New things for me to do in WDW?

Alexis

Original Poster
Hello everyone!
I've been going to Disney since I was a toddler & now I'm almost 20! Greaaaat! Can't stop hearing the age card at my house and its alittle sad :(
Our usual vacation is going to The Magic Kingdom park, that's really been my only favorite park, considering I'm not a heavy rider! Then we usually go to Downtown Disney, walk around the shops, etc.
I was wondering if you had any other ideas of things my family & I could do that may be alittle off our routine to change things up a bit! I am the only child so its me and my 2 parents!

Thanks!

JiminyandTink

I say you give the other three parks another chance. Since you're not big on rides, I would enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of just walking around Animal Kingdom, or take a stroll around the World Showcase and eat some great food, or take in some of the live shows throughout Hollywood Studios. Or how about one of the tour experiences at one of the parks.

StarWarsGirl

Can't stop hearing the age card at my house and its alittle sad :(!
1501782_616261865100433_629031272_n.jpg

Alexis

Original Poster
I say you give the other three parks another chance. Since you're not big on rides, I would enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of just walking around Animal Kingdom, or take a stroll around the World Showcase and eat some great food, or take in some of the live shows throughout Hollywood Studios. Or how about one of the tour experiences at one of the parks.
Thanks for the reply!
I've always wanted to try a tour experience of the park, sort of like a behind the scenes! That would be really neat!
So, I have a question for you, since I'm not big on rollercoasters or rides with large drops, which is why I veer towards MK. Do you recommend a park I'd like that has rides excluding those options?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply!
I've always wanted to try a tour experience of the park, sort of like a behind the scenes! That would be really neat!
So, I have a question for you, since I'm not big on rollercoasters or rides with large drops, which is why I veer towards MK. Do you recommend a park I'd like that has rides excluding those options?
Epcot. Plenty of slower rides and movie / show attractions. There again, DHS has four stage shows, Muppetvision and Great Movie Ride.

I would say Hollywood Studio. Got Star Tours (motion ride with screen), toy story ride (fun shooter), Indiana Jones show, Fantasmic show at night, muppetvision, stunt show to watch, this could go on but for someone whos not big on thrill rides, this would be my pick.

midwest_mice

Epcot would be a park if you're not into thrill rides. Most are slow moving except Test Track and the intense version of Mission Space. Plus there's some films in a few of the country pavilions.

The Magical Genie 123

Epcot and HS are great if you don't like thrill rides. At HS you got the Great Movie Ride which isn't fast as all and is a classic, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, two great shows, Star Tours, which is considered a thrill ride but isn't too bad at all, and American Idol, Indiana Jones, and Muppet Vision. Toy Story Mania always has gigantic waits, but if you can get on it, it's great. And at Epcot, there's only 3 thrill rides. And Soarin is very relaxing unless you have a fear of heights. A walk around the World Showcase is always great too. Animal Kingdom you could try, but there's many thrill rides there. Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris are pretty fun rides, though. Hope this helps! Have a fun next trip! :)

Matt_Black

Also, you can try things outside the parks. The Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf is lots of fun.

I will echo what was said above- the three other parks have a lot to offer for thrill-ride-averse adults. One of my favorite Epcot attractions is the very sedate Living with the Land boat ride.

Finally, depending on how you feel about meeting characters, the other parks have some that can't be met at Magic Kingdom normally, such as Mulan at the China Pavilion in Epcot or Pocahontas at Animal Kingdom.

Alexis

Original Poster
Also, you can try things outside the parks. The Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf is lots of fun.

I will echo what was said above- the three other parks have a lot to offer for thrill-ride-averse adults. One of my favorite Epcot attractions is the very sedate Living with the Land boat ride.

Finally, depending on how you feel about meeting characters, the other parks have some that can't be met at Magic Kingdom normally, such as Mulan at the China Pavilion in Epcot or Pocahontas at Animal Kingdom.
Good idea about the mini golf, i'm definitely going to look into that!
Nope, not imto the characters! They're cute & all but too shy for a picture at my age :((

George1995

The mini golf is a great idea. When I go on my trips I always try and take a break at some point in the week and get to Fantasia Gardens. Really well themed and the holes are a lot of fun as well.

luv

Thanks for the reply!
I think Epcot is the only park without a coaster. All the Disney and Uni parks have a few thrill rides, but mostly non-thrill ride attractions.

If you haven't seen Conservation Station in the AK, you might try that!

It's hard to recommend things when I don't really know what all you haven't done or what you want to do. Almost everything in Orlando is not a thrill ride, so there's a lot.

Eta: the Jesus park doesn't have a coaster. I forget it's name, though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi! Thanks! I appreciate your reply! Will definitely give that a shot
You're welcome.

Specifically at Epcot try

Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy
Journey into Imagination
Captain EO (loud 3D movie)
Circle of Life
The Seas pavilion
Have a wonder through Innoventions
Mexico has a boat ride
China, France and Canada have movies
American Adventure
Norway has a movie and a ride with a single drop like Pirates

At DHS try

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Lights Motor Action
Beauty and the Beast (check show times for these 3)
Muppetvision 3D
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Great Movie Ride
Fantasmic!

Minnie1976

Thanks for the reply!
I don't know the specific names but AK has 2 walk throughs where can view the animals and there are shows in the park.

Visit the hotels

If they still have them,the segway tour I took was great!!!

Epcot Future world

All the parks have a lot too look at or visit.

On our visit this year in the great movie ride one of the dresses on display was Scarlet O 'harra's dress. She wore it at the BBQ in G WTW . Being a big fan I was excited to see it. So you never know what you will see.

All the other parks have wonderful shops to explore and restaurants. We bring a list of snacks to try that we have read about.

Just a few hints.

Matt_Black

Another thing- Epcot, DHS, and AK have a ton of live entertainment. Off Kilter at the Canada Pavilion, Mulch Sweat and Shears at DHS, and Gi-Tar Dan at the Camp Minnie-Mickey area of AK are some that immediately spring to mind.

JiminyandTink

Thanks for the reply!

I would probably go with Epcot (not so much just for the rides, but I just love that park) but it does have some good non-thrill rides. If you do go to Epcot, ?I would even give Soarin a try, it does take you up in the air, but it is really not a thrill ride and is a lot of fun.
That being said, DHS has the most shows if you like that, and Killimanjaro Safari in Animal Kingdom is a fantastic non-thrill ride.

Disney Shib

Go bowling at Splitsville in DtD. We love it there. Go later though, there is usually a DJ and you can order Apps & Drinks right to your lane. It's something fun and different after the parks close. :)

WDWoptmist

Every Disney park is for the whole family! Just because at DHS people love RnRC and ToT doesn't mean thats all there is to do. Go explore all of the parks they are so detailed you could spend all day walking around without riding anything. But Epcot really doesnt have any overly thrilling rides as long as you stay away from M:S. And maybe instead of going to DD try going to the Boardwalk for your night out, grab a bite at one of the many restaurants and enjoy the bustling boardwalk play some of the old carnival style games and watch the live entertainment, in 1 more year for you Jellyrolls is AWESOME best dualing piano bar ive ever been to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom