New Tomorrowland. Is this the year it finally gets announced?

Professortango1

Isn't all of the Starcade's 2nd floor now Space Mountain queue? Or is there additional space left over?

Honestly, if they need to utilize a new loading area for a Peoplemover 2.0, perhaps the old Carousel theater is the most obvious location. Plenty of queue space on the first floor, then load on the second. Not the most optimal use for the space, but if it's coming back and going back to the original setup isn't practical, I could picture it.
Space has a lot of it as an overflow queue, but Space also has a huge center area not utilized at all except for a false landing pad. And a theatre below which sits empty. I'd love to see Space given a proper queue and the former Starcade space also used for something.

Professortango1

Better yet. Remove Space Mountain's indoor theater and turn it into a fully functional outdoor amphitheater. Then remove the Fantasyland theater and put in an e-ticket unique Frozen or Tangled boat ride.
I'd rather see a great stage version of Tangled in the FL Theatre than another generic FL attraction like FEA. And TL has a live performance venue already, do we really need another one? For...cover bands and Star Wars-themed shows that should be in another land.

DrAlice

Space has a lot of it as an overflow queue, but Space also has a huge center area not utilized at all except for a false landing pad.
OMG. My entire life of visits, and it is in just this moment that I learned that the big open space up there is supposed to be a landing pad. o_O πŸ€ͺ 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣

Phroobar

Also bring back the speed ramp. Those in line for Space Mountain can then watch the show. They can bring back Halyx.

iu

iu

PiratesMansion

I suppose it makes sense to me that if today's Disney replaces Buzz Lightyear, something like that would be the result.

Not really a Wreck-it Ralph fan, but at least it'd be something a little different if it was to come to fruition. Would make even less sense in Tomorrowland than BLAB IMO, not that they much care.

I imagine it can't be worse than Ant-Man in Hong Kong.

Consumer

Shooter Wreck it Ralph ride? That doesn’t seem like the best way to use that IP. I think Stitch makes a lot more sense as a Buzz retheme but I can’t remember if TDL has a Stitch presence in their Tomorrowland. With that said, I’d rather have a brand new (non shooter) dark ride replace Astroblasters.
TDL's Enchanted Tiki Room features Stitch.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They also have Stitch Encounter! in Tomorrowland already.

Haha ok that’s enough Stitch for them. Still think there was better IP for a shooter ride though. Interesting all the parks are ditching the Buzz theme for Astroblasters huh? At DLR it would makes sense or at the very least it’s expendable as we have Pixar Pier and TSMM. If all the parks are doing these lateral moves to new shooter rides (or in Hong Kong’s case a down grade with Antman) then I’d like to see one version of Astroblasters stick around. Just not sure I want it to be ours. Shanghai can be the one. Haha

Last edited:
Haha ok that’s enough Stitch for them. Still think there was better IP for a shooter ride though. Interesting all the parks are ditching the Buzz theme for Astroblasters huh? At DLR it would makes sense or at the very least it’s expendable as we have Pixar Pier and TSMM. If all the parks are doing these lateral moves to new shooter rides (or in Hong Kong’s case a down grade with Antman) then I’d like to see one version of Astroblasters stick around. Just not sure I want it to be ours. Shanghai can be the one. Haha
I'd be fine with keeping it at MK, if they could PLEASE upgrade the guns to DL quality!

Phroobar

I remember Buzz was suppose to be replaced with a Sugar Rush ride. They talked Disney's first use of AR to see the other car characters with the ability to shoot at them. I guess the lead imaginer on that project got a job at Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom