New Travel Channel Special "What's New Orlando 2005"

Joevn

Original Poster
Just thought all of you might be interested to know that the Travel Channel premiered a new special on Orlando tonight called "What's New Orlando 2005". If you missed it, it repeats this Thursday, October 21st at 10:00PM and Friday, October 22nd at 1AM. It covers what's new at Universal, WDW and other stuff to do beyond the theme parks.

Joe

stitchrules223

You are halfway correct there Grizz. Those were the first two rides that were showcased, but then they went into Stitch's Great Escape, Expedition Everest, and the Motor Stunt Show. For SGE, they only showed the concept art; EE the building process at press time and concept art; and actual footage from the Disneyland Paris Motor Stunt Show.

Goofy23

Watched the Disney stuff (on commercial from the Yankee game), and I am now officially excited about EE. Not just in the ride itself, but the sheer size of it. The construction pics on this site and standing 300 yards away from what is there now doesn't do the final project justice. I can't wait to see that 15 ft. tall Yeti chasing me down!

nickcarraway

I caught this last night. Dude, it's totally hosted by my friend Liz Nagengast from here in the city. I had no idea! She's no Kryssa, but she's pretty awesome. Although she was acting more newscaster-y than organic. Probably not her fault. Anyway, the whole thing seemed like a commerical for the Orlando tourism buearu or something. It made it seem like Orlando was the best, most cosmopolitan town around. The whole thing was way werid.

Joevn

Original Poster
Yeah, the whole thing felt like a vacation video, especially when she went: "To learn more about all of these exciting destinations, just log on to our website at Discovery.com and click on Travel Channel." :)

Also, kinda interesting to note, during the Walt Disney World segment, they go over the Pop Century Resort for a bit.

Joe

Atta83

Hmm sure i will miss that show due to school, i will just keep reading the Brinbaum's 2005 book, some interesting stuff in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom