Pre-Trip New Year's Eve - Round 4 after skipping it 2022-2023! (12/30/2023-1/1/2024 PTR!)

Almost every year, since 2019, well except for 2022-2023, I've gone to Walt Disney World for New Year's Eve, and boy was it insane but very fun!
I recall the first time I did it, I was in Magic Kingdom for AM EMH, and rope-dropped Splash Mountain (RIP), and jumped right over to Epcot, and started knocking down my three FPs pretty quickly, and Epcot's crowds picked up rather quickly too! Me and my good friend from college Cameron were together in World Showcase for some time too, having dinner at San Angel Inn (yuck) before I ditched them to watch Epcot Forever, and in turn hopped back over to Magic Kingdom (they had JUST reopened from a phased closing) to ring in 2020!!!!!
2020 was more toned down due to the pandemic, but still fun.
2021 was the first year they brought back Fantasy In The Sky and park hopping (well on 1/1/2021), and that sure was a blast despite insane crowds.
I skipped 2022 due to me having the Sorcerer Pass, but renewed as IncrediPass and now... here we are! Another New Year to ring in!

So here's the logistics...
When - December 30, 2023 to January 1, 2024
Staying Where - Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Little Mermaid Standard Room)

Game Plan:
December 30, 2023
That morning I'll have breakfast at home before taking Uber from my house in Lake Mary, FL to the Deland Amtrak Station in order to catch Train 97 from there to Kissimmee and in turn Link 56 to the TTC before walking to the Polynesian and taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and the Skyliner to Art of Animation. From there, I'll check-in, settle-in and get ready to visit Disney Springs in the evening

December 31, 2023
My intent is to do both Magic Kingdom and Epcot that day (you heard right, BOTH Magic Kingdom AND Epcot on New Year's Eve), starting at Magic Kingdom for Early Entry to try to knock down 7DMT and maybe a few things Fantasyland, plus Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. Trying to decide on lunch, most likely Skipper Canteen. Plan is to hop over to Epcot and take on stuff with G+ and may grab an early dinner at Via Napoli before watching their new fireworks show, and in turn hopping back to Magic Kingdom to get ready to ring in 2024 and close out the night at the park!

January 1, 2024
I'll pack up in the morning before grabbing breakfast and catching the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios, in turn the bus to the Polynesian and walk to the TTC, and then I'll grab Link 56 to Kissimmee and then Amtrak Train 98 to Winter Park and then either Uber or a combination of Links 102, 103 and Uber home!

This is going to be so exciting!

littleroo

I look forward to hearing about your adventures!! You definitely have a lot planned. It will be so much fun!
Almost every year, since 2019, well except for 2022-2023, I've gone to Walt Disney World for New Year's Eve, and boy was it insane but very fun!
I recall the first time I did it, I was in Magic Kingdom for AM EMH, and rope-dropped Splash Mountain (RIP), and jumped right over to Epcot, and started knocking down my three FPs pretty quickly, and Epcot's crowds picked up rather quickly too! Me and my good friend from college Cameron were together in World Showcase for some time too, having dinner at San Angel Inn (yuck) before I ditched them to watch Epcot Forever, and in turn hopped back over to Magic Kingdom (they had JUST reopened from a phased closing) to ring in 2020!!!!!
2021 was the first year they brought back Fantasy In The Sky and park hopping (well on 1/1/2021), and that sure was a blast despite insane crowds.
I skipped 2022 due to me having the Sorcerer Pass, but renewed as IncrediPass and now... here we are! Another New Year to ring in!

Game Plan:
December 30, 2023
That morning I'll have breakfast at home before taking Uber from my house in Lake Mary, FL to the Deland Amtrak Station in order to catch Train 97 from there to Kissimmee and in turn Link 56 to the TTC before walking to the Polynesian and taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and the Skyliner to Art of Animation. From there, I'll check-in, settle-in and get ready to visit Disney Springs in the evening

December 31, 2023
My intent is to do both Magic Kingdom and Epcot that day (you heard right, BOTH Magic Kingdom AND Epcot on New Year's Eve), starting at Magic Kingdom for Early Entry to try to knock down 7DMT and maybe a few things Fantasyland, plus Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. Trying to decide on lunch, most likely Skipper Canteen. Plan is to hop over to Epcot and take on stuff with G+ and may grab an early dinner at Via Napoli before watching their new fireworks show, and in turn hopping back to Magic Kingdom to get ready to ring in 2024 and close out the night at the park!

January 1, 2024
I'll pack up in the morning before grabbing breakfast and catching the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios, in turn the bus to the Polynesian and walk to the TTC, and then I'll grab Link 56 to Kissimmee and then Amtrak Train 98 to Winter Park and then either Uber or a combination of Links 102, 103 and Uber home!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Just hearing today's announcement of Luminous debuting on 12/5 give me something to look forward too on 12/31 at 6:30pm over World Showcase Lagoon.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Dining reservations day is fast approaching!
Likely contenders for ADRs will be...
  • 12/30 Dinner - Chef Art Smith's Homecoming
  • 12/31 Lunch - TBD (is the new stuff at Plaza Inn any good?)
  • 12/31 Dinner - Either Via Napoli or Shiki-Sai

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
And that day will be in 3 days!
I was thinking about Skipper Canteen for Lunch on NYE too......

pkkurz

We ate at The Plaza last week. It was much improved from the last time we were there. I had the crabcake sandwich and my wife had the meatloaf, both were excellent. The service was spot on. Highly recommend.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
We ate at The Plaza last week. It was much improved from the last time we were there. I had the crabcake sandwich and my wife had the meatloaf, both were excellent. The service was spot on. Highly recommend.
Jada Pinkett Smith Interest GIF by Red Table Talk

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok folks, since my last update, I'd figure I follow on and mention the ADRs I've booked for this trip:
  • 12/30 - 7:30pm Dinner ADR at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming Kitchen
  • 12/31 - 11:30am Lunch ADR at Plaza Resturant; 4:10pm Dinner ADR at Tutto Italia (may change this to Via Napoli)

Last edited:

BigDis

Game Plan:
December 30, 2023

December 31, 2023

January 1, 2024

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. We have traditionally been at Disney World the week after Christmas and have spent many years in the parks on New Year's Eve so we know what you mean about the parks being "insane." We are going for 3 days this year during Thanksgiving weekend...something we've never done and can't wait.

Lyssa

I did NYE from December 31st, 2018 to January 5th, 2019 :) It was crazy and hectic, but loads of fun. My favorite memory is getting stuck on splash mountain for over an hour.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I did NYE from December 31st, 2018 to January 5th, 2019 :) It was crazy and hectic, but loads of fun. My favorite memory is getting stuck on splash mountain for over an hour.
Glad you enjoyed it, dang to hear about what happened to you on Splash Mountain.

Alexit

Hello! I'm new here :)! I'm also going to WDW on NYE. I've never gone on busy days, I usually avoid high crowds and busy seasons so I rather ask you guys. I see you plan on hopping on the 31st. I was hoping I could do the same, I wanted to rope drop AK and then hop to EPCOT but I'm terrified that park hits capacity and I won't be able to go in. As of right now, I have an EPCOT reservation although I have a park hopper ticket. Aren't you worried about being able to get in? Should I go for it and do you have any recommendations for a time to hit EPCOT?

Thank you very much in advance!

Lilofan

Game Plan:
December 30, 2023

December 31, 2023

January 1, 2024

Are you aware the parks shorted their NYE hours this year with Epcot closing at 12am that you plan to see the fireworks then going to MK and MK closing at 1am? When the fireworks at Epcot end , thousands of guests make a beeline for the exit.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Are you aware the parks shorted their NYE hours this year with Epcot closing at 12am that you plan to see the fireworks then going to MK and MK closing at 1am? When the fireworks at Epcot end , thousands of guests make a beeline for the exit.
I'll be seeing the 6:30pm fireworks at Epcot, and then the 11:50pm Fireworks at MK, just an FYI.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I went to Epcot years ago on NYE. It was strange to see the fireworks at 630pm that day and the sky was not even dark. The midnight fireworks was amazing
I recall it being dark at 6:30pm when I saw the first show at Epcot. Most likely due to the time change in November.

erstwo

I recall it being dark at 6:30pm when I saw the first show at Epcot. Most likely due to the time change in November.
It will be dark. Sunset will be 5:40 NYE and twilight only lasts like 30 mins or less.
Hello! I'm new here :)! I'm also going to WDW on NYE. I've never gone on busy days, I usually avoid high crowds and busy seasons so I rather ask you guys. I see you plan on hopping on the 31st. I was hoping I could do the same, I wanted to rope drop AK and then hop to EPCOT but I'm terrified that park hits capacity and I won't be able to go in. As of right now, I have an EPCOT reservation although I have a park hopper ticket. Aren't you worried about being able to get in? Should I go for it and do you have any recommendations for a time to hit EPCOT?

Thank you very much in advance!
I would think if you have a park reservation you can get in no matter what time of day you arrive. My understanding is the only advantage of park reservations is at busy times, they cut off ticket sales at the reservation capacity. So if you have a reservation, you can get in.
Could be wrong - maybe someone with more experience can help??

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I would think if you have a park reservation you can get in no matter what time of day you arrive. My understanding is the only advantage of park reservations is at busy times, they cut off ticket sales at the reservation capacity. So if you have a reservation, you can get in.
Yes that is correct. Park Hopper and AP Entry after 2pm w/out reservation rule will still apply unless they hit capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom