Newly Refurbished Boardwalk Inn Rooms

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Just finished up a stay at Boardwalk. Thought I’d share some photos of the new rooms! We have really enjoyed it. Very nice, bright, clean, and spacious. It doesn’t seem as though they did much (if anything) with the bathroom and vanity area, but everything else is new and fresh! We were told by the hotel that anybody booking a room on the Inn side will receive a refurbed room and they are no longer assigning the old rooms to guests.

0B15FE05-7F6C-4FBD-ACCC-20FB26CE5F91.jpeg

2ED25BEE-E838-4F5C-8FF2-79897796D08A.jpeg

B347C62A-BFCB-437D-9D2B-8FCD96D69F0C.jpeg

2ED9D21D-2728-459D-AEF6-2DA681D21F4B.jpeg

C94131FE-EFD7-4329-ADD9-2A86F93327CE.jpeg

86875E21-D4FE-4976-B539-468ED524EBB6.jpeg

B8684098-B51F-4C2A-994A-858F90CAB73B.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
In the photo with the art work …..

Did they really put a shelf up across it? Or is it just the art work was on a back wall and the shelf just looks as if it’s cut the picture in half?

Ayla

Just finished up a stay at Boardwalk. Thought I’d share some photos of the new rooms! We have really enjoyed it. Very nice, bright, clean, and spacious. It doesn’t seem as though they did much (if anything) with the bathroom and vanity area, but everything else is new and fresh! We were told by the hotel that anybody booking a room on the Inn side will receive a refurbed room and they are no longer assigning the old rooms to guests.

View attachment 721147
View attachment 721148
View attachment 721149
View attachment 721150
View attachment 721151
View attachment 721152
View attachment 721153
Those bare, cold floors are so unappealing.

James Alucobond

Did they really put a shelf up across it? Or is it just the art work was on a back wall and the shelf just looks as if it’s cut the picture in half?
Those are decals on the back of the open cabinetry, not framed artwork. They’ve been doing that at pretty much every redesigned resort.

Vegas Disney Fan

Much better than carpet to keep clean and not trap odors.

The floors and bedding are functional but they sure are bland.

A simple bed runner would add a pop of color and interest, same with the flooring, maybe a simple border under the bed or something just to add some interest and break up the monotone feeling.

That said I’ll take boring hard flooring over a smelly carpet every day.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
We’ve never stayed cash side in Deluxe resorts. Have tried most of the DVCs. The feeling I get is BW and BC rooms are more basic, Poly and Grand Flo bigger well-appointed rooms. Which makes sense since BW and BC have economical point charts and monorail resorts are a jump in points needed. At first I figured the extra points were mostly due to MK location but later realized the rooms are nicer overall too. I love all the park resorts. They all have positives.

Are rack rates generally better for Epcot resorts than MK resorts?

Ayla

They don't have the problem with odors anymore, but they don't keep the floors that clean at all. We have had to clean the floors the last two visits because they were dirty.
Yep, the new "clean" floors are disgustingly dirty.

surfsupdon

We’ve never stayed cash side in Deluxe resorts. Have tried most of the DVCs. The feeling I get is BW and BC rooms are more basic, Poly and Grand Flo bigger well-appointed rooms. Which makes sense since BW and BC have economical point charts and monorail resorts are a jump in points needed. At first I figured the extra points were mostly due to MK location but later realized the rooms are nicer overall too. I love all the park resorts. They all have positives.

Are rack rates generally better for Epcot resorts than MK resorts?
When Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk first opened in the early to mid 90s, they were priced considerably higher than Poly and Contemp. Because they were/are better. Better dining, park access, pools, common grounds, more hotel like, etc.

But Disney saw the real perk was not what the Resorts have in way of rooms or amenities, but the actual location. So Contemp and Poly skyrocketed much higher than the Epcot Resorts (which are already high) because of that park across the water.

Point being: Disney originally built. designed, and gave amenities to the Epcot Resorts to make them more desireable and priced them higher. But when they saw MK park was the real selling point, they gave in and priced Contemp and Poly much, much higher. We tried the MK Resorts and realized that, for our tastes, they lacked a lot of what we expect/like at the Epcot Resorts.

Beautiful thing is that Disney has different resorts with pros and cons to fit most tastes. And that we all do not have the same tastes. But we would not stay at a MK resort again. So to answer your question, yes, NOW the rack rates are much cheaper at an Epcot Resort than at a MK Resort. But that does not mean that a MK resort is BETTER (for us, they are not!).

Vegas Disney Fan

I noticed this at POFQ also, I always scan under the beds before we leave (for lost socks, etc) and was surprised how dusty it was, it wasn’t a weeks worth of dust either, it had to take a couple months to reach that level of dust bunnies, it’s sad that Disney doesn’t care enough to spend an extra minute with a swiffer to clean the floors between guests.

I put the same style floors in my house and absolutely love them, I can clean my whole main level in a couple minutes and it’s way bigger than a Disney hotel room.

Ayla

I noticed this at POFQ also, I always scan under the beds before we leave (for lost socks, etc) and was surprised how dusty it was, it wasn’t a weeks worth of dust either, it had to take a couple months to reach that level of dust bunnies, it’s sad that Disney doesn’t care enough to spend an extra minute with a swiffer to clean the floors between guests.

I put the same style floors in my house and absolutely love them, I can clean my whole main level in a couple minutes and it’s way bigger than a Disney hotel room.
I dare anyone to wet one of the white room washcloths and wipe a small portion of those bare hard floors in a Disney room. I can guarantee they won't like what they see on the washcloth.

ToInfinity

Original Poster

The shelf is in the middle of the picture. It isn’t technically artwork though but rather a tile-esque design meant more of a backsplash for the coffee maker area.

Those bare, cold floors are so unappealing.
Yep, the new "clean" floors are disgustingly dirty.

I have stayed at other resorts before and felt like that, but here it seemed well-taken care of and not too bare at all. I walked barefoot when we arrived and didn’t have any issues with dirty feet. It did get worse through our stay so at some point I started wearing socks. We had daily housekeeping which was SO nice and they did a really, really great job with the beds and bathroom area everyday, but it seemed like perhaps the floor wasn’t getting swept daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom