New Train Station Sign

Animaniac93-98

I think most members upset about the changes to the sign are more upset that it seems to be yet another example of Disney dumbing down their product into a very generic state.

Personally, I'm dissapointed at something like this getting funding and time spent on it at all. The old sign didn't really need to be changed and the end result is not substantially different. It's a "why bother?" change that still cost the company money.

Projects like this and the new paint job on Innoventions seem to exist soley to justify someone's pay check.

Cmdr_Crimson

... but it's not. They just corrected the sign to reflect the park's proper name. Nothing is being dumbed down (lol). Disney is literally doing something right and you all are complaining about it. They seriously can't win.

If you wanna gripe about the removal of the population stuff and whatnot, fine. But don't get mad over a "The," especially since it shouldn't have been there in the first place.
This also goes for people who want "CENTER" back...It's not going to...

zoso

The roadway signs don't mean anything. I am sure we can all agree that the resort is known by all as "Walt Disney World", but all roadway signs just say Disney World.

Really? I mean officially it's Walt Disney World and it looks so much better that way, but as far as people referring to the park, I never hear anyone actually say the "Walt" part when talking about Disney World.

Not that I'm particularly on any side of this discussion, but it's something that crossed my mind just now. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "We're going to Walt Disney World". I think it's just one of those things though where it's easier/quicker to say it without saying the "Walt" part, or people just subconsciously drop "Walt". When writing it out officially for things such as video titles and merchandise, it definitely is Walt Disney World, but in general day-to-day talk I think most people just say Disney World.

Even in The Magic, The Memories, and You they refer to it as Disney World (@2:50)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom