New Vacation Planning DVD

KrazyKemp

Me and my fiance just watched it, as soon as she saw Luke, the first thing she said was "Eww!"

Guess she doesn't care for him much either...

MiklCraw4d

Grr...

dizneycrazy09 said:
just watched it tonight in fact. There was this kid, Luke in the video. He showed us the "thrills". I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle him. I personallly didn't like this video. It was too wacky and just stupid. Good info tho. Even tho they obviously weren't testing Everest when they filmed it, b/c if you look good enough you can see the scaffolding.

In my wildest dreams, I take over Disney Parks and Resorts and fire the entire marketing staff. I wonder when they'll get over this rubbish phase of ADD-riddled 'X-TREME' marketing and produce something suitable for people of at least middling cognitive ability and attention span.

One of my favorite things at the World used to be the in-room TV resort tours. Now I can't even watch it anymore. I realize they want to touch a lot of demographics but I hated that stuff just as much as a kid as I do now. There's nothing worse than someone trying to be funny and 'hip' and failing miserably. When something like that is ghost-written by a staff of MBA's and marketing majors it's sure to fail on almost every level.

Basically, I want my coherent promotional materials back :)

MiklCraw4d

TinkerBell9988 said:
I just said that same phrase today, almost exactly... haha. I say Disney puts hundreds of ropes around it, then all the Disney/EPCOT fans can pull on the count of three... :D

That's a brilliant idea! You know how they sometimes have those fundraisers where they take an old car and let people take whacks at it with a sledgehammer? They could auction off opportunities on ebay and let people have a whack at the wand with a mallet or, say, a chainsaw. Pulling it down with chains is a good idea, too. Even better, for the big bucks, they could bring out the ol' TNT plunger idea and let someone push the button to bring it all down.

dxwwf3

TiggerRPh said:
If it's the same style of video as last years...I'm skipping it.

:brick:

Last year's video was awful.

Well I'm pretty sure it is and I can't agree with you more. I'm helping a friend of mine plan his honeymoon to WDW and I almost didn't give him that planning DVD because I thought it was embarassing and could make him less excited about the trip, but I just warned him that it was extremely corny and to just pay attention to the good info and visuals on the disc.

dxwwf3

Blizz said:
Well if you would like to complain i believe Orlando based CDB Productions produces the videos.

Eh Disney wants these planning DVD's to cater to the teenybopper crowd that watches the Disney Channel and if anyone else likes the current DVD style, then that's gravy. Actually I wish they could put out different planning DVDs for various ages. The current one would be for younger people, the older style (similar to Zip A Dee Do Dah at the resorts) could be for adults, and they could have one that focuses on special groups (WDW alone, seniors, newlyweds, etc.)

That's just wishful thinking though.

Blizz

dxwwf3 said:
Eh Disney wants these planning DVD's to cater to the teenybopper crowd that watches the Disney Channel and if anyone else likes the current DVD style, then that's gravy. Actually I wish they could put out different planning DVDs for various ages. The current one would be for younger people, the older style (similar to Zip A Dee Do Dah at the resorts) could be for adults, and they could have one that focuses on special groups (WDW alone, seniors, newlyweds, etc.)

That's just wishful thinking though.

They did that one year, they ended up loosing money on it.

If you said you had grandkids they assumed you were a grandparent taking your grandkids, if you were the 20 something catagory you got the generic one, and if you were a parent you got a different one, (something like that).

dxwwf3

Blizz said:
They did that one year, they ended up loosing money on it.

If you said you had grandkids they assumed you were a grandparent taking your grandkids, if you were the 20 something catagory you got the generic one, and if you were a parent you got a different one, (something like that).

If it didn't work, no need to try it again.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It was actually pretty annoying, since they often sent the wrong ones...I know they gave me the one for parents, so I ordered a new one and blatantly answered questions that would give me the "20-something category" video...so if there were many people like me, they would certainly lose money on sending multiple videos to people. Really, with a DVD, they could make multiple versions on one DVD and just have people select their age group and who they were visiting with and get their video...

dxwwf3

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Really, with a DVD, they could make multiple versions on one DVD and just have people select their age group and who they were visiting with and get their video...

True or they could include multiple DVD's in an entire package. I just wish there was another option than the current Planning DVD/Top 7 Attractions style of shows that Disney is using now.

Kal_el8604

I Just unwrapped my first planning Dvd in 5 years last night expecting to find the same mellow, smooth talking happy guy whos all hopped up on lithium taking me on a tour of the parks and resorts. What i actually saw was something so horrible I had to shut it off after the Epcot section because i was afraid that it was going to make me hate Disney. This Dvd is the "Star Wars Holiday Special" equivilent(sp?) to Disney World Promotions.

AndyP

Magicot said:
How old is the UK one?? Is it like, "And check out our newest attraction, "Big Thunder Mountain!"'

They're not as far behind in the UK as you would think. A new video has been released pretty much every year, just not always advertised. You just have to send off for them regularly. I just got the new one, which, for the first time, is the same one as the American version, which makes much more sense. We have some different ticket options in the UK so we have a DVD extra with a British presenter. I think the video is full of information. Sure its a little wacky, but still good. However, I sent off for the new one about 2 months ago from the UK Disney website, and since then they have sent me 3 copies, and I have no idea why! :hammer: :hammer:

bork

I always call it the A.D.D. video. They jump around so much and never show anything for more than 2 seconds. I guess they're catering to the attention spans of young people today.

DISNEYFAN17

Just got my planning video a week ago and I dont know wheather i should hate or love it, It would be great with 1 person less hyper but still enthusiastic about disney, than split up into 4 incredibly hyper people other than the bench dude.:cool:

AndyP

Madison said:
The DVDs are free. They're always losing money on them.

They must work to some extent otherwise they wouldn't bother. They'd probably have a higher advertising to sales ration if all of us Disney fans that are going to Disney anyway didn't keep ordering the new ones, but heck, I'm a paying customer too! lol. :p

EpcotServo

I'm Disney's "Target age" and I throw up at the sight of Luke just like everyone else. "Yo! Tower o' terror is slammin' x-treme dudes!!!" :hurl: Why does everything have to be eXtreme? I may never know....:dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom