New things to do at Walt disney world

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Bravesfn1 said:
Didn't you used to be able to swim in Seven Seas Lagoon if you stayed at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian? I remember staying at the Grand Floridain and swimming at the beach area there when I was younger. When I went to WDW in October they had signs at both of the resorts beaches saying swimming is not allowed. Anybody know why?
Yes.Many,many, many years ago you could. The reason it is no longer allowed is due to the nugleria amoeba commonly found in lakes. If this amoeba gets into your sinuses or a wound the accompanying brain infection (amoebic encephalitis) can be fatal. A large number of public lakes in Florida no longer allow swimming in them due to this. The infections are quite rare but all it takes is one and Disney has a multi-million dollar law suit on their hands. Here is an articleon this subject.

ILLmaticS0ldier

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:
Yes.Many,many, many years ago you could. The reason it is no longer allowed is due to the nugleria amoeba commonly found in lakes. If this amoeba gets into your sinuses or a wound the accompanying brain infection (amoebic encephalitis) can be fatal. A large number of public lakes in Florida no longer allow swimming in them due to this. The infections are quite rare but all it takes is one and Disney has a multi-million dollar law suit on their hands. Here is an articleon this subject.

when this turn into a lake discusion?

PintoColvig

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
when this turn into a lake discusion?
When you started this post about a beach in WDW. :lol:

BTW, if you want the Disney AND the beach, just head over to Disney's Vero Beach resort.

monkeytrouble

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
You kno one thing disney can do (if possible) is make an artifical beach notice dere aren't beaches in Central flroida(obviuosly)this would probaly make soem people stay an extra day. And if they can make it with salt water even beter this woudl defenilty be a long task though but its been done in japan(indoor though).Yea they got the water parks but a beach is a beach and the can proably put a disney twist.Also what about a ski resort I've seen it in japan they got buildings where they maintain the snow and they ski no mater the tempature outside.Also a third water park with rides like in Schlitterbahn like the upwatds slide or the body sufing ride would be a great additon any other ideas?

Ever heard of Blizzard BEACH
LOL !!!!

kodiak5bears

MayKit said:
that people who stay at the PO resorts from Louisiana mostly stay there when they have rooms available at the right time! lol Though I am from New England, and did enjoy my stay at the Beach Club.

I am from Cape Cod, Mass. and I love vacationing at the beach. All beaches are different! The sand is different, water is warmer, etc.

thejohn

Master Yoda said:

can u make that English

surfsupdon

MayKit said:
that people who stay at the PO resorts from Louisiana mostly stay there when they have rooms available at the right time! lol Though I am from New England, and did enjoy my stay at the Beach Club.

I'm from the beaches off the coast of NJ, and we have been staying at Yacht Club most recently. The architecture and some of the "landmarks" over at the BoardWalk are commonplace where I live.

A bowling alley would be great! Or how about a skating rink? They did have an ice skating rink during winter set up at Down Town Disney but I haven't seen that in years.

ILLmaticS0ldier

Original Poster
piglet*florida said:
A bowling alley would be great! Or how about a skating rink? They did have an ice skating rink during winter set up at Down Town Disney but I haven't seen that in years.

I think thats exactly what should be in downtown disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom