New three-course selection menu coming to California Grill

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Reservations open January 31st and the new menu begins April 1st.

Here are some photos Disney shared -

IMG_BCB12444B9E2-2.jpeg
IMG_BCB12444B9E2-1.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpg

Drdcm

As it currently stands, they offer individual food items or do you have to do the 50th pre-fixe menu?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was told the prefix has made a huge impact on the bottom line. This will never go away. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more signatures go to this model. I also expect price to increase.
Because it’s a ripoff…and they're admitting it

Deduct yourself from the “bottomline”

I shouldn’t be surprised…this all goes back to dining plan…and the customer base is horrible and determining what good food is and what they should be paying

aaronml

I would personally prefer a “minimum spend” per guest / per table rather than prix fixe.

It would still be effective at preventing people from only ordering dessert, etc, but without the additional consequences (e.g. forcing people to order an appetizer even if they don’t want one / don’t like any of the options).

Chi84

Premium Member
Even their photos make it seem like a scam. One ravioli, a half a lamb chop, and a sliver of cake. 95$ please! Or you can have one shrimp, a half sushi roll, and a mini cupcake
I’ve done the prix fixe twice and the portion sizes were ample. I’m not a fan of this model because it limits choices but I don’t think there will be an issue with getting enough food.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would personally prefer a “minimum spend” per guest / per table rather than prix fixe.

It would still be effective at preventing people from only ordering dessert, etc, but without the additional consequences (e.g. forcing people to order an appetizer even if they don’t want one / don’t like any of the options).
If it’s anywhere close to appropriate price…they’d offer the fixed next to an a la carte…

Restaurants do it all the time.

This is hiding behind big prices to cost cut in the kitchen at the same time. For you listeners at home.

We went to this in June - on the last minute (daily…it’s available) after a family tragedy…

And we enjoyed it…but all agreed it was one and done as long as it was fixed.

But doesn’t matter if I go, right? Only been probably 20-25 times.
Plenty of people from Denver without dvc lining up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve done the prix fixe twice and the portion sizes were ample. I’m not a fan of this model because it limits choices but I don’t think there will be an issue with getting enough food.
It’s not the portion size they’re after…it’s having the freezer truck back up near empty .

Drdcm

If it’s anywhere close to appropriate price…they’d offer the fixed next to an a la carte…

Restaurants do it all the time.

This is hiding behind big prices to cost cut in the kitchen at the same time. For you listeners at home.

We went to this in June - on the last minute (daily…it’s available) after a family tragedy…

And we enjoyed it…but all agreed it was one and done as long as it was fixed.

But doesn’t matter if I go, right? Only been probably 20-25 times.
Plenty of people from Denver without dvc lining up.
I’m one of those people and I stopped falling for it real fast - not actually Denver but upper Midwest

Drdcm

Yeah I was just being dramatic. My wife doesn’t like these things because she’s super tiny and eats very little. Pre-fixe menus cause us to waste both food and money.

HouCuseChickie

This really ticks me off. While my parents have raved about their recent visits and don't mind the change, I feared this would be a permanent thing. When visiting California Grill, I don't usually want a traditional three course meal. I'd often order 2-3 appetizers and have several cocktails instead of dessert. My oop costs were usually on par with someone having a more traditional 3-course meal and sometimes higher because of those cocktails. I'd much rather go in there today and order the cascade roll, the short rib wontons, and the duck pizza vs. any of the entrees and desserts. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom