New Tower drop sequence is open

csm

Original Poster
Go with properly adjusted expectations. :rolleyes:

Some effects appear to be not yet functioning, but I don't believe there are enough to make a substancial difference in ride experience. Hope I'm wrong!

WDWFigment

Didn't expect much from this, so I won't be too disappointed. Hopefully there are at least some cool new exterior effects at night!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Go with properly adjusted expectations. :rolleyes:

Some effects appear to be not yet functioning, but I don't believe there are enough to make a substancial difference in ride experience. Hope I'm wrong!

Any details for us on the drop?

csm

Original Poster
Any details for us on the drop?

I'm not a big fan of posting spoilers, but I'll say after literally thousands of rides on varying encarnations of the attraction over the years, it feels considerabely shorter (in terms of time spent in the drop shaft). There's one moment of unexpected airtime that I appreciated. The Fifth Dimension is..... sigh. Apparently something for the queue isn't ready yet. Again, adjust expectations accordingly. I've heard night projection on the facade, but obviously there's no way to verify that at the moment, and I might not make it tonight at all. Probably hitting up SpectroMagic's last show (for some reason).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm not a big fan of posting spoilers, but I'll say after literally thousands of rides on varying encarnations of the attraction over the years, it feels considerabely shorter (in terms of time spent in the drop shaft). There's one moment of unexpected airtime that I appreciated. The Fifth Dimension is..... sigh. Apparently something for the queue isn't ready yet. Again, adjust expectations accordingly. I've heard night projection on the facade, but obviously there's no way to verify that at the moment, and I might not make it tonight at all. Probably hitting up SpectroMagic's last show (for some reason).

OK thanks. I know your credentials well, so your info is always appreciated.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This can not be said enough.....If you do not want to see spoilers then unplug. If something is out expect it to be talked about.

WDWFigment

Just for clarification's sake, is tonight's show the last? I know Summer Nightastic Officially starts Sunday, but is MSEP actually going to be running Saturday? I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I haven't seen it...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just for clarification's sake, is tonight's show the last? I know Summer Nightastic Officially starts Sunday, but is MSEP actually going to be running Saturday? I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I haven't seen it...

Yes MSEP runs for 2 shows on Sat night

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Isn't it obvious?

This isn't an episode of LOST or a brand new movie. People com here for news and rumors, keyword: NEWS. If they wantd to be surprised then they wouldn't come here. So what is the big deal about posting what everyone wants to know (that's why they're interested and reading this thread)

:brick:

Sorry, but that is just a no-brainer.

Because criticizing is cool for some; it's how they "roll." Didn't you get the memo? :hammer:

WDWFigment

Anyone can post they know something but then say "I don't wanna tell"

This has got to be one of the most useless threads ever.

This forum is filled with threads predicated on the type of "I don't want to tell" posting styles that you mention, and plenty of people eat up those posts.

Personally, I consider a thread that has substantive information (the attraction seems shorter, the drop profiles aren't that great) about something that is in existence (the new effects) but doesn't disclose everything a lot more "useful" than many cryptic threads/posts by purported insiders who never really say much of anything and just claim to know things that may or may not happen in the distant future. How is the latter type of post "useful"?

rangerbob

Yes MSEL will be preformed tomorrow (Sat) night. It was announced to annual passholders for 9 & 11 and the nightastic fireworks at 10.

Timekeeper

Are you criticizing me for not posting, or others for saying too much?

Oh, I was just curious as to what pleasure someone who is not a fan of spoilers would get out of reading/posting on a news and rumor-based discussion board. I'm not a fan of anchovies, so I just avoid the anchovies; know what I mean? I read your post to imply that you were "holding back," which seems kinda silly here (so long as your info is not otherwise "confidential" with respect to Disney). I apologize if I misunderstood. :)

If something is out expect it to be talked about.

Agreed; which is why many of us favor detailed descriptions (to the extent that the person is able to recall/describe them) over vague ones. I don't know of many anti-spoiler sentiments on this board. To the contrary...

rsoxguy

Are you saying that (in your opinion) the drop sequence seems shorter? This would be a major disappointment.

ryanduggers

=WDWFigment This forum is filled with threads predicated on the type of "I don't want to tell" posting styles that you mention, and plenty of people eat up those posts.

Personally, I consider a thread that has substantive information (the attraction seems shorter, the drop profiles aren't that great) about something that is in existence (the new effects) but doesn't disclose everything a lot more "useful" than many cryptic threads/posts by purported insiders who never really say much of anything and just claim to know things that may or may not happen in the distant future. How is the latter type of post "useful"?

Thread win.

Remember Merf's Haiku's? :hurl:

There is not much worse than talking in circles when you don't really have anything to say.

I like how Steve and Martin handle rumors & spoilers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom