New with El Rio?

haveyoumetmark

Its pretty much drained and boarded up. There's really nothing to photograph. I believe Merf had pics a few weeks ago of a sign or something. It's standard stuff, retouching, painting, making it not 1980's...

There probably won't be any new AA's at all. Like Andy said, they're going to be projections. I can recall Lee mentioning that.

*Edit: There you are, Lee. I was writing this as you were posting probably, and did not see your post.

DigitalDisney

This is just speculation...

I'd guess that the caliberros will be on all of the old projection screens. Gone are the salesmen on the streets, cliff divers, and mayans.

The scenes will probably be the same (no walls torn down), and it's safe to say that everything in the village/queue/restaurant room will be the same (removing that would be suicide)

ToTBellHop

I'd guess that the caliberros will be on all of the old projection screens. Gone are the salesmen on the streets, cliff divers, and mayans.

The scenes will probably be the same (no walls torn down), and it's safe to say that everything in the village/queue/restaurant room will be the same (removing that would be suicide)
That makes the most sense...they already have plenty of screens...just use them. This is only a few months of work...we aren't going to see anything major. As far as "animatronics", the most I could see would be a few new dolls in the "it's a small world"-esque scenes for the three caballeros, but those are hardly anything to get excited about...they can move like one leg and spin their heads. It would look a bit out of place to have Stitch-quality animatronics with the creepy dolls.

-SIR-

the cookie lady is my favorite scene in almost any disney movie... no idea why I love it so much.... it would be awesome if they included that!

malice

Hey if they really want to have parts of The Three Caballeros film put in they could always put in the seen with the cookie lady!

unfortunately that scene takes place in brazil not mexico, though i would love to see some dancing and swaying edifices.

the-reason14

But why would they not change the que line and leave the tourist to suspect that there is some three cabelors thing in there.

And I would hope that they would keep all of the stuff they are supposedly changing, because thats what made the ride so special to me, its old skool feel. I realize this is all pure speculation, and I hope that some of it is right, but most is wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom