New Train Station Sign

_caleb

I think it would be really cool if whoever made these decisions engaged with fans to share motivations/reasons for the changes. We're all passionate about the parks (this is why we spend time on these boards!), and I think that kind of inside-baseball interaction would be really fun and much appreciated. I'm NOT saying they should ask for fan opinions first (that would be a nightmare of Universal comparisons and "what-would-Walt-do?" reactions!).

Maybe I'm asking for a Reddit-style AMA with the guy who decided to change the train station sign? Just an idea.

Jedi Stitch

I remember when Disneyland used to have an actual Daily count of people in the park over the main entrance tunnel, then going into Toontown, they had a funny that had screw, ball, 2500, k, .4. The actual counter was great to have info, seeing the actual level so you could gauge your plan for the old first come first served rides.

belle119821

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this in the 13 pages already, but driving around the resort this week I had this new sign in mind. The direction signs for the buses and at the hotels all say "Magic Kingdom," not "The Magic Kingdom." I don't know if this is a new trend and it finally got to the main sign, but I thought it was worth mentioning that now they all seem to be consistent.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this in the 13 pages already, but driving around the resort this week I had this new sign in mind. The direction signs for the buses and at the hotels all say "Magic Kingdom," not "The Magic Kingdom." I don't know if this is a new trend and it finally got to the main sign, but I thought it was worth mentioning that now they all seem to be consistent.

They were always without "THE"
3338833683_2360de97fa.jpg

Even one's off property....
us-192_eb_app_griffen_rd.jpg

thundermtnGOAT

The proper name for the park, as far as I remember, has always been "Magic Kingdom" or "Magic Kingdom Park." The "the" was just used as an article and never meant to be part of the proper noun that is the park name. Ex,
"I went to the Magic Kingdom," or "I went to Magic Kingdom," is correct, NOT "I went to The Magic Kingdom." So technically the sign did not reflect proper nomenclature and needed to be changed. Some unfortunate looking merch has mistakenly used the "The" on the front in the last couple years, but that was nothing more than a poor design choice.

There you go.

thundermtnGOAT

I think most members upset about the change are more upset that it seems to be yet another example of Disney dumbing down their product into a very generic state.

... but it's not. They just corrected the sign to reflect the park's proper name. Nothing is being dumbed down (lol). Disney is literally doing something right and you all are complaining about it. They seriously can't win.

If you wanna gripe about the removal of the population stuff and whatnot, fine. But don't get mad over a "The," especially since it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Castle Cake Apologist

... but it's not. They just corrected the sign to reflect the park's proper name. Nothing is being dumbed down (lol). Disney is literally doing something right and you all are complaining about it. They seriously can't win.

If you wanna gripe about the removal of the population stuff and whatnot, fine. But don't get mad over a "The," especially since it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I was talking about the sign changes as a whole, and particularly the removal of the things that gave the sign character (population & elevation), thereby dumbing the sign down into a more generic state.

Images are blocked at my workplace (Healthcare industry, our filters are pretty strict), so I didn't see the meme in his post until I just looked on my phone. I edited my original post to be more clear that I mean the changes as a whole.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom