New Year's Eve Announcement?

Travelguy31

One More Day

I, also, am amazed and embarrased for Disney at the error of telling people to tune at 11:00 pm for a big announcement and then not providing anything. Not only is the promotion somewhat of a lackluster marketing ploy to build excitement, but then this snafu? It all seems really embarrassing to me.

IlikeDW

Way to go Disney it says enter contest now. I tried and it says sweepstakes inactive. Way to Blow Disney! Another nice way to treat your AP and DVC people too! :fork:

If you read it clearly states contest starts Jan 1st.....

Sweepstakes starts 12:01 AM (EST) on 1/1/12 and ends 11:59:59 PM (EST) on 2/29/12. To enter via text using your cell phone, type the key word "DISNEYDAY" as an SMS text message to the SMS shortcode "347639" ("DISNEY"). Msg. & data rates may apply. Or to enter online for free, follow the instructions on this website.
LIMIT: ONE ENTRY ALLOWED PER PERSON/CELL/ADDRESS FOR EACH DAY.

Don't try entering. Sweepstakes inactive is all you will get. If they said every Saturday from 7 am until 7 am Sunday for the entire 2012 that may have been something. The 2 week offer which screws DVC and AP people, giving them no incentive, and the one day open for 24 hrs on leap day is so lame.

If you read it clearly states contest starts Jan 1st.....

Sweepstakes starts 12:01 AM (EST) on 1/1/12 and ends 11:59:59 PM (EST) on 2/29/12. To enter via text using your cell phone, type the key word "DISNEYDAY" as an SMS text message to the SMS shortcode "347639" ("DISNEY"). Msg. & data rates may apply. Or to enter online for free, follow the instructions on this website.
LIMIT: ONE ENTRY ALLOWED PER PERSON/CELL/ADDRESS FOR EACH DAY.

sorry my error. this offer is just so lame but they shouldn't have put the enter now up until 12:01

Captain Chaos

HAHAHAHA did anyone really expect anything more??? Disney never seems to fail to disappoint... But then again, it is kind of hard to disappoint people when we weren't expecting anything anyway...

When you add in the UOR "leak", some heads should roll Tuesday

Nope, they will just be promoted...

disney fan 13

HAHAHAHA did anyone really expect anything more??? Disney never seems to fail to disappoint... But then again, it is kind of hard to disappoint people when we weren't expecting anything anyway...

Nope, they will just be promoted...

i mean lutz and all the insiders told us days ago, i really do not see how people think something else is going to happen:shrug:

Captain Chaos

i mean lutz and all the insiders told us days ago, i really do not see how you think something else is going to happen:shrug:

And yet, read some people's posts.. They CLEARLY thought there was going to be more... I never figured anything more than the 24 hour thing, except maybe an announcement on their 2012 promotion... But there were others, and all you need to do is read here and other sites, that were expecting BIG announcements LOL.... People were warned not to get excited... Some listened and weren't disappointed... Some didn't are of course ARE disappointed...

Sorry if I came across any other way.. :)

Frenchi

Ok I was just reading the rules. It seems they mention a "Grand Prized" but it's not listed. Only the 60 daily prizes. Is this an error or another announcement to come?

From the rules:
4. LIMITATIONS:

All Entries for each Daily Sweepstakes must be received during that Sweepstakes' Day in order to be considered for that Daily Drawing as there will be no carry-over of eligible Entries from one Daily Sweepstakes to later ones, except the eligible Entries for the Grand Sweepstakes shall also include a carry-over of all eligible Entries for all of the preceding 59 Daily Sweepstakes.

Hmmm...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And yet, read some people's posts.. They CLEARLY thought there was going to be more... I never figured anything more than the 24 hour thing, except maybe an announcement on their 2012 promotion... But there were others, and all you need to do is read here and other sites, that were expecting BIG announcements LOL.... People were warned not to get excited... Some listened and weren't disappointed... Some didn't are of course ARE disappointed...

Sorry if I came across any other way.. :)

The fact that there was no announcement bothers me more. I'm totally looking at this from a business failure than an inadequate promotion. Be interesting to see which response I get from the email I sent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom