New Tomorrowland sign

GlassHalfFull

Unpopular Opinion: The sign doesn't need the words on all sides, since only one side is entering Tomorrowland, and the letters couldn't get much bigger without the base getting a lot larger or the letters wrapping around so much you can't read the whole word.. The letters actually look bigger than the old sign, but with a cleaner look they are all your eyes are drawn to

I know I am in the minority but I like it.. it's an improvement.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I like it. Hopefully, the aesthetic overhaul of Tomorrowland won’t be too drawn out.

Ask yourself two things: what is a sign's purpose, and does this serve that purpose?

“The main purpose of signs is to communicate, to convey information designed to assist the receiver with decision-making based on the information provided.” So if I need to know where the entrance to Tomorrowland is from the hub, then it has served its purpose. People already in Tomorrowland don’t need a sign reminding them they are in Tomorrowland. Since the sign is at the entrance, text on any other side could confuse guests what direction the entrance is. A sign with “Tomorrowland” on multiple sides would be better suited well within the land, if there was to be such a sign.

brihow

Unpopular Opinion: The sign doesn't need the words on all sides, since only one side is entering Tomorrowland, and the letters couldn't get much bigger without the base getting a lot larger or the letters wrapping around so much you can't read the whole word.. The letters actually look bigger than the old sign, but with a cleaner look they are all your eyes are drawn to

I know I am in the minority but I like it.. it's an improvement.

I dont' think you're in the minority, I feel like it's 50/50 down the middle or close to it. But I always remember that a lot of people hate any kind of change even if it's an improvement.

ninjaprincesst

What was right with the old one? For me it just looked cluttered. The nice simple look is a good thing.
The old one looked like Disney this looks like something unfinished that a second grader came up with, it has no theme just blah and boring and just might as well not be there because no one will even notice it. This is supposed to be Disney where everything is over the top.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

The old one looked like Disney this looks like something unfinished that a second grader came up with, it has no theme just blah and boring and just might as well not be there because no one will even notice it. This is supposed to be Disney where everything is over the top.

For me the old one was overblown and cluttered as if a child had used every thing they had and stuck them together, it was over the top in the wrong way so it just looked dated. Disney isn't about being over the top, its about good design.

ninjaprincesst

For me the old one was overblown and cluttered as if a child had used every thing they had and stuck them together, it was over the top in the wrong way so it just looked dated. Disney isn't about being over the top, its about good design.
No Disney, it's not supposed to be some boring New York simplistic loft , it's Disney and it just looks unfinished and stupid, like someone else said it kind of looks like a toilet. It just really looks like the started on it and someone said "hey lets go ride the Millennium Falcon" and they walked off and forgot about it. Nothing about it says Disney or themed, or Tomorrowland.

ppet

A sign can serve more than one purpose. If it's main one is to convey information the second purpose IMO is to help set the mood or vibe of an area. While I'm not a fan of the old one, this one is severely lacking.

Jon81uk

No Disney, it's not supposed to be some boring New York simplistic loft , it's Disney and it just looks unfinished and stupid, like someone else said it kind of looks like a toilet. It just really looks like the started on it and someone said "hey lets go ride the Millennium Falcon" and they walked off and forgot about it. Nothing about it says Disney or themed, or Tomorrowland.

But often less is more.
Which one looks more Disney and which one actually looks better?
Spaceship_Earth_with_Mickey's_Wand.jpg

spaceship-earth-night.jpg

ninjaprincesst

At least Spaceship Earth is finished looking, this just looks like they got started and never completed it, it's just too simple and the lettering as someone else mentioned is too small, it just looks thrown together and not finished. Now lets just hope the don't mess up Spaceship Earth as refurbishment with Disney lately is not a good thing.

JIMINYCR

I find it very unwelcoming and underwhelming. A poor sign design that does nothing to draw you in and set the theme of an area thats supposed to be exciting and thrill packed. Maybe thats the point... advertising Tomorrowland... bland and blah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom