Newly single, need advice

meekoman

Planning on a trip in October or November, but, will be going as a newly single guy. I've been to WDW over 35 times, but, I'm feeling kind of intimidated by going alone. I guess I could use some advice from folks who have gone as a single person for the first time.

wannabeBelle

I go a lot of the time by myself. I have a lot of friends here on Magic as well as locals so I usually end up having people to hang with at least some of the time. Go and enjoy yourself, it will be great!!! Marie

Upvote 0

PixyDust

Oh my, I have not been on this forum in so long.... But I'll be returning to WDW in July. Since becoming single again 8 years ago, I've taken the kids every other New Years to the world, but it's hardly the vacation to be able to branch off on my own for any length of time. Last summer my ex husband met me and the kids there while I was at a conference for a week so that the kids could play while I was in class. This year he wants us to all go for another week, and I'm hoping to get at least a few half days of alone time. I have it all worked out in my mind as to what I would do if I had a solid 6 hours to myself. They would center around the World Showcase. Maybe the boat ride over to Studios, but mostly enjoying every nook and cranny of WS.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Ive never done a trip to WDW alone but I dont think I would really have a problem with it. I agree with the above posters, you are free to do what you want, when you want and can really enjoy all the little nuiances that we all miss in crowds or the hustle and bustle of a group. I always see something new or find a place to eat/drink everytime I go, so there has to be plenty of little nooks you can find.

I will disagree with the notion that WDW is a bad place to potentially find a signficant other tho. Look, many relationships are based on looks/sex/etc, but here is something you may have in common with someone already, aka WDW. Plenty of those are based on things which lack a bit of substance. There are plenty of places you could meet someone I'm sure (maybe not the Disney Big Top or even Fantasyland), but there has to be.

Overall, I'd do it. The way my situation if going, I may be down there taking my advice. LOL Good Luck!

Upvote 0

petersenjp

You know, its funny. I am newly single (divorced, then gf, then single). Much like the OP, I have been to Disney over 30+ times, and this will be my first trip alone there. I was worried because Disney was where we did our honeymoon, but I tell you what...I am ready to tackle this journey and make it one of the most memorable trips ever.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom