New Walt Disney World Entrance Sign/NEW MK DVD

General Grizz

Original Poster
In the entrance (at least to 67 - EPCOT/DTD), the righthand "character space" has been replaced by a new MAGICAL GATHERINGS light up sign. Donald and Mickey remain in the other two slots.

Also, I saw brand new Magic Kingdom video at Once Upon a Toy. It looked so good, I bought it!

It's a tour of the Magic Kingdom with the most beautiful views. The only major (current) attractions not represented are Enchanted Tiki Room UNM/Timekeeper/Carousel of Progress/Snow White's Adventures/PhilharMagic. Incidentally, they spend several minutes on the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

And, just so you know, this was filmed between 2003-2004 - - because ASTRO ORBITER PLANETS DON'T MOVE!! :lol:

The DVD has great features! It has a little history on the Florida project, some facts, and my favorite, a section where you get to put on your screen multiple angle views of a trip around Main Street, the Walt Disney World Railroad, and the Riverboat. I'll put this on before work in the morning.

What I like the most is the "spirit" represented -- i.e. the camera lighting/colors are totally representative of the attractions.

It's no "fancy shmancy" DVD outside of the main film, but a GREAT, and I mean GREAT, view at the Magic Kingdom.

(And the Country Bears. :D )

Yenfid

I saw that DVD when I was down there last week. I almost bought it. Heck, I bought everything else, and now I'm ordering more from mail order. Maybe I'll get it. what is the SKU # ?

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
Any news on a new Epcot/MGM/AK video?

Didn't see them. Next time I'm at Epcot, I may snag it. If it has extensive Wonders of Life and Spaceship Earth.

As for this one, it's called Where Magic Lives MAGIC KINGDOM . .. $19.95.

It's 35 bucks at http://www.mainstreetmegastore.com/pd_where_magic_lives_magic.cfm -- and it says it's new (click link for info). . . no word on the rest of the parks.

Mail Order's number: 407-363-6200

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Yenfid
what is the SKU # ?

4 00132 18014 2

The quality is amazing. Except for what they put in Haunted Mansion - VERY bad quality 1971 material or . . . Phantom Manor?!

The downturn is, like all of these DVDs, they use incorrect music. i.e. No Swisskapolka or Yo Ho or Tomorrowland. Or someone redubbing Lincoln in the Hall of Presidents section.

I may just make some music videos using the ACTUAL sounds using this great footage. But the shots defintely make up for most of this.

I'll take some screengrabs later on tonight and post 'em right here.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Yenfid
I saw the DVD at MGM Studios. It was in the Art of Disney store.

For MK, or for MGM? Also, if anyone has the Four-Park version, are there any perks?

This could be a great step into releasing a master set of complete attraction history, footage, etc. www.exinct-attractions-club.com is wildly popular, and it doesn't even use official footage for the most part. Disney should really start to take advantage and make a collector's video/DVD set. :)

General Grizz

Original Poster
We'll start off with Mr. Custodial Cast Member! He hosts the DVD. A great guy with a sense of humor.

custodial.jpg

Well, actually, he only says a few words for a few seconds.

Mickey hosts the show.

But I think it'd be really cool if Mr. Custodial Cast Member hosted it. . . don't you think??

Then some great morning shots. . . where NO ONE IS IN THE PARK (wow. . . ideal vacation!)

Until we get to a miscropped (because I'm lazy) photo of Main Street, USA!

msu.jpg

General Grizz

Original Poster
After trips through Main Street, and other key areas in Adventureland, we make our way to FRONTIERLAND.

frontier.jpg

And my Laughing Place.

laughing.jpg

And I added some more Splash because I particularly like these shots.

frogs.jpg

brer.jpg

General Grizz

Original Poster
Phantom Manor in Liberty Square . . . well, the French DID help the colonists. . .

phantom.jpg

PRESIDENTS. . . but I fail to comment because we can't be political on the boards. :eek:

prez.jpg

Some Fantasyland. . .

pan.jpg

*pixie dust*

panride.jpg

PENGUINS!!!

penguins.jpg

And my favorite animatronic where the heads bob a little after they shift from one side to the other. . .

wendy.jpg

General Grizz

Original Poster
The story of Cinderella takes up a few minutes. . . come on! I wanted some PhilharMagic!

To sum it up, they lived happily ever after. This isn't Shrek.

steed.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to post Pirates of the Caribbean. I think this shot actually comes from Disneyland. Cheapy cheapy. I think I like the shot with Cynthia Harris in it more. Just add Paul Pressler, Michael Eisner, and tighten up that cell. :cool:

pirates.jpg

Oh, and by the way, the kids in this video singing It's a Small World need singing lessons, unless dipthongs are "in". . .

iasw1.jpg

This thing is so on key that it has. . . could it be?? Leota??

leota.jpg

General Grizz

Original Poster
The Fountain of Youth - founded by Ponce De Leon.

fountain.jpg

DO YOU SEE THE PLANET MOVING? DO YOU? I KNOW I DON'T!

blur.jpg

Daisy uses her House of Mouse voice. . .

smcontrol.jpg

Did you know Big Thunder Mountain is six feet above sea level?

Mickey and Minnie discuss this fact, and the possibility of Florida sinking into the Atlantic in Main Street Station.

They also talk about Global Warming and the cheese shortage which will result.

station.jpg

COLORS!!!

orange.jpg

purple.jpg

micks.jpg

And, with a kiss goodnight, Mr. Custodial Cast Member gets awarded the best of show.

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by General Grizz

Oh, and by the way, the kids in this video singing It's a Small World need singing lessons, unless dipthongs are "in". . .

[/IMG]

Great Pictures!!!:sohappy:

One question
Where in it's a small world do you hear diphthongs? All I can think of is the drawn out way they say wooorld, but that's not a true diphthong (I think) Just wondering:)
Thanks

General Grizz

Original Poster
And I forgot to mention. . . Share a Dream, Pooh, and Wishes are also not represented (there ARE fireworks, but it would be hard to tell if it's Wishes anyway).

Also, Big Thunder was taped before and after its recent rehab: the smokestack mysteriously appears and disappears! :eek:

It must be magic. . . :lookaroun

awallaceunc

If I had any doubts about making a purchase before, they are gone now! Thanks!

I've been told by someone who runs a website about theme park DVDs that plans for DVDs about the other three parks are in the works.

You can also get this MK DVD without going to the parks. Information is on here: http://home.earthlink.net/~qflux/ (scroll to the bottom- I don't think this site sells them, it just tells you how to get them). I'll wait until I'm there this summer, though.

-Aaron

General Grizz

Original Poster
This is a correct listing:

* MAGIC KINGDOM ZOOMOUT/HUB

* MINNIE/MICKEY HOUSE (OUTSIDE)

* MAIN STREET U.S.A.

* WDW RAILROAD

* SWISS FAMILY TREEHOUSE

* MAGIC CARPETS OF ALADDIN

* JUNGLE CRUISE

* PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

* FRONTIERLAND AREA

* BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD

* COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE

* SPLASH MOUNTAIN

* LIBERTY BELLE RIVERBOAT

* LIBERTY SQUARE AREA

* HALL OF PRESIDENTS

* THE HAUNTED MANSION

* CINDERELLA CASTLE/FOUNTAIN/WISHING WELL

* CINDERELLA'S GOLDEN CARROUSEL

* DUMBO, THE FLYING ELEPHANT

* MAD TEA PARTY

* PETER PAN'S FLIGHT

* it's a small world

* TOONTOWN'S DONALD'S BOAT

* THE BARNSTORMER AT GOOFY'S WISEACRE FARMS

* TOMORROWLAND TRANSIT AUTHORITY

* ASTRO ORBITER

* TOMORROWLAND INDY SPEEDWAY

* SPACE MOUNTAIN

* MAGIC KINGDOM SUNSET/CASTLE COLORS

* SPECTROMAGIC PARADE

* MAGIC KINGDOM "FIREWORKS"/MAIN STREET STATION

SpyDis

Hi everyone! I posted on the other sites as MicFan and I may be able to add some insight into the new DVD and video.

Rumor has it the next one hitting the shelf will be a new Animal Kingdom DVD. Studio and EPCOT should follow right behind that.

I believe you're correct about the planets at TL. The video was shot in the last year or so.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by SpyDis
The video was shot in the last year or so.

Yes. . . filming was done before last August and after November from specific elements I recognize. :)

Can't wait for the EPCOT DVD. . . I hope it has Wonders of Life and LOTS of SE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom