.

I don't post hardly at all on this site and I know many others who only lurk, because they're afraid of just this. Because GOD FORBID you post something that has already been talked about! You get scolded and told to go look at the other thread!

This board is not the most welcoming board there is. New people are afraid to post. Do you notice that when new people post, they always start out by saying "Please don't bash me! I tried the search feature, but didn't find anything! I'm new!"

What kind of atmosphere causes this? Is it a major deal or crime that this has already been posted? On a board this big, it happens!

I deeply apologize that I submitted a new thread about something that was already talked about! PLEASE forgive me! I will be sure to never ever make that mistake again!

Geez

And the link doesn't even work, and I think there could have been a more polite way to point out that it's already been talked about.

I guess new people or people who hardly post don't even deserve a word? just GO LOOK HERE!! No explanation or anything?

Just wanted to spread some disney magic...

HiddenMinnie

You go d43boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, it can be a little intimidating to start a new thread on this board. I applaud you for having the courage to do it though!:)

he-guy

No worries, just thought you'd like to see some additional posts on this topic. As you said, this board is way too busy with WDW fans to avoid posting something that may have already been brought up. :)

d43boy

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the kind reply.

But I wish you would have said that the first time! :)

But I appreciate it. While I still stand by what I said about the friendliness of the board, thanks for explaining.

Still is a cool article!

Gartdog

Thank you for d43boy for your response to that. I wish there was a more polite way to post other threads, such as simply stating, "Here's some more info on that". Those always come off sounding rude.

wild01ride

I agree completely.

It's not like all of us have the time and freedom to browse the 850 kajillion threads here - I mean, I love reading this stuff as much as possible, but sometimes you catch something new and get excited to tell all of our friends back here on wdwmagic...

Glad to see an "off-topic" thread carry on so kindly! (That's few and far between!)

AndyP

Actually I think it would be nice to thank the person who posted the link to the current discussion, which is something they didn't have to do, and have obviously gone out of their way to find, he didn't 'flame' or 'bash' you in anyway at all.

Anyways, back on topic, really nice to see Disney going the extra mile. Thanks to OP and he-guy for the extra link.

drewchyi

I don't think its a big deal to repost something, i mean not everyone sits on these boards 24/7 reading every thing that gets posted. plus reposting gives people who didnt read the original post a chance to give their points of views. i mean...if you get annoyed about seeing a repost...don't open it.

Erika

It's not a big deal. There is a search function if you ever need to check something- it's toward the top of your page in the blue bar.

I'll close this one up for now since there is an existing thread, but thank you for posting. :) You are right that it is an uplifting story and one I don't mind reading more than once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom