New Tomorrowland. Is this the year it finally gets announced?

Ismael Flores

Am i the only one that thinks they should tear out everything from Magic eye theater down to pizza planet, star wars bay old skyway buildings and autopia load area and start from scratch with a new better designed use of space at this point?

If not i at least hope they stop trying to squeeze things into the huge round building and old skyway building.

If not The magic eye theater should be gutted. The entrance to Space mountain should be moved so that it starts at the bottom level of the Starcade.
Widen the space mountain exit point by removing the planters that were built to separate the theater crowds. Block all the exit doors of theater.
Use that theater structure along with all the wasted space behind it. The area that at one point houses the fastpass area, and old old kitchen area when there used to be an eatery for the amphitheater and Turn it into a family dark ride. There is so much wasted space back there being used by walkways and ramps that lead up to the space mountain que at moment that would not be needed.
All that would move to starcade area and a properly used roof queue

Phroobar

Am i the only one that thinks they should tear out everything from Magic eye theater down to pizza planet, star wars bay old skyway buildings and autopia load area and start from scratch with a new better designed use of space at this point?

If not i at least hope they stop trying to squeeze things into the huge round building and old skyway building.

If not The magic eye theater should be gutted. The entrance to Space mountain should be moved so that it starts at the bottom level of the Starcade.
Widen the space mountain exit point by removing the planters that were built to separate the theater crowds. Block all the exit doors of theater.
Use that theater structure along with all the wasted space behind it. The area that at one point houses the fastpass area, and old old kitchen area when there used to be an eatery for the amphitheater and Turn it into a family dark ride. There is so much wasted space back there being used by walkways and ramps that lead up to the space mountain que at moment that would not be needed.
All that would move to starcade area and a properly used roof queue
We need a new Starcade with lots of retro arcade cabs, air hockey and put it all on freeplay!

Phroobar

So sounds like you’re warming up to a retro TL?
I do but I still want Horizons 2.0 and Sea Base Delta with underwater coaster. ;)

An electric Autopia would be great if they took away the bar in the middle and used onboard sensors keep the car on the road. It would also stop the car if collision is going to happen. My hybrid Tucson does those things so why can't the Autopia cars?

Also give the autopia glowing tracks with some lighting effects.

iu

truecoat

Haha ok that’s enough Stitch for them. Still think there was better IP for a shooter ride though. Interesting all the parks are ditching the Buzz theme for Astroblasters huh? At DLR it would makes sense or at the very least it’s expendable as we have Pixar Pier and TSMM. If all the parks are doing these lateral moves to new shooter rides (or in Hong Kong’s case a down grade with Antman) then I’d like to see one version of Astroblasters stick around. Just not sure I want it to be ours. Shanghai can be the one. Haha

That Antman redo was a complete dud. I had high hopes or thought it would be better than Buzz but it looked awful.

MK-fan

Also bring back the speed ramp. Those in line for Space Mountain can then watch the show. They can bring back Halyx.

iu

iu
Scott Townbridge briefly mentioned that the band may come back to Tomorrowland but this was in 2022, plans have most likely fell through.
1714430894324.jpeg

Consumer

The rare TDL L.
TDL has plenty of L's. People like to pretend they don't simply because they have quality maintenance and put money into their attractions. Stitch in the Tiki Room, Nemo in Port Discovery, Groot on "it's a small world," the Lion King soundtrack on the Jungle Cruise.

October82

TDL has plenty of L's. People like to pretend they don't simply because they have quality maintenance and put money into their attractions. Stitch in the Tiki Room, Nemo in Port Discovery, Groot on "it's a small world," the Lion King soundtrack on the Jungle Cruise.

I actually wouldn't include any of these in a criticism of TDL (Nemo would show up high on my list for TDS), because the real problem with that park is that much of it feels like the Magic Kingdom in 1985. As much as I wish TDL had seen more thoughtful updates over the years, I still prefer it to the slow decline of the domestic parks, and the show quality is generally very high.

PiratesMansion

TDR.

There aren't nearly as many L's as other Disney properties, and proper maintenance and the best cast of any Disney park out there makes up for a lot.

Groot on Small World is temporary.

Stitch in the Tiki Room, fine, but it hasn't shown the original show since the 90s anyway.

Nemo isn't great, but it's predecessor, Storm Runner, was only better in the sense that it fit the theme better. It wasn't actually a better (or good) attraction.

Not sure why people get hung up on Lion King in the Jungle Cruise. It's apparently ok to break the fourth wall with other jokes, but not include a five second audio reference to a Disney movie? K then.

So there are like two mildly bad things, one thing that's temporary, and one that's personal discretion. Oh, and they consistently do actual maintenance, still have those Disney Look standards that people love to prattle on about them changing in the US, and staff the place to the hilt. You're right, they're awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom