New unload projection effect at the Haunted Mansion

jt04

I have seen many people start to get out of the wrong side :lol:

Very clever application. Simple and effective and perfectly themed.

Thanks for keeping us so well informed Steve.

bsiev1977

Pretty cool effect, but were people really that ignorant and heading out the other side of the car?

Unfortunate, but yes. To get an idea of how ignorant some people are, look closely at the package next time you make a frozen pizza at home. Some brands are "kind" enough to remind you of two very important things: you ahve to cook the food before eating it, and you should remove the food from the plastic before putting it in the oven.

As silly as it seems to those of us with properly functioning brains, Disney as well as any other company, has to do whatever is necessary to protect themselves from potential lawsuits.

Anyway, it's a cool little effect at least. Not restrictive like putting lap bars on Splash Mountain.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
WOW. I would figure that the conveyor belt would be a good direction to go but I guess you cant expect everyone to have simple common sense. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pretty cool effect, but were people really that ignorant and heading out the other side of the car?

Do some guests have a problem with figuring out which side to exit out?
Like I have always said...Never underestimate the stupidity of the average person.

Kudos for Disney attempting to solve this problem with a pretty cool effect and not some obtrusive non themed sign.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It reminds me of one of my favorite George Carlin quotes:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

It's hard to imagine someone trying to get out of that thing on the wrong side, but then again, just picture some of the people you've seen in the parks (or anywhere really) and it makes it easier to picture.

Stupid work content blocker, I was looking forward to checking out the video of this effect! Looks like it will have to be at home.

janoimagine

I would have just put a bottomless pit on the other side, the screams of the falling would add to the overall effect of the mansion, and it would have thinned out the herd .... to much? Would that be too extreme?

Fractal514

My wife and I saw this on our trip last week, and I turned to her and said, I must be blind, I've never noticed that before. Glad to hear it's new.

hpyhnt 1000

Looks great! A nice way of reminding the... uh, less cognitive among us that you can only exit to the left while at the same time not obtrusively ruining the theming of the Mansion.

hpyhnt 1000

Couldnt they just have added a line about exiting to your left?

That would imply people are listening and can process the information being given to them. ;) Remember the folks we're dealing with here; the big green hand is much more direct than some kind of verbal annoucement (plus it looks cooler).

Pioneer Hall

"When the car stops, please step out to your left"

"Please step out to your left"

"Step out to your left please"

Some people just amaze me...

I swear that was there earlier this year starting in like June or July?!?! Was I just crazy or can anyone verify? Maybe they tested it for a short period?

Pioneer Hall

I swear that was there earlier this year starting in like June or July?!?! Was I just crazy or can anyone verify? Maybe they tested it for a short period?

It's possible, but I feel that the news would have been broken here if they had. I know that when I was there in August there was nothing like this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

You're just crazy ;) LOL
It debuted this week. A test may have been possible, but it began full time this past week.

Stitchmon

Isn't there also part of the ride vehicle keeping you from exiting to the right?
Like a little flap that is connected to the lap bar piece, and slides along the seat's shell when it closes?
If a piece of metal completely blocking easy exit doesn't give the message "don't go this way" then I doubt the hand will do much better. :shrug:
But I do like the hand, I immediately thought "Ghost Host is pointing" before anything else :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom