New Transportation?

hbkrocco1

I heard, from another Disney Fanatic, that they were looking into a state of the art subway system that would be more like a Disney ride then a mode of transportion. I have no idea if this is true.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by hbkrocco1
I heard, from another Disney Fanatic, that they were looking into a state of the art subway system that would be more like a Disney ride then a mode of transportion. I have no idea if this is true.

I doubt it is true. If a monorail is too expensive then a subway will be way out of the question since it would probably cost more to completely dig out the underground.

Invero

Re: Re: New Transportation?

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru

A friend in transportation told me that disney had the monorail supports up from the epcot line to the gate of mgm. He said Disney wont spend the money to complete the loop and buy new monorails which cost $1,000,000 each. One day they plan to run it to all parks. The orgional plan for the Swan and Dalphin was to have a monorail run through it but the idea was later scrubbed. I see only one major problem with their transportation in WDW is that the most filled resorts (All Star) has the least amount of buses. I waited at Downtown Disney for an hour for a bus to the All Star Movies. I had to call my friend at transportation to tell him to send some buses for myself and the other 100 people waiting for buses to the same resort. During this time we saw tons of empty buses for Disney Institute. They need to redo their entire bus system.

It's only a rumor that the Monorail was supposed to run through the Swan and Dolphin. The buildings were not designed for it.

As for busses to All Stars... Actually, I can tell you that All Stars has more busses than any other resort. Busses from DTD typically arrive between 12-17 minutes apart, depending on the route. I can't remember off the top of my head how many busses they run on that particular route, but we'll say for example, 3 busses, with a 45 min cycle time. That means 3 busses will come by within that 45 min period. (If demand warrants, they will add a 4th)

If a bus happens to be an hour late... that tells me that there might have been a uncontrollable situation (ie: breakdown, accident, or other traffic situation) that might have occurred. However, even still... we do have alternate routes, and the ability to dispatch "floating" busses on demand.

Our system actually works pretty well... but as with Life... sometimes things will go wrong. *shrug* That's life. However, for the most part, we run on schedule, if not quicker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom