New Vacation Planning DVD

DisneySam

Cool, thanks for the update. This is a little off topic but I saw the Resort TV girl (stacey?) on a shampoo commercial here LOL. I was like where have I seen her before? Took me a while to figure it out LOL.

David

I ordered the new video last week, so hopefully it will be here in a few days. And about the wand...I wish it would go. To me SE in it's natural state is more in keeping with the theme of Epcot than to have the wand and Mickey's hand over it.

LeahsDad

I think I have the latest one...

If this is the same one I got about two onths ago, with the four different types of people "Thrills guy", "relaxing guy", "mother with kids", and the main woman host? If it is, this seemed to be taped a while back because when they speak of Everest, they show the construction of it and the scafolding is still up on the mountain. I have to agree, it looks like Luke was hitting the bong before taping.

I do have to say that this DVD and CD are alot more useful but i still wouldn't book my vacation thru the website unless I wanted to waste money. Other than that, it was ok for FREE.

Leah's Dad

tirian

which, is funny. Where else but here can you find people debating on which is their favorite bench in the parks? :lol: I'm partial to the ones in Adventureland.

I forgot about those. The faux stone ones across from the Dole stand are the best location to enjoy a nice, cold Dole Whip/pineapple juice float. :slurp:

(I also like the hammocks at the Poly, but Disney doesn't sell Dole whips there.)

Magicot

Craig747 said:
I wish they would bring out a new UK DVD. We can't get the American version and the UK version has been out a while.

How old is the UK one?? Is it like, "And check out our newest attraction, "Big Thunder Mountain!"'

DigitalDisney

Eh, I think the bench guy is funny.

Luke, on the other hand, is extremely annoying. He does two good things:
- Shuts up and leaves the screen (eventually)
- Has the best line of the whole DVD..."Should there be a scheduling mishap and you miss a parade, check out Space Mountain" (or something along those lines)

stu1901

Magicot said:
How old is the UK one?? Is it like, "And check out our newest attraction, "Big Thunder Mountain!"'

The last one i have got isn't too old... it includes pop century, mission space, wishes etc.

Party Elevator

The bench guys name is Dave and he amd the other skater guy are annoying.:mad: They need to go back to the old way they did videos those were alot more fun to watch.

Evan's Servants

I can just about guarantee that you can thank the Disney producers and writers for their (Dave & Luke's) level of annoying. There is no way Disney or any other Fortune 500 company would put out such an image piece without wanting to control every word spoken, approve every video edit, etc. It's just not done -- especially when you know you'll be making a bajillion copies and mailing them all over the place. There are obviously a few sections of 'b' roll which find their way into the finished product -- Erin playing with the large ball, post epcot bird swoop, etc -- but beyond that, I imagine every word was scripted or alternate takes were made for approval in the dailies or early on in the post production. You've got a few days of group filming at each park, plus additional 'b' roll days, so you've probably invested two full weeks of shooting and umpteen hours of tape. I'd hate to be the one logging all that footage...

disneytraceyl

I don't mind the new video. I just do not think the content on the resorts is specific enough. I would also like to see a lot more information on Dining. I do not think a person going to disney can decide on where they are going to stay just off of this video. They need a lot more information.:(

Craig747

Magicot said:

I think its "and opening next year the all new Rockin' Roller Coaster staring Aerosmith."

zaza

Leah's Dad said:
If this is the same one I got about two onths ago, with the four different types of people "Thrills guy", "relaxing guy", "mother with kids", and the main woman host? If it is, this seemed to be taped a while back because when they speak of Everest, they show the construction of it and the scafolding is still up on the mountain. I have to agree, it looks like Luke was hitting the bong before taping.

I do have to say that this DVD and CD are alot more useful but i still wouldn't book my vacation thru the website unless I wanted to waste money. Other than that, it was ok for FREE.

Leah's Dad
I'm not the expert but I've booked through the website and its worked great. The prices was the exact same thing they quoted me in the call center. Is there something I'm missing?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
KevinFSU said:
Get off Dave. DAVE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke, on the other hand, needs to get a freaking haircut (or at least find a comb).
It's "the look"...I'm not sure what look that is, but I see it a lot around campus...I think it's the "poor college student who can't afford a haircut" look.

Coastercameron

You cant dig on luke too hard. There are a few spots esp in the epcot segments where he either enters or leaves the scene out of character. You can kind of tell he has this "I hate this role" look on his face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom