new Universal resorts named and up dates

trr1

Original Poster
from
[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ on 10 May 2018

Dc31NUtW0AIF5qc.jpg

trr1

Original Poster
how many towers will there be in phase 1 ? will it be 3 and the parking structure?

righttrack

I'm impressed with the bargain-level pricing, particularly for the Dockside suites! I'm also totally enthused about the suite floor plan (if the artwork they posted ends up being accurate), which looks like it has a separate "master" bedroom and an attached 2-bed standard room (are those twin beds?) with kitchenette/dining area. In my view, the lack of "real beds" has always been the biggest weakness of all of Disney's comparable suites (e.g., 1-bedroom villas, AoA family suites): if you're a family of four in a Disney 1-bedroom "suite," you won't all get a real bed: somebody has to sleep on a foldout sofa, foldout table, etc. This Universal floor plan strikes me as much more functional (with ample space and storage to boot), and for a fraction of the WDW cost. As my younger friends would say, "totes adorbs!"

Surfside-2-bedroom-Guestroom-1.1.jpg

I'll be watching the building timeline for these new hotels with interest.

Now that is how you do a family suite! Real beds! Even at DVC, beds are scarce. Families with children, extended family trips etc cost a fortune compared to standard hotel rooms with two queen beds or even two bedroom suites at popular suite hotels.

DisneyJoe

Should be interesting to see how these feel as far as space, with all they are putting in it. A 2-bedroom suite is 440 square feet.

Just to compare, an AoA family suite is 565 sq ft., a standard room at the Grand Floridian is 448 sq ft.

matt9112

This is going to reek havoc with the local hotels near Universal. Should equal cheap real esate for Universal to buy up if it fits a bigger plan. ????

Do realize Universal needs to fill these hotels so they will be cheap until the head count goes up. Add another park and more attractions at the parks they have and these rooms might start to creep up price wise in a few years. Take advantage of Universals hotel spree while you can, pretty much every level is a good deal for now.

Honestly I think when these open up Universal will be very over built as far as rooms.

your right about pricing....at launch cabbana bay was under 100 too. ling before volcano bay i think UOR bumped pricing due to the type of guest that began to show up. than once the volcano went up there was extra value there. its still a great price for what you get but its not "cheap" the new hotels need to stay under cabanas price though so i can see them staying around 100 for a while. maybe touch 110 or 120?

matt9112

Should be interesting to see how these feel as far as space, with all they are putting in it. A 2-bedroom suite is 440 square feet.

Just to compare, an AoA family suite is 565 sq ft., a standard room at the Grand Floridian is 448 sq ft.

lol its not even a comparison though the standard room at AOA is just shy of 200 bucks all day long. at this price point there is nothing at WDW to compare to. so im shy some square feet but i saved 300%? ok.

righttrack

Yes, no doubt, but I'd take real beds over pull-outs and murphy beds vs space. Good comfortable rest is important on these trips. It's the only down time we get.

righttrack

I don't have a problem with Murphy beds. They are comfortable when I have been in them. The only times I have slept on one is in big cities where the rooms could be offices or meeting places etc. In other words people could come over and not be looking at your bed. Gives youu more floor space as well. As far pull outs couches etc., no, just no I'm not sleeping on one. I'm too old for that crap.

Murphy beds aren't as bad as some of the table/chair turning into bed combinations in some of those rooms. It's just at those prices, I expect to have beds that require no conversion. You've got the space, but you can't really use it because at night you need to take the bed down.

OG Runner

I don't mean to be the wet blanket here, I hear a lot of excitement for this new resort, but honestly, it doesn't look
like anything that special. I am not comparing it to any other resort. It looks like it is on a small piece of land right
in the middle of a high traffic area. How close is this to the parks?

JoeCamel

I don't mean to be the wet blanket here, I hear a lot of excitement for this new resort, but honestly, it doesn't look
like anything that special. I am not comparing it to any other resort. It looks like it is on a small piece of land right
It is a very short bus ride or it can be walked. Not very far.
This is not meant to be "special" it is a value resort and the pricing will be the draw.

OG Runner

It is a very short bus ride or it can be walked. Not very far.
This is not meant to be "special" it is a value resort and the pricing will be the draw.

Thank you! I appreciate the information. Pricing is a very important factor, given the prices in all of
the parks keep going up every year.

Disneyhead'71

The new hotel is where the left yellow arrow is in this pic. You can see the parks behind it.

Phase 2 (Dockside) is going where the right yellow arrow is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom