New to DSLR, What's a Good 2nd Lens for WDW?

NowInc

I'll have to look into renting lenses (will probably do that when I go for a telephoto at some point, but not for a while). It's somewhat difficult now since camera stores don't really exist around where I am (they all seem to have gone out of business) so I've been relying on reviews, forums, and groups on flickr to try and figure it out. Luckily, at least here people have been helpful.

Sadly. camera shops are harder and harder to find all over. If you are looking to rent, I've had great experiences with http://www.borrowlenses.com/

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Sadly. camera shops are harder and harder to find all over. If you are looking to rent, I've had great experiences with http://www.borrowlenses.com/

Thanks, I'll keep it bookmarked, may be something I start using. As for camera shops, all I can sort of find is the incredibly small section in Best Buy, but at least they have the 35mm lens I want, so I can just go and pick that up.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Should work with no issue. Best part about ordering from Amazon is if it DOESNT work, just put it in a box and send it back :)

Wasn't sure how that would work since it says the item is Fulfilled by Amazon. But hopefully all goes well, will be placing the order today.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Enjoy it! I think you'll notice a huge difference when using it, both in durability and image quality :)

That's what I'm hoping. I'll also be getting the 35mm Nikon lens, and from what gathered reading online, it's hard to go back to the kit lens after stepping up in quality. Definitely looking forward to that. Now to wait to actually get to WDW.

Gig 'Em Mickey

Congrats on making a decision. That's always hardest for me. You will like it. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself (Bryan Peterson books are a great start) and use your gear until you are comfortable with it. Don't wait until you get there to figure out how to use your stuff. Go out and practice in different lighting conditions and different subject matter.

Yes, that lens will work on your D3300. I used it several months ago on a D3200

For rentals I have used borrowlenses.com as well and have been very satisfied.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Congrats on making a decision. That's always hardest for me. You will like it. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself (Bryan Peterson books are a great start) and use your gear until you are comfortable with it. Don't wait until you get there to figure out how to use your stuff. Go out and practice in different lighting conditions and different subject matter.

Yes, that lens will work on your D3300. I used it several months ago on a D3200

For rentals I have used borrowlenses.com as well and have been very satisfied.

That's the plan, from now to December I should be able to work with different lighting/locations to get adjusted to the lens and will do the same when I get the 35mm.

I'll also check out what Peterson has written. Glad to hear the lens will be able to auto focus and everything on the D3300. Now to wait for it to come in the mail and start working with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom