New to board, Tremendous Site>>

Baylordad

Original Poster
My daughter (Who loves WDW more than I and was engaged in the castle there in January) informed me about this site. I guess I am in some ways a "Disney Nut". I recently retired and have had Disney in my blood since 1956. I have been online several hours today and have thoroughly enjoyed this site. In my opinion the folks aboard here are a great extension of Disney. Looking forward to communicating with the crowd.
1956 Vacation in California - Disneyland
1962 - 1968 Navy/Living in California - Disneyland (10 - 12 times)
1971 Vacation @ Disneyland
1973 Holiday Inn - Maingate - WDW
1975 Holiday Inn - Maingate - WDW
1977 Dutch Inn (Now Grosvenor) WDW
1979 Dutch Inn (Now Grosvenor) WDW
1981 Hyatt Regency @ Disneyland WDW
1982 Hotel Royal Plaza WDW
1984 Hilton (Downtown Disney) WDW
1986 Treehouse Villas WDW
1988 Hilton (Downtown Disney) WDW
1989 Hilton Disneyland
1990 Condo Lodge WDW + Cruise
1991 Dolphin WDW
1992 Wyndham LBV WDW
1994 Hilton @ La Jolla, Calif. Disneyland
1996 Dolphin WDW
1997 Yacht Club Resort WDW
1998 Villas @ Disney Institute WDW
1999 Yacht Club Resort WDW
1999 Ponce Deleon (St. Augustine) WDW
2000 Hilton (Melbourne) WDW
2000 Hilton Garden Inn (Orlando) WDW
2001 Hilton (Downtown Disney) WDW
2002 Grosvenor Resort WDW
Our visits have varied from 1 day - 7 days. This May/June we are planning a 3 week visit. I can't wait. Am I a 60 year old Nut or what?

DisneyCP2000

Welcome to the Boards

Wow, not that's a list! I've only begun to go nuts for Disney. It started for me in 1999, when I went down with a couple of friends. From there, I went crazy for Disney.

So here's my list, not as big :)

I don't know the date but here are the times I went...
spring 89'ish: I went for the first time with my family.
Winter 1999: Went with friends from college. Stayed outside WDW.
Spring 2001 : with friends who've never been there. Stayed outside WDW.
Fall 2001: went to work.
Summer 2002: Went with family who haven't been there in 5 years. Stayed at All Stars Music (I'm now hooked on WDW resorts).
Fall 2002: Went with old roommate from College Program and worked a day for the company.

Once again, Welcome to the WDWMagic :D

Baylordad

Original Poster
U. S. S. Kearsarge

I was stationed aboard the USS Kearsarge 1962 -1965 out of Long Beach. Spent a couple more years out there working then came back to Texas.

tweetypez1

You may be a nut, but you are in good company!
Welcome! This is is the best Disney board out there, and the people here are the best too!

no2apprentice

Re: U. S. S. Kearsarge

Originally posted by Baylordad
I was stationed aboard the USS Kearsarge 1962 -1965 out of Long Beach. Spent a couple more years out there working then came back to Texas.

Thanks. Just wondering if you were stationed out of San Diego. I grew up there. From Texas to Long Beach, huh? That must have been a shock, even in 1962!:animwink:

Baylordad

Original Poster
No Kidding

I was raised in West Texas in a little town of 4,000 including pets. I spent a lot of time in San Diego. That is my favorite spot in California.

Figment1986

Welcome, have a good time here

but just remember this....

I am Not a figment of your imagiantion...... :lookaroun

well, i am not sure, but their is a chance.....

(should i just put that in my sig soon??)

The Mom

Premium Member
Ooh, ooh, someone else from MY generation! ;) (sort of; at least he's closer than most of you young whippersnappers) And former Navy, too. Welcome aboard. :wave:

Maria

no2apprentice said:
I promise not to ask any questions about Tiajuana.:lol:

"Aunt Juana?" :lol:

LOL and sorry :eek: ... it was funny how you wrote Tijuana, because it meant that in Spanish! :animwink:

Welcome to the boards Baylordad! That´s quite a list! :wave:

Enderikari

The Mom said:
Ooh, ooh, someone else from MY generation! ;) (sort of; at least he's closer than most of you young whippersnappers) And former Navy, too. Welcome aboard. :wave:
Ohhh... It doesn't matter how old you are! Everyone at Disney is a kid again!
That's part of the Magic! Welcome to the Boards, BaylorDad, its always better to share (experiences, I mean)

JBSLJames

Welcome aboard. I have found this site to be very helpful for questions I have, very friendly (for the most part) in the responses and tips, and very entertaining. Again, welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom