New Walt Disney World Entrance Sign/NEW MK DVD

SpyDis

I'm glad you like it overall. Wouldn't it be wierd if the producers were reading the site now, taking your comments to heart, planning changes and itching to explain why some things were done and not others?

Oh well, just a thought.

Djali999

Originally posted by SpyDis
I'm glad you like it overall. Wouldn't it be wierd if the producers were reading the site now, taking your comments to heart, planning changes and itching to explain why some things were done and not others?

if they are, I'd love to hear from them! :D

General Grizz

Original Poster
Why were things not done and others were? :lol:

i.e. Why couldn't the actual sounds be added? When did filming take place? Why weren't CoP/TK/Pooh added? And what great facts about what happened during filming or decision-making would the producers like to comment on? :D

SpyDis

I would imagine that a project like this would have many cooks in the kitchen that would all have a part in the production process. With any large organization, certain things like "exact" music and even some sound effects would be an issue due to publishing rights. A good example along those lines is Pooh.

I think many of the suggestions made are very good. For example, I can see a day in the future when another version would released that added many of the features your talking about. Maybe as an attraction changes, it could be added to the special features. Along those lines, maybe older riddes should also be added as special features. I'm sure there's footage of 20KL someplace. The question is, at what point will you feel its worth it to purchase again?

I would guess that shooting took place starting sometime last year. Of course there would be the approval process, editing and DVD authoring. That probably took some time too.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I could tell that the footage is very recent.

On discussion with the older attractions, I don't think Disney should release anything (unless they are simply testing audiences) until they let out the "full deal." For example, five minutes of the Mickey Mouse Revue isn't worth it; so for that reason, I believe a NEW series of DVDs should be released with retired attractions.

I can't stress how aggravating people find it, for example, that in the Disneyland USA edition of the Walt Disney Treasures, certain sections are cut out (i.e. Mouseketeers, Tiki Room). If these are supposed to be "archives," let's see the complete thing, or it will just add to the distress of the Disney collector.

People aren't getting any younger. :wave:

One of the reasons I made this purchase is because of the comprehensive nature - years from now, I can pop in the DVD and point out, 'Oh! So that's where that was.' It's simply beautiful.

Also - do you know how much of the Country Bear Christmas Special is on the Christmas DVD?? Thanks!

SpyDis

I'm sure that any suggestions posted here will probably find there way to the pre-production meeting on the updates. The Xmas bears are comparable to what you saw in the new video. There's a slice of it but not the entire show.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by SpyDis
I'm sure that any suggestions posted here will probably find there way to the pre-production meeting on the updates. The Xmas bears are comparable to what you saw in the new video. There's a slice of it but not the entire show.

Thanks for the info. :)

I've spent hours in the Christmas Special to get the correct angles and lighting, but it never turns out like the official thing. I've probably taped that thing about 30 times already, trying to capture the full movements of each scene in an artistic manner, but with the correct lighting "feel."

What I particularly liked about the CBJ portion filmed in this DVD, for example, is the PERFECT lighting. I wish I had the capabilities to tape Melvin, Buff, and Max as they are filmed in the DVD. . . and I know I'll be trying for quite a time! :D

Of course, if the full shows were released with this quality (although I'd prefer to see Henry's face :lol: ) - I'd buy those tapes ASAP and refrain from taping in the theatre. :p

SpyDis

We did some research yesterday. It turns out Disney spells "Carrousel" with two r's in Fantasyland and one r in Tomorrowland. We found that on the Disney guide map.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom